Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Message boards from TexAgs to TigerDroppings keep college football weird

This is a really fascinating story about college football message boards. We're not mentioned, but I highly recommend reading it. There's a lot of insight from former CIA Director and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates about how he was secretly on the Texas A&M message board while he was president of the school. And even how he may have gone a bit over board with antagonistic posts and regretted it at least once. There's stories about boards coming together to fund a poster's daughter's surgery like we've seen in here. About NCAA violations and coaches getting fired for strip club visits that broke because of message board rumors. And a little more info about the bama poster from Chattanooga who posted the following message early last year:

DJmh7oDVoAA3Uhx
row tide.:birgits_giggle:

i've seen that post before, but it's still funny as hell.:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Do you listen to Josh Ward's Rocky Talk podcast? He talked to a guy today about turnovers and Pruitt's ability to generate them on all the teams he has been on and he had an intresting answer. Stopping the run effectively, get more leads (making the opponent more of a pass heavy team), and better down and distance situations (3rd and long for example). Here is the story and podcast link:

[Twitter]1022107421878218753[/twitter]

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but that article is really good. Lot's of angles of that discussion that I hadn't really thought about yet. Also a lot of quotes from Pruitt and info about him. Thanks for posting. I think someone else may have posted it the other day too because I recognized a couple quotes but I'm glad you posted again so I could read the whole thing.

7-5.

WVU: L
ETSU: W
UTEP: W
UF: W
@ UGA: L
@ Auburn: L
Alabama: L
@ South Carolina: L
Charlotte: W
Kentucky: W
Missouri: W
@ Vandy: W

We beat UNC in the Gator Bowl.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree they are overrated and I’ve never been high on CDH

But they have a solid qb and good WR and our secondary and pass rush are big question marks

Sills is not a burner. A slower, more physical secondary can cover him. They do have another WR that returns that had a good year.

Their OL is a little bit of a mixed bag. Most have some experience, and it appears their best linemen are at tackle. One tackle is on an NFL prospect list. They appear to be weaker at guard.

You don’t have to believe me or the CFB writers who are telling you they’re gonna have a good offense.

You asked why they’re expected to have a good season and I told you why.

Maybe #theygonlearn?

Most writers don't care to look at the true numbers. Bass brought those. Pretty straight forward. You are right, we don't have to believe them.

7-5.

WVU: L
@ South Carolina: L

We beat UNC in the Gator Bowl.

WVU: W
@ South Carolina: W

My optimistic outlook. I don’t think Pruitt loses 4 straight. There’s just something about him that says he’ll get one of them. I’ll go with SC, but it could be Auburn, but I think he’ll get one. WVU might outscore us, then again, as I’ve said thy aren’t as good as advertised. We have a real shot there imo. Realism says 7-5 but my optimism predicts 9-3

Reactions: 3 people

My optimistic outlook. I don’t think Pruitt loses 4 straight. There’s just something about him that says he’ll get one of them. I’ll go with SC, but it could be Auburn, but I think he’ll get one. WVU might outscore us, then again, as I’ve said thy aren’t as good as advertised. We have a real shot there imo. Realism says 7-5 but my optimism predicts 9-3

it is that time of the year....

the scary part...we all know how brutal the schedule is in the middle, but those 1st 4 games.....i feel like it's a bit of a domino effect.

if you beat WVU, all the sudden, beating UF doesn't seem like it's that out of the question.

and i don't think anyone thinks that UF or WVU beating TN says A THING about how good UF or WVU is, just that we're that bad and should lose.

so, win those 2 games, you're 4-0 headed to Athens, and a bye. 4-1 headed to Auburn.

pucker factor sets in for the Barn as they can't get a break and no longer have what's supposed to be a 2-3 TN team comin to town, but a 4-1, top 25 TN coming to town.

:whistling:

i'm not ready to go there. but could it happen?:snoring:

wake me up when it's over lol.

the scary part...we all know how brutal the schedule is in the middle, but those 1st 4 games.....i feel like it's a bit of a domino effect.

if you beat WVU, all the sudden, beating UF doesn't seem like it's that out of the question.

and i don't think anyone thinks that UF or WVU beating TN says A THING about how good UF or WVU is, just that we're that bad and should lose.

so, win those 2 games, you're 4-0 headed to Athens, and a bye. 4-1 headed to Auburn.

pucker factor sets in for the Barn as they can't get a break and no longer have what's supposed to be a 2-3 TN team comin to town, but a 4-1, top 25 TN coming to town.

I just need the season to get here already

I dunno. This team just isn't that good, and that October stretch will be brutal.

Honestly, the 4-0 in November might even be a stretch. Decent chance we drop one of those last three SEC games. Still think we make a bowl game, though.

We only get 12/13 of these games a year. Don't check out. Win or lose, I am ready to see the Big Orange play again.

We only get 12/13 of these games a year. Don't check out. Win or lose, I am ready to see the Big Orange play again.

oh, i'm far from checked out.

just don't want my heart to talk me in to something that my head is saying "not gonna happen".:)

I just hope the team doesn't go into quit mode after getting brutalized during the meat grinder portion. We should win 6, but I feel like winning 5 is what will really happen...but..

If..IF...we could have something good go our way for once and beat UF and WVU in that first 4 game stretch..oh boy!

I just hope the team doesn't go into quit mode after getting brutalized during the meat grinder portion. We should win 6, but I feel like winning 5 is what will really happen...but..

If..IF...we could have something good go our way for once and beat UF and WVU in that first 4 game stretch..oh boy!

yeah, the middle makes the end a lot harder than it probably should be. those 1st 4 games are important.

would like to think we come out of it 3-1 at minimum.

Beat WV and you've got the momentum vs. Florida. The Auburn game is set up perfect with an off week for UT before and Auburn on their 7th straight game, including match-ups against Washington, LSU, Arkansas and Miss State. At this point, I have as much confidence they will beat Auburn as I do WV and the Gators. I'm more worried about USC simply due to how the schedule falls.

Assuming injuries don't have too much of an effect, a big season rides on the WV and Florida games.

A lot of you guys are tempering your expectations more than you should...IMO. :)

Beat WV and you've got the momentum vs. Florida. The Auburn game is set up perfect with an off week for UT before and Auburn on their 7th straight game, including match-ups against Washington, LSU, Arkansas and Miss State. At this point, I have as much confidence they will beat Auburn as I do WV and the Gators. I'm more worried about USC simply due to how the schedule falls.

Assuming injuries don't have too much of an effect, a big season rides on the WV and Florida games.

A lot of you guys are tempering your expectations more than you should...IMO. :)

it's certainly a path....especially under normal circumstances.

unfortunately it's not normal and my head isn't going to let my heart make the call.

but i do agree, those 1st 4 games are huge as to how the season can play out.

yeah, the middle makes the end a lot harder than it probably should be. those 1st 4 games are important.

would like to think we come out of it 3-1 at minimum.

I would like to think it too..

But I just can't believe it till I see it. Everytime I get to feeling a little more optimistic...I remember 4-8 and my brain starts replaying images from last year, and I just start thinking that is just too big a mess to fix in one year no matter how good the new coaches are, especially while putting in a totally new defense and offense..BVS is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back