Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed into my Bovada account for the first time in like, two years today.

Because the sports gods hate me, I bet on 1) Rams > Saints; 2) Under 56.5; 3) Pats > KC; 4) Over 56.5; and then the last little bit on the Clippers beating the 8.5 spread vs the Spurs.

If my preferred teams lose, I win money. If they win, it's worth the $27 that I figured I'd never see again anyway.

@engineerVOL

Here are some of the rules:
11.7.4 Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] There shall be a limit of one head coach, 10 assistant coaches and four graduate
assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football. (Revised: 4/28/11 effective 8/1/12, 4/26/17
effective 1/9/18)

13.1.2.5 Off-Campus Contacts or Evaluations. Only those coaches who are identified by the institution, in
accordance with Bylaws 11.7.4.2, 11.7.5.2 and 11.7.6, may contact or evaluate prospective student-athletes off campus.
Institutional staff members (e.g., faculty members) may contact prospective student-athletes for recruiting purposes in all
sports, on campus, within one mile of campus boundaries during an unofficial visit or within 30 miles of campus during the
prospective student-athlete's official visit. [D] (Revised: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/92, 8/5/04, 5/26/06, 7/31/13, 4/26/17 effective
8/1/17)

Rules of 13.01 et seq. apply to recruiting. I haven't seen the details on the exceptions, it's always possible it's a policy for applying the rules, rather than rule language.

Last edited:
Reactions: engineerVOL
I did a prop bet and took the Rams successfully making over 1.5 field goals today. The spreads scared me and so did the over/unders. I could see both games going either way. The rams will try to run the ball and chew the clock to keep the ball out of the saints hands. I’m hoping it leads to more than one successful field goal for them.
I hope I’m right since I lost on the 76ers last night with Paul George getting fouled shooting a 3 and made it a 4 point play with 4.5 seconds remaining when the 76ers were up by 2 which would have won me the bet. I wasn’t a happy camper lol

Bets today

Taking KC and the under today. This isn't your usual Pats team and in an arctic blast.

Over in the NO and LAR game. Think its gonna be a shootout.

We'll be #1 in the AP poll, but probably #2 in the coaches poll. AP had virginia #1 and coaches had Duke #1. They almost never drop a team that didnt lose.

We'll be #1 in the AP poll, but probably #2 in the coaches poll. AP had virginia #1 and coaches had Duke #1. They almost never drop a team that didnt lose.
Duke lost to unranked Syracuse. We are the only team that hasn't lost in regulation, and it was a ranked team. (weren't they number one at the time?) We should be the number one team.

Stopped following Clay a while back. Does he still brag about being a millionaire every 20 minutes?

never want someone to lose money, unless they're a stoopit sumbitch who brings it on himself, by bragging and being reckless by gambling...

idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back