Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobbs is the best player in UT history because of what he did while playing for the worst coach in SEC history. He, like few players, overcame butch and clearly kept that sorry SOB’s tenure going a couple years longer than it would have or should have.
So it's Dobbs fault that we are where we are today?

The most amazingly kind and wonderful young lady lost her life earlier today, way younger than anyone should.
I've spent most of the day consoling and just being with my kids. Knowing that someone I love dearly is going to do what no parent should ever have to. Say goodbye to their child. Naturally struggling with "why", we all are, and unable to even imagine their pain.

So unexpected on what started out as such a beautiful day.
To all the parents reading, hug them again. Tell them you love them, again. It will never be too much.

Don't know what happened but prayers for this situation.

Agree. Put him on some early 2000s teams or hell even some of Ainges teams and we have a couple SEC titles and maybe a natty.
This is one time that I agree with you, Dobbs would have been a Heisman winner at a top 5-10 school with real coaches, or with some of our better teams.

I also sort of agree with your Clausen take.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The most amazingly kind and wonderful young lady lost her life earlier today, way younger than anyone should.
I've spent most of the day consoling and just being with my kids. Knowing that someone I love dearly is going to do what no parent should ever have to. Say goodbye to their child. Naturally struggling with "why", we all are, and unable to even imagine their pain.

So unexpected on what started out as such a beautiful day.
To all the parents reading, hug them again. Tell them you love them, again. It will never be too much.
Greatest fear as a parent. It can weigh someone down so any and all help is needed. I pray for your strength to guide them through a difficult time that most of us cannot properly imagine.

And to think we gave this kid more hell than any other player on the team that wasn’t putting in half as much effort as Colton was into the football team and he Wasn’t even highly recruited either 👀🤷🏽‍♂️

I mean honestly it was a bad communication by the WR and QB had that ball been thrown properly Jumper would have been out of position and that WR would have gained a lot of yards.

But maybe he was the reason the WR wasn’t where he was supposed to be. Who knows.... 🤷🏻‍♂️ Either way he Pick 6’d it and helped his team win.

That’s a MLB record for the Dodgers, 22 dingers in a 5 game stretch.
I was there Friday night...it was great. Saturday and yesterday, not so much.

I give big Kudos to Snitker on yanking Acuna yesterday. Good move, got to make sure every player knows he's not above hustling on every play.

I don’t think 10 years from now anyone will claim josh Malone deserves to be in the elite WR group at Tenn and his WR stats absolutely destroy CPs
Absolutely destroys CP stats is a bit of a hyperbole there.

CP was absolutely electric whenever the balls in his hands. He could have been more well rounded but that's not what he was tasked to do. Teams had to game plan around him.

Idk why a WR runs are overlooked when people dont overlook RBs catches out of the backfield. It was clear to see Alvin Kamaras talent but he wasnt a 3 down back at tennessee (yes AK was held back by a horrible coach)

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
I went a little over on the fat and under on the carb goal. Broke fast at 5 with a protein shake so yes it did fit

Woah! My metabolism is so slow - If I ate that many carbs I'd look like the Goodyear Blimp and be a full blown diabetic (it runs in our family - I avoid starch carbs as much as possible)!

Absolutely destroys CP stats is a bit of a hyperbole there.

CP was absolutely electric whenever the balls in his hands. He could have been more well rounded but that's not what he was tasked to do. Teams had to game plan around him.

Idk why a WR runs are overlooked when people dont overlook RBs catches out of the backfield. It was clear to see Alvin Kamaras talent but he wasnt a 3 down back at tennessee (yes AK was held back by a horrible coach)

Yes he was electric with the ball in his hands
But many times that was as a runner or returner. Only 5 TDS as a pass catcher compared to 11 for Malone so yea he blows his Pass catching stats away

CP’s first touchdown came on a play where he ran the wrong route.

I feel it was a factor that later in the season we started handing him the ball out of the backfield more and more because he so consistently ran the wrong route or didn’t know what he was doing it was easier to just hand it to him like Forest Gump and tell him “RUN!”

🤷‍♂️

Reason behind going from 9-3 to 7-5 if we don’t catch any breaks (See Ga game last year) then 7-5 would be more likely than 8-4

Although, I would be more inclined to go 10-2 more so then 9-3. Why? Because Florida is trending into the win column along with MState. I’m not confident in there defense seeing how much they lost and who they are replacing them with.

To me. Alabama is our only for sure loss this season.

Historically our games against Georgia has always been close & again see last year if we have a couple of balls go our way we are looking at a close game.

CP’s first touchdown came on a play where he ran the wrong route.

I feel it was a factor that later in the season we started handing him the ball out of the backfield more and more because he so consistently ran the wrong route or didn’t know what he was doing it was easier to just hand it to him like Forest Gump and tell him “RUN!”

To me, the Florida and Bama game took him out of the “great” status. He’s not in my top 10 as a receiver but as a all purpose player he is.

My thing on CP is he never gets grouped in with any of the great WRs that played here when people talk of all time teams and best ever etc. just bc he played for one year and was on a crappy team. Not saying people don’t think he’s good or whatever but you could honestly make the case he is the most explosive player to ever play here.
I’d agree with his status as an all time player no doubt. Just one year, but no one doubts what he would have done with three years. He would have been a CFB household name for years

Reactions: Smokeytom
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back