Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"i will give my all for Tennessee...........as long as i'm employd here"

and there's nothing wrong with that.

i don't have any problem with people questioning why he would say it that way though. i don't have a good explanation for even brining it up again at this point....i'll go so far as to say that there were a million better ways to answer that question.

i'm not naive. but i'm not going to get bent about it either....

Look, I'm all for honesty and everything and I'm far from a hot take, controversial poster but there was like zero tact there.
That was straight up "does this dress make me look fat?"

"It's either that or the size of your butt" kind of honesty.
For sure. I understand it’s a business and it’s about money. Unless you’re Scott Frost at Nebraska you have no loyalty to the school. But, to come out and say it straight up like that is dumb and a slap in the face to the fans tbh

Reactions: BucVol98
For sure. I understand it’s a business and it’s about money. Unless you’re Scott Frost at Nebraska you have no loyalty to the school. But, to come out and say it straight up like that is dumb and a slap in the face to the fans tbh

He stayed because he also loves this place. He was torn. Far from all about the buyout

Reactions: OrangenSC
There will be words said next season, when our basketball team hits a rough spot.
Yep - the whole point is that, after all of this, the leash keeps getting shorter and shorter.

He had all the goodwill in the world from this fanbase. He could’ve rode first round exits all the way to retirement.

That’s not the case anymore.

Last edited:
That’s all fine. But you better believe people would be pissed if Pruitt said the only reason he didn’t go to, say, Auburn, is because they didn’t want to pay all of his buyout.

It's sort of funny that you mention Auburn because I've been thinking if we win 8 games this year and Gus get's fired I think there could be a good possibility that's where Pruitt ends up next year. I mean I'd hate to lose him at this point for sure but I haven't really seen or heard anything that suggests to me he wouldn't bolt for what he might perceive as a better gig. jmo.

“Hey five star player, I don’t really want to be at TN, I’d rather be at UCLA, but dang it, they didn’t pay my buyout. You should totally want to come to TN tho rather than a school like UCLA or another blue blood. Why? Idk really cause I don’t want to be here either haha! But hey, I am here, so you should come play for me. Unless, you know, another blue blood program comes next year and will pay my buyout. In that case I’m out. But, that may or may not happen 🤷‍♂️. But you should totally come to TN” -Rick Barnes

Dude the 5 star players are coming for development to get to the NBA. They are not fans of TN either. All business decisions

It's sort of funny that you mention Auburn because I've been thinking if we win 8 games this year and Gus get's fired I think there could be a good possibility that's where Pruitt ends up next year. I mean I'd hate to lose him at this point for sure but I haven't really seen or heard anything that suggests to me he wouldn't bolt for what he might perceive as a better gig. jmo.
prime timing to bring that scenario up....lol.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Lol at AU being a better gig

Yep. I’d watch FSU and LSU too if they make quick moves on their coaches.

Dude the 5 star players are coming for development to get to the NBA. They are not fans of TN either. All business decisions
yeah, the fandom comes after they're gone. not before. and we've seen plenty of tennesse fans play elsewhere just fine.

Reactions: drvenner
Dumbest post of the day

You woulda been madder if he left and we didn’t bring back Bruce though. Right? I agree expectations increase but isn’t that what we also want. I want high expectations. Shoot if Barnes was a hired gun but got us to tournaments every year and sweet 16 half the time and one final 4. He’s a legend here. Don’t care if he wanted to leave. If he succeeds this place will love him and if he fails this place will turn. He increased his own expectations

Not if they think Barnes is out of someone pays that buyout they won’t
the issue of a coach still being at a school is always on the table. if it wasn't this, maybe it's when he retires.
it's a percepiton thing. period. just depends on how one wants to look at it.

just like in this discussion we're having now.......you and i see things differently. there will be recruits that do the same.

You woulda been madder if he left and we didn’t bring back Bruce though. Right? I agree expectations increase but isn’t that what we also want. I want high expectations. Shoot if Barnes was a hired gun but got us to tournaments every year and sweet 16 half the time and one final 4. He’s a legend here. Don’t care if he wanted to leave. If he succeeds this place will love him and if he fails this place will turn. He increased his own expectations
I loved him. Now I’m meh on him and wish we had Bruce back. He loved it here. Barnes openly told us and the recruits today that he didn’t want to be here. That’s insulting

Seriously, I don’t want him. All that means is that if someone else comes and does offer to pay the buyout next year, he’ll be gone. What does that say to recruits? I wish he would’ve left
Same, it seems like he's showing UT a lot of disrespect considering I feel like he wasn't a very hot commodity when we hired him after his FIRING, I don't care if he's telling the truth, the correct thing to do in this situation is to LIE, if he keeps this up he will lose the fan-base and recruiting will take a huge dip.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Same, it seems like he's showing UT a lot of disrespect considering I feel like he wasn't a very hot commodity when we hired him after his FIRING, I don't care if he's telling the truth, the correct thing to do in this situation is to LIE, if he keeps this up he will lose the fan-base and recruiting will take a huge dip.
No doubt. This is easy. Coach worshippers in here I guess. Guy straight told us he’d rather be somewhere else. If that doesn’t bother you I don’t know what he could say that would

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back