Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulmer needs to get in Grant's ear and tell him how much of a legend he'll be if he comes back for his senior season. He's already a legend, but he would be elevated to basketball Peyton status if he comes back.

that tells me that most of us know what we're talking about...8-4ish is probably pretty realistic. with swing games against USCe, MO, MSU, and UF moving it up or down from there.

I really, really don't want to lose to Muschamp again. Or Mullen. Or a Lockless Dooley. I want to beat everyone who's run all over us for too many years.

But, yeah, 8-4ish sounds about right.

i honestly think not having DKjr may be addition by subtraction this season. he was not good last year in any of the stuff you mentioned above....

but yeah, getting the young guys up to par is big. and that includes JJP.

I know everyone gasses up S/C program but i think we’ve seen the players that DK and Bituli are. Maybe a little room for improvement but not much.

Chaney will have to run a drastically different offense to really help our OL. He likes a play action passing and vertical route concepts. That doesn’t bode well for our QB or OL
I think he can adapt based upon the different types of offenses he has run at Purdue, Tennessee, Arky and Georgia. We will see, I guess.

Just for the record - all these likes I'm handing out doesn't necessarily mean I agree with the comment; just that I like that the conversation is about football. :)
7GA9.gif

I know everyone gasses up S/C program but i think we’ve seen the players that DK and Bituli are. Maybe a little room for improvement but not much.
i think the injury bug for DK did him in.

bituli has flashed, just not consistent.

i'm not ready to poo poo strength conditioning...that's not something that comes together overnight.

which is why i'm really paying attention to the middle of the roster more than anything. if we're gonna do something this year, it's going to be because the middle has come up to at least the level of some of the returning starters.

we have very few bonafied "stars", so aside from guys like thompson or taylor at CB, i mean who else really is an "all sec" level performer? DT has that ability, if he can be consistent. i think Bituli has it to, but he's gotta find another level.

past that, if we can jsut get most of everyone else up to average/above average and capable of making plays when they're in the game at least, we can be pretty good.

if the middle stays where it's been and they can't be counted on to go rotate and contribute, probably 6 or 7 wins is the celing. if not, then 8 or 9 isn't out of the question.

as per usual, we still have more questions to answer and we're probably one more season away from being able to come in to a year with some already answered questions about the roster.....

I really, really don't want to lose to Muschamp again. Or Mullen. Or a Lockless Dooley. I want to beat everyone who's run all over us for too many years.

But, yeah, 8-4ish sounds about right.
yeah, no arguement here. personally, i want to beat MSU b/c my brother went there, and my sister n law went there. so, i just don't need to hear it from them.

but, all things being equal....Vandy, MO and UK are "musts". USCe is as close to "must" as it can get as well....but i wouldn't freak out if we lost that game either....it's at home, and it's generally a close game regardless. i feel ok about that game as it stands today, in March. :)

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Yea i think Purdue is the outlier based on who was his head coach on QB. The others have more similarities
I am sure he has a philosophy that he will try to stick to, but he has shown he can adapt. You can't really have an "outlier" with a sample size of 4, tbh. Also, what was his philosophy at Arky. Did he run it more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back