Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to convince myself the death penalty from the NCAA wouldn’t be better than this. Completely resetting the program and starting over may not be the worst. We would suck for another 10 years, sure, but we would know it beforehand and keep the hope at bay.

I’m just exhausted at the perpetual disappointment every year.

I'm tired of seeing 2 or 3 guys trying to tackle the ball carrier up around the arms. That play with 2 of our defenders arm tackling and Alontae trying to rip the ball out, only to have the runner get clear of them all for more yardage. Absolute garbage. I want turnovers, but hell, learn how to tackle first.

For once, I'd love to see a Tenn team surprise me with a great season. You see college teams do it all the time. And yet its impossible for this program. They can't even meet mediocre expectations. The culture is so toxic. They expect to lose and that starts at the top.

Its bizarre really. Tennessee went from being an elite program to being totally inept with 15 years.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I am still pretty floored to be honest.

I mean I expected a new HC, new OC, new DC (first time calling plays too) and a ton of new faces playing to have some growing pains....but at some point you just expect the more talented team to take over. It didn't though and it was hard to sit through. Just hope the growing pains of this season (which I think will be worse than last year) will be worth it and we'll see them turn the corner, sooner rather than later. Tired of the constant change, I'd take a damn FCS staff if it meant the same people were here for 2 or 3 seasons with no turnover/firings.

I can't imagine anybody feels good about spending unprecedented millions for this. We need to beat BYU.
We're playing the rest of the season regardless. I have no choice but to pray this embarrassed the players and the coaches to the point they do better out of pure shame.

Of course I felt that would happen in the 2nd half... But still, no other choice.

To be fair, there is nothing that he says that makes anyone feel better. Just isn’t.

He’s playing a whole new DL, a freshman LB, and a freshman CB. I don’t know enough about scheme to know about a formation causing problems.

We know Pruitt schematically knows the game. That hasn’t changed. You just hope he can get these players to improve.

Not to be disagreeable, but does he know as much as we think? He had the king of defenses in his ear when needed for a lot of his success. He had superior athletes at FSU and UGA to work with. Look at his D's from the end of last season into this game. Mizzou is one thing, their O scheme is strong. But when you get out schemed on D by a Vandy O and now a Georgia State O - big red warning flags are flapping.

Add in the technique issues of the front 7 on D. None of them could shed blocks. They stayed engaged and just shoved the blocker until the ball carrier was beside or past them, then reach out and try to arm tackle. His D was base nickel much of the game. That's sad to me because I watched both Marietta and St. Joe's HS D's run more sophisticated schemes with run and pass blitzes last night. Are they that dumb as players or are the coaches that demanding of perfection that they over control?

Don't know, don't care. They lost to Georgia State. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back