Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Overrated as a recruit yes but by Tennessee people no. I’m talking more of people acted like they were a lot better than they actually were while here. I think over hyped would be the better term.

Most overhyped:
AJ Johnson
Kirkland JR
Justin Martin (breakerboy lol)
Casey clausen*** (i know i know Road warrior and ice man but we won Some games in spite of him bc of a loaded roster. He’s our Trent dilfer so to speak)

Under appreciated:
Dobbs
Meachem
Cordarelle Patterson
Jason Allen
Dan Williams

I think everybody realizes Dobbs is the main reason lyle ever had a winning season here.

Dobbs was a great athlete playing QB. Could not throw the football with any consistency.

Would hit a bomb, then ground an out pattern.

Reactions: Rishvol
Dobbs was a great athlete playing QB. Could not throw the football with any consistency.

Would hit a bomb, then ground an out pattern.
And still carry the team on his shoulders. Wasn't perfect. But very underrated. Oh what this staff could have done with that 2016 roster.

Top 5 QBs (imo) at UT

Peyton, Clausen, Dobbs, Tee, Shuler

I know there's lots of love for Kelly, but I just personally can't rate a QB high when you threw more INTs than TDs in your career.

I feel sorry for Tee Martin honestly that man won a championship for the university and still gets no love lol Peyton’s roster or not peyton couldn’t do it himself..He never beat Florida lost to Memphis and never won a natty👀 One of the best all time Qb’s to attend the University..YES! But Number 1 overall?..No🤷🏽‍♂️ I’m definitely prepared to get flamed into banned dispensary🔥😂😂👏🏽

Here’s a little thought experiment: rank, in order, what you think the top 5 most likely win/loss records for the Vols are this year:

1) 7-5
2) 6-6
3) 8-4
4) 5-7
5) 9-3

1) 7-5
3) 8-4
2) 6-6
5) 9-3
4) 5-7

I don't foresee anything but a nightmare scenario of injuries, hookers, and mountains of blow in the locker room where we go 5-7. Much more likely we take care of binness and end up 9-3 IMO.

I feel sorry for Tee Martin honestly that man won a championship for the university and still gets no love lol Peyton’s roster or not peyton couldn’t do it himself..He never beat Florida lost to Memphis and never won a natty👀 One of the best all time Qb’s to attend the University..YES! But Number 1 overall?..No🤷🏽‍♂️ I’m definitely prepared to get flamed into banned dispensary🔥😂😂👏🏽

1997 defense was not as good as 1998 defense. Peyton with 1998 defense wins championship going away. 98 defense was just elite. Teams win championships, not one individual

Things I want to see against GA. State.

1. Clean game and No turnovers
  2. Starters taking care of business
  3. Shrout getting plenty of playing time.
  4. Freshmen balling out. Roman Harrison, Crouch, To'oto'o, Burrell.
  5. No Injuries.

I want to see JG go over 300yds passing and make it look easy. Boat race 'em.

1997 defense was not as good as 1998 defense. Peyton with 1998 defense wins championship going away. 98 defense was just elite. Teams win championships, not one individual
Rewatching the 98 SEC championship game right now. Wilson just had the pick 6.. called back but still was beautiful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back