Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you have done it right

I don’t wade too deep into Indian films. Irish is another one that is pretty good. I got into some Indian music the other night. This series is really good

I'd give that girl in the blue dress a US citizenship 👀

Yea that same team we spent the entire fall camp talking about how kongbo looked like a beast.

Hell that DL had Kongbo, barnett, Tuttle, Lewis, verreen, Phillips, McKenzie, taylor, Vickers. It was loaded with talent and size.

Its crazy how quickly posters forget.
You’re a VN science guy for sure. That “we” thing. Kongbo bulked up his junior year and had to lose it to play for Pruitt last season. Vereen had some get up to him but SIZE was not a thing in that defense...we veered light. Lewis has carved out a career in the NFL but he made few plays at UT...just kept working hard to contribute. Kyle Phillips would have been great from start to finish in this defense but he struggled to find a fit and weight for the predecessor. Vickers arrived at 240 and was productive by the time his eligibility ended. Just blurting out same old same old fits your agenda...not reality. Lawson was excellent at getting his players ripped and tireless...big teams ALWAYS shoved them the other direction.

Yea that same team we spent the entire fall camp talking about how that crew led by the kongbo talk looked like beast.

Hell that DL had Kongbo, barnett, Tuttle, Lewis, verreen, Phillips, McKenzie, taylor, Vickers. It was loaded with talent and size.

Its crazy how quickly posters forget.
Well hopefully the coaching staff is what will make this different

You’re a VN science guy for sure. That “we” thing. Kongbo bulked up his junior year and had to lose it to play for Pruitt last season. Vereen had some get up to him but SIZE was not a thing in that defense...we veered light. Lewis has carved out a career in the NFL but he made few plays at UT...just kept working hard to contribute. Kyle Phillips would have been great from start to finish in this defense but he struggled to find a fit and weight for the predecessor. Vickers arrived at 240 and was productive by the time his eligibility ended. Just blurting out same old same old fits your agenda...not reality. Lawson was excellent at getting his players ripped and tireless...big teams ALWAYS shoved them the other direction.

lol. Sorry your mind isn’t good enough to recall all the “look at that beast”
Post about kongbo that first year he was here. This board salivated over him.

Too bad we only had just started to see his worth before the injury. Would have loved to have seen him under Pruitt for multiple years

Too bad we only had just started to see his worth before the injury. Would have loved to have seen him under Pruitt for multiple years
Pruitt himself remarked on both the unfortunate size of our team when he arrived and the impressive change in body structure this fall.
If you remember it differently, kudos.

Nice to see you haven't changed though.

Hoping this year that perception finally becomes reality. I read all these post about how we finally have guys that look the part and can’t help but remember seeing these same kind of post every single year over the last decade or so in this forum. Maybe just maybe this is finally the year where these post turn out to be reality

It’s the blind hope of every year. So some guys finally look bigger? Good, now they’re closer to SEC size. Let’s also hope they have SEC speed, strength, and talent because we’ve been missing that too.

“Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” is often stated by season’s ends. I hope it isn’t this year.

Kongbo...yeah. He was cut. You’re applying that to the whole team...and conjuring exploits. No way to know just how much talent on both sides of the roster was misevaluated...or the scale of how badly they were developed. But at no point did we have a roster with these physical dimensions. So get back to recalling fiction with that badazz great mind of yours! 😎

I am very sad to report that the damage to my cousin's brain is too severe for him to wake up. We could keep him alive indefinitely if we give him a permanent breathing tube and feeding tube but have decided him to make him comfortable and to let nature take its course. My family is very appreciative of the thoughts, prayers and well wishes that we have received from all of you. Thank you.

Sports betting at Cherokee coming soon...just legalized.

Not that I even bet sports and could much more easily bet on Bovada if I did, it is pretty interesting. If I was there playing poker, it'd be fun to throw a chip down on a game just to make it more interesting (non-UT...I'll NEVER bet a UT game).

I am very sad to report that the damage to my cousin's brain is too severe for him to wake up. We could keep him alive indefinitely if we give him a permanent breathing tube and feeding tube but have decided him to make him comfortable and to let nature take its course. My family is very appreciative of the thoughts, prayers and well wishes that we have received from all of you. Thank you.
May the Lord wrap you and yours in peace. Sorry to hear this.

I'm so sorry DV, no words are good enough. Lean on us if needed my friend.

Imo that group had plenty of size and talent. Just short on development. I’ll take my chances with a group just like that one with this staff
Never size. That 4-2-5 just didn’t subscribe. Wanted mobile and fast. The premier star, Barnett was in his ideal system (he’s a 4-3 DE all the way) but the rest were running and bouncing off bigger opponents when we played the big boys.

🙏

Sorry for you and all of your family for this loss. My heart goes out to you all.

Can we move this to its own thread. Frankly it deserves it's own thread. I am very sorry to hear this news and my prayers are with your family. These types of life events deserve their own threads. My goodness we create threads for athlete or just anything these days . Volnation can surely express our sympathy annd prayers through a dedicated thread. You have volnations support!!!!! May the good Lord be with yall

May the Lord above heal yours hearts and fill them with happiness. We will all pray for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back