Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
I'm eating lunch Bass. Gross

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Maybe AtlVol's clue was supposed to be Chaney. He does look like the marshmellow man. He was still coaching up until Saturday, and he has a lot of SEC experience. I don't understand why he would want to leave what looks like a good situation in Georgia, but stranger things have happened. Who would have ever imagined Dooley getting a SEC OC job straight outta babysitting Dez?

Chaney's contract is up at the end of 2018 with Georgia.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Oh, no! I got that from a book by Naomi Klein in the late 90s. An anti-sweatshop labor thing that is kind of ironic now given that UT is a Nike school. When I first started following UT football messageboards, I was listening to a lot of Rage Against the Machine.
10-4, There is a screen printing company here in Knox called Riot Printing and the owners are big Vols fans and it looks very similar to something they have printed in the past so I was just wondering. You are safe from a DN joke today. Hell yea on the Rage Against the Machine, runs constant on my gym playlist.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I'm not the biggest fan of Fulmer being the AD. Just because a guy can coach, doesn't mean he can run an athletic department. My opinion hasn't really been affected by the possibility that Fulmer blocked Freeze. I'd like to think that it's possible to have a career AD brought in that isn't a stooge to the BOT, but maybe, that's not realistic.

I don't disagree with anyone here saying things like "Fulmer loves the program." I'm just of the position that someone's passion for a job or task can still come up short if the skills and experience aren't there. I also worry about Fulmer's ability to help the other sports, especially since basketball may become our more successful program if Pruitt can't stick the landing. No proof yet that Fulmer's made any huge mistakes (though I would have fired Holly and made a splash hire to put us right back up there with UCONN), but I've always felt uncomfortable with the hire.

I was not of the opinion that Fulmer would be a good hire as AD, at all. However, I am not anti-Fulmer, and I do not see any reason to doubt him up to this point. Based on what I know (just what I read an see on tv), I would give him a top grade for his performance thus far. Everyone who pushed for him was spot on. He was exactly what we needed in a time of desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back