Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh Noooo you don't mister!!!!

giphy.gif

His obsession with LBJ is creepy. lol

So Mayfield comes in and plays one good half of regular season and all of a sudden he is crowned king of the team and it is the now the "Baker Mayfield Era"... ?? And because of a concussion, now it is "Tyrod who"?? Geez.

It doesn't mean it will happen but if we can't beat Florida we are going to need some major jump to beat the next 4. Then Mizzu, Vandy and Ky are no slouches. We should beat Vandy and Ky still but Mizzu could test our young secondary similar to west va

Our young inexperienced secondary wouldn't have looked so bad against WVU if our defensive playcaller hadn't gotten too impatient and overly aggressive. He said so himself after the game and then again in the last week or so. He said our guys in the back are better than they showed against WVU but he put them in bad positions a few times. At least three times he overloaded our secondary and Grier burned him for TDs. When he was patient and bend but don't break we held them to FGs, one of which they missed and because we were offsides they ended up with a TD. Take away Pruitt & Osborne's mistakes and WVU may have only scored 13 - 19 points. We punch the ball into the endzone in the fourth quarter when we're on their 2 yard line and the game ends 21-13 or 21-19 in our favor. Losing Chandler early (probably hurt us) and not knowing which of our running backs could find a hole on the 2 yard line were liabilities that we seem to have now recovered from. jmo.

It is what it is but it could have been different.

So Mayfield comes in and plays one good half of regular season and all of a sudden he is crowned king of the team and it is the now the "Baker Mayfield Era"... ?? And because of a concussion, now it is "Tyrod who"?? Geez.
Absolutely. If he was smart, he'd retire today so the clock would start ticking for his selection into the Hall of Fame.

Our young inexperienced secondary wouldn't have looked so bad against WVU if our defensive playcaller hadn't gotten too impatient and overly aggressive. He said so himself after the game and then again in the last week or so. He said our guys in the back are better than they showed against WVU but he put them in bad positions a few times. At least three times he overloaded our secondary and Grier burned him for TDs. When he was patient and bend but don't break we held them to FGs, one of which they missed and because we were offsides they ended up with a TD. Take away Pruitt & Osborne's mistakes and WVU may have only scored 13 - 19 points. We punch the ball into the endzone in the fourth quarter when we're on their 2 yard line and the game ends 21-13 or 21-19 in our favor. Losing Chandler early (probably hurt us) and not knowing which of our running backs could find a hole on the 2 yard line were liabilities that we seem to have now recovered from. jmo.

It is what it is but it could have been different.
This is true. There were a bunch of times he left a safety, usually freshman flowers, 1 on 1 covering one of their best receivers. That is a tough ask. Grier was able to diagnose faster than most and burned us. Flowers looked good playing safety but not when he had to cover like a cornerback. He should improve there but have to remember he didn't really play football till last year. Grier also made us look bad even when we had good coverage. Because he is really good.

Try taking a family of 4! We had over $1500 into our Charlotte trip. A weekend in Neyland usually costs us more than that bc we always stay close to the stadium to the tune of $300+ a night.
My couch, back patio, and grill is just as good experience for me anymore!

I feel you. I have to drive 8 1/2 hrs. A trip to go to Neyland for my 4 is close to 1k + and that’s for nosebleed seats. That’s why I hardly go. Hoping to go to the Kentucky game this year, just don’t know if it’s feasible.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
It was always “Tyrod who”...even in Buffalo. Forever a placeholder...not bad money.

Reactions: crazyguy
Irony:

For all of Butch’s talk of “one-oh-two-four-fifty-five,” he along with general incompetence within the AD have put a serious dent in the strength and consistency of that number. Gone are the days of always having a sellout, even for UTEP.

Hey Butch, Dooley, Kiffin, Hamilton, Hart, and Curry, I have something for you...🖕🏽.

I feel you. I have to drive 8 1/2 hrs. A trip to go to Neyland for my 4 is close to 1k + and that’s for nosebleed seats. That’s why I hardly go. Hoping to go to the Kentucky game this year, just don’t know if it’s feasible.
I’m driving down from Louisville KY tomorrow morning for the first game I’ve been to since the 2015 Oklahoma game. That one was the most exciting 85% of a game I’ve been to, then totally sucked. Has taken me a couple of years to feel like putting in the time and money to attend again. But I’m bringing my 12 year old to her first game. Been feeling more upbeat as the week has gone on. Getting excited!!

I’m driving down from Louisville KY tomorrow morning for the first game I’ve been to since the 2015 Oklahoma game. That one was the most exciting 85% of a game I’ve been to, then totally sucked. Has taken me a couple of years to feel like putting in the time and money to attend again. But I’m bringing my 12 year old to her first game. Been feeling more upbeat as the week has gone on. Getting excited!!

I was at that game. I could feel my ear drums vibrating. I still had trouble fully hearing the next morning. That game was rocking, but the end result sucked.

No doubt.

I can either spend $300 on two lower level tickets, another $40 to park, another $30ish to eat or I can stay at home, buy $50 worth of stuff to grill and drink and have the comfort of my own couch. Easy decision for me.
Been saying this for 20 years. Everything is going up but the pay. And with that the "common folk" have to cut things off we would love to do because of stuff like mandatory car insurance now, rent skyrocketing, food, gas, movies you name it, it has most likely gotten more expensive. Backwoods offgrid living is looking more and more to be the way to go year to year. That's my rant, sorry.

This week I'm going:

Oregon +2 vs Stanford
Bama vs A&M over 61
Kentucky +9.5 vs Miss St
TCU -3 @ Texas

Been saying this for 20 years. Everything is going up but the pay. And with that the "common folk" have to cut things off we would love to do because of stuff like mandatory car insurance now, rent skyrocketing, food, gas, movies you name it, it has most likely gotten more expensive. Backwoods offgrid living is looking more and more to be the way to go year to year. That's my rant, sorry.
Why isn't your pay going up?

Reactions: crazyguy
Idc about last years record or BVS bs. Tomorrow is a huge game - big implications for both teams going forward - recruiting wise, season wise, etc.

If the stadium has a lot of empty seats tomorrow, then our claim to the “best fan base in America” is undeserving. Idgaf if we blocked a coaching hire or not.

If you have the opportunity to go to the stadium but you don’t because of “bvs” or you’re in a “wait and see mode”, then you suck and imo you’re a ****** bandwagon fan.

I’m 5 hours away and have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow. If I wasn’t, you bet your ass me and my three kids would be there supporting.

As fans, there isn’t much we can do to “help” our team. Showing up and rocking out, especially when the organization is pleading for you to, is where we make our biggest impact. Do your part if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back