Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed like the disorderly conduct was him cursing at the officers. Not him actually making a disturbance. So again what caused the officers to approach him? Other than the verbal abuse?
They were attempting to arrest another individual that he was walking towards, asked him to step back, he refused, began cursing, then punched a cop and knocked his radio out of his hand.

Eff him.

LSU getting their chant on...in the 1st half...vs Yale.. at least act like you've been there. It's a 3 v 14, you're expected to stomp them.

Reactions: UTSuave’
No chance. All sub 5 second times sound terrible but that's because they are being compared to NFL athletes. That's still a blazing fast time for 99% of humans.

This. I've seen one guy who was sub 4.5 in my entire life in person, I clocked him at 4.33. He was mid/late 20s at the time, and he told me he had D1 offers for ball, but messed it up.

At the time I didn't think anything about it or even believe him to be honest. Got a little older and decided to investigate and sure enough I found him. He had played at Oak Ridge and had a couple dozen offers from D1 schools even saw a SEC school or two. He tore an ACL his Junior season in the playoffs, missed the bulk of his senior year. Still had some smaller school offers, but while rehabbing got hooked on pain pills and then didn't even graduate.

He was 5'10" or so and a solid 200lbs. He said in HS he was clocked in the 4.2s (obviously that was hand timed so who knows how accurate). I explain all that to say he was ungodly fast, we'd have games in the front yard and all sorts of HS players etc. would show up, guys who were actually good players too. Smoked 'em all, we had to outlaw hand-offs just to prevent him from getting the ball too easily. Used to just hand him the ball and he'd run to the corner and scorch everyone.

Um, keep telling yourself that.

Strategic bracket picking can at least create a margin for profit in various pooI sizes and versus various pool opponents. I know of no lottery "strategy" that could ever create added value. There's a reason data analysts spend time on march madness, but not a single serious one cares about lotteries.

Today is an SEC official holiday - "Arrest a football player day" ?

Mississippi State offensive lineman Tommy Champion arrested by campus police

Bulldog football player arrested | Athens Sports Radio 960 The Ref | www.960theref.com

and of course our very own

Tennessee football player Kenneth George Jr. arrested in Miami Beach

So unfortunately I don't have any experience with arrests but I don't understand being charged with resisting with violence and resisting without violence at the same time. That's kind of like either you're pregnant or you're not. Right? Did he or did he not hit you?

Technically, you can be disorderly and resist without actually hitting the officer. In TN, there is just one resisting arrest or evading arrest. If you hit an officer, then you get charged with assault.

This. I've seen one guy who was sub 4.5 in my entire life in person, I clocked him at 4.33. He was mid/late 20s at the time, and he told me he had D1 offers for ball, but messed it up.

At the time I didn't think anything about it or even believe him to be honest. Got a little older and decided to investigate and sure enough I found him. He had played at Oak Ridge and had a couple dozen offers from D1 schools even saw a SEC school or two. He tore an ACL his Junior season in the playoffs, missed the bulk of his senior year. Still had some smaller school offers, but while rehabbing got hooked on pain pills and then didn't even graduate.

He was 5'10" or so and a solid 200lbs. He said in HS he was clocked in the 4.2s (obviously that was hand timed so who knows how accurate). I explain all that to say he was ungodly fast, we'd have games in the front yard and all sorts of HS players etc. would show up, guys who were actually good players too. Smoked 'em all, we had to outlaw hand-offs just to prevent him from getting the ball too easily. Used to just hand him the ball and he'd run to the corner and scorch everyone.
Have you ever ran a 40 side by side and seen the difference between just .3 in time? It’s huge

Strategic bracket picking can at least create a margin for profit in various pooI sizes and versus various pool opponents. I know of no lottery "strategy" that could ever create added value. There's a reason data analysts spend time on march madness, but not a single serious one cares about lotteries.
I was being a good bit facetious. You can data analyze all day long and still not account for some of the crazy upsets. I am sure you can spend a lot of time analyzing and creating these margins, but I prefer to spend my time elsewhere. For the average Joe, there is a good bit of luck involved.

Have you ever ran a 40 side by side and seen the difference between just .3 in time? It’s huge

Oh yeah man, I was flirting with 5.0 when playing....we had a guy that ran 4.9s and it was ridiculous how much faster he was than me, frustrating to. That .2 to .3 was the difference in me playing OL and me being a FB/TE :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back