Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-0 and still haven’t played 4 quarters of clean football. I’ll take it.

That might actually be what has me more excited. You take away the self inflicted mistakes/errors we made and there's another 2 or 3 TDs hung on the Gators.

Fant fumble we were driving to score and the Hooker fumble we were moving the ball as well.

Sucks, but didn't matter. The only thing it ended up changing was the stat sheet. Made HH's pass/TD ratio better.

Well very next play it was Small punching it in. So just added an attempt to Small's stat line. But it's still frustrating they missed it on the field and then even with great video evidence missed it again. Why it's annoying is it was a good long review that Florida defense got to rest during.

Agree. Especially with our D.

Need to focus our TE passing game on Warren and work one of the young guns into the game. Fant cost us in this game. Not just the fumble, he did not run his pattern past the sticks on that 4th and 3 near the end. He drops too many passes as well. They went away from Hyatt way too soon, they had no d-backs who could stay with him.

Stuff to work on as coaches.

Was Fant on the winning team?
Yup.

Not gonna bitch. Coaches will take care of any issues. Nuf said.

Oh and 4-0 is really nice on a Sunday 😎

Well very next play it was Small punching it in. So just added an attempt to Small's stat line. But it's still frustrating they missed it on the field and then even with great video evidence missed it again. Why it's annoying is it was a good long review that Florida defense got to rest during.

Oh, I miss remembered then. I thought it was the swing pass out to Small.

Welp, so far so good. Burks is still an unknown commodity in that I'm not sure he's a number 1 wr at this point..... If he keeps making plays and running routes like that hell be more than enough.

That was a solid route to get open

Reactions: Jimmy Football
Another thing, I know we dont like Bob because he isnt good at his job, but I miss Tim Priest. Pat never really gets excited and honestly he doesnt like how the game is played complaining about shotgun only all the time. At least Priest would give some good homer calls, the Tabor one and the one about Amerson were two of his best. Im sure he doesnt fit the image TN wants with their broadcast crew, but I wish theyd bring in Ron Slay for the color spot in football. We need a homer in the booth.

After we went up 17 I peeled myself from the TV to go to my son’s bball game. I turned on the Vol Network on the way. As much as I detest Danielson—and I don’t think detest is nearly strong enough here—I was really disappointed with Kesling and Pat. It’s like they were calling play by play for a funeral. I’m convinced they were up there drooling on Oxy. Danny has batted 1.000 so far—this needs to be one of the next big moves.

So-so YPAs. Fair number of TOs vs TDs.

Still a great one. HH just on a different tier.

View attachment 494318
If he stays on this pace without the mistakes, and he doesn’t win the Heisman, it will be a disservice to him. We all know who they will give it to in the end, but if he can stay on this pace, I would say he is absolutely deserving as much or more than the QB at Alabama.

But are you though? Lol I’m not sure.
That defense..🤦‍♂️..admittedly it has made it much less exhilarating as it could/should have been.

It was a ridiculous and pathetic performance by the defense.

We could/should have taken their souls, and inspired dread of having to face us every year, but instead they are going to go back to Gainesville and say they easily could have-should have won at Neyland despite it being just the fourth game with a new staff and the troubles that comes with.

We should have war crimed them...instead we handed them hope and a moral victory....because our defense forgot how to play football.

was just pointing out that pointing at the record 20 years later and saying look we were good doesnt paint the full picture. That season was rough in real time

Yeah I got what you were saying. The 02 season is one of those forgotten letdowns during the Fulmer era because we finished 8-5.

Reactions: vols2345
But you can also say that if Fulmer wasn't so damn conservative offensively those QB of his era would have had even MORE numbers.

Easily every QB of Fulmer's era playing with Heupel's system would have been even better statistically.
Maybe better, but THIS good? Very skeptical. We're talking b2b top 3 QB nationally.

Those QBs also turned the ball over quite a bit more than HH...and that is WITH a conservative and rushing offense. And none could run like him, though Shuler was decent.

Some folks just seem to make the connection between those QBs and our records at the time. But those teams had ELITE defenses and rushing attacks.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Think we just need to understand who we are in the defensive backfield and play aggressively. No need to be bringing pressure up front if we are going to give big cushions on the back end. Think we need to just be aggressive across the board and see where the chips fall. That’s what we did the last possession against UK last year, the entire 2nd half of Pitt and the last play against Florida. Think we play better overall when we are ultra aggressive.

hot take. Defense is better than what volnation thinks it is
Overall, maybe. Passing D, prob not.

Actually think folks got a bit too happy with them because we faced a hobbling backup and 2 G5 teams. But Slovis put up 300 yards in 1 half. And now Richardson and UF put up nearly 600 in a full game. Worrisome numbers iyam. Got 2 weeks to hopefully find a better gameplan.

Welp, so far so good. Burks is still an unknown commodity in that I'm not sure he's a number 1 wr at this point..... If he keeps making plays and running routes like that hell be more than enough.

That was a solid route to get open
Wait, who? 🤣

Burks??

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Hendon Hooker is back on top leading all SEC QBs in the conference with the highest NCAA Passer rating. He also graded out as elite by ESPN’s total QBR for his performance Saturday and while QBR had his as the best QB in the conference for week 4, the guy in 2nd place was 31 lengths back..

We lead the nation in total offense. That’s #1 in the entire country. We’re 36th in rushing yards per game and 2nd in passing yards per game. We’re 4th in scoring offense.
From near worst to first...in 17 games, with other teams castoffs...that is absolutely amazing.

Overall, maybe. Passing D, prob not.

Actually think folks got a bit too happy with them because we faced a hobbling backup and 2 G5 teams. But Slovis put up 300 yards in 1 half. And now Richardson and UF put up nearly 600 in a full game. Worrisome numbers iyam. Got 2 weeks to hopefully find a better gameplan.
This. All. Day.

Passing D is slaw with some Swiss cheese mixed in.

When did you feel like UF was in position to win that game? A non-fan of either of the teams watching that game would have known UT was in driver's seat the entire 2nd half. Only the crazy last minute was tense with that regard.

Exactly. Anyone who says they weren't honestly concerned that it was going to slip away is lying. That last minute scared the hell out of me and brought back painful flashbacks of previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back