Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iā€™ve heard so many people say we could win 8 this year and I still wonā€™t ever forget Saturday.

We may never forget, but we canā€™t change the outcome. If you said 7 wins right now, I would say letā€™s keep building. Thatā€™s 4-4 in conference. It would mean a bowl and a new QB next year.

Somebody called it. They came in with a plan to treat this like a scrimmage and rotate a crap ton of players to get experience, and we ended up a disorganized clusterf@#$ that got exposed.

First thing I said to my FIL as I realized an L was likely. Waaaay too many subs. Non-cohesive OL and revolving door left too many players clueless.

HC Pruitt has made footballing too harder than itā€™s supposed to be.

I applauded the lack of transfers, but now I wonder if there is still too much coddling going on with the team demeanor.

A coach who spits fire and demands a high standard will always shake cages and birds will fly.

This is what I'm curious about..

We know he's a relentless recruiter, but there's also a time to tone the recruiting down and coach the players you have. If all the Butch guys are thinking about being recruited over, at what point does it go from urgency of losing playing time to the idea of "the coaches don't care about my success, they only care about their guys"?

Just dumb rumors to get him fired.

Yea, itā€™s like when fans loosely say their team ā€œquit.ā€ Fans donā€™t want to believe their talent is inferior or their team got outcoached. So, it resorts to players ā€œquittingā€ or the coach ā€œmailing it in.ā€ Itā€™s not in Pruittā€™s DNA. He just made some boneheaded decisions, and the hope is that it gets cleaned up.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Yea, itā€™s like when fans loosely say their team ā€œquit.ā€ Fans donā€™t want to believe their talent is inferior or their team got outcosched. So, it resorts to players ā€œquittingā€ or the coach ā€œmailing it in.ā€ Itā€™s not in Pruittā€™s DNA. He just made some boneheaded decisions, and the hope is that it gets cleaned up.
Tbh Iā€™m at the point to where he should just play all Fr. and Soph. Get the players you recruited experience, take your lumps because letā€™s be honest, we had the worst last night. (The worst is 0-12 but you know what I mean).

No way we beat Florida
This is what I can't get out of my head.

If you were gonna pick games easiest to hardest... It would be gast and UTC ..... And then everyone else.

If we can't handle gast.....

Htf we gonna beat anyone else?

And that's where I'm at with this season. By this measure... We shouldn't win a single game....outside maybe UTC.

#findingsomethingelsetodoonSaturdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back