Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They put up 43 a game with Grier playing last year

Would have put them at #5 in the country

Okay... but those points came against ECU, Del State, Kansas, and Baylor. Not exactly impressive.

Against VT they scored 24, against TCU they scored 24, Iowa State: 20, KSU: 24. When they played decent teams they didn’t score much at all. Why are points against ECU and Dell State impressive? We scored 41 against GT and 42 against Indiana state. We stunk on offense last year so scoring points against teams like that doesn’t meant they’re this explosive, unstoppable offense

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Okay... but those points came against ECU, Del State, Kansas, and Baylor. Not exactly impressive.

Against VT they scored 24, against TCU they scored 24, Iowa State: 20, KSU: 24. When they played decent teams they didn’t score much at all. Why are points against ECU and Dell State impressive? We scored 41 against GT and 42 against Indiana state. We stunk on offense last year so scoring points against teams like that isn’t exactly impressive

They scored way way less against teams with a pulse on defense

I just hope we are ready to play SEC football week 1. If so watch out mounties.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Exactly my point.

Just adding to your opinion. WVU isn’t very good imo either. They might beat the crap out of us, but I’m not seeing it. We have more talent and the element of surprise. How are they going to game plan for us? Are they watching USC, CSU, and Bama games? Yes, it will be the first game with a totally new O and D but I think we can squeak out a W

Against VT they scored 24, against TCU they scored 24, Iowa State: 20, KSU: 24. When they played decent teams they didn’t score much at all. Why are points against ECU and Dell State impressive? We scored 41 against GT and 42 against Indiana state. We stunk on offense last year so scoring points against teams like that doesn’t meant they’re this explosive, unstoppable offense

Valid points.

Anyone familiar with this Dave Hooker who writes articles about the Vols on various CFB sites (SDS, Gridironnow)? These are the most click-bait, entry-level articles I've read in a long time.

Been around forever. Hack job radio host as well. Fills up the empty spot Mike Griffith left with equal emptiness. Also looks like Napoleon Dynamite’s Granny.

Reactions: 1 person
Just adding to your opinion. WVU isn’t very good imo either. They might beat the crap out of us, but I’m not seeing it. We have more talent and the element of surprise. How are they going to game plan for us? Are they watching USC, CSU, and Bama games? Yes, it will be the first game with a totally new O and D but I think we can squeak out a W

If we’re ready to play we can beat them. If the team that played last year shows up then yeah we’ll get blown out. I doubt that will happen tho

If we’re ready to play we can beat them. If the team that played last year shows up then yeah we’ll get blown out. I doubt that will happen tho

That is what I'm thinking. We better hope our game plan works and guys are in the right spots right out of the gate.

That is what I'm thinking. We better hope our game plan works and guys are in the right spots right out of the gate.

Also not taking into account Pruitt’s first year mistakes. That will happen also. UGA with all that talent went 7-5 in Smarts first year. Maybe that won’t happen to Pruitt. But maybe it will

Anyone familiar with this Dave Hooker who writes articles about the Vols on various CFB sites (SDS, Gridironnow)? These are the most click-bait, entry-level articles I've read in a long time.

He used to write for GoVolsXtra on the News Sentinel site. Before I knew what Volnation was I used to post exclusively on that. Talk about a Wild West... but like a lame Wild West where it was more like a pillow fight between skinny-leg Peyton’s.

According to Chatt’s analysis, the have a very big secondary.

Looks like all their Corners & Safteys are 6’0”+ and 190 - 210 lbs

We need to make this game boring as hell. Long drives on O, use the clock, bend but don’t break on D. The last thing we want to do is make this a shoot out.

Reactions: 3 people
We need to make this game boring as hell. Long drives on O, use the clock, bend but don’t break on D. The last thing we want to do is make this a shoot out.

I’m sure coach will dial up some special blitz packages to help us with the pass rush. We need to hit Grier early and often. He needs to be scared to drop back

Also not taking into account Pruitt’s first year mistakes. That will happen also. UGA with all that talent went 7-5 in Smarts first year. Maybe that won’t happen to Pruitt. But maybe it will

Not arguing at all with you Bass, but this is a far hungrier team than Georgia post-Richt. They had enjoyed some recent success before Smart and I recall reading the veterans on that team didn't completely buy in as Richt was their guy. You will be hard pressed to find anyone on UT or in the program that will say Butch is their guy.

Anyway, I'm sure Pruitt will have his own growing pains but I see a big difference in the two situations. This team is starving for success.

Reactions: 1 person
Not arguing at all with you Bass, but this is a far hungrier team than Georgia post-Richt. They had enjoyed some recent success before Smart and I recall reading the veterans on that team didn't completely buy in as Richt was their guy. You will be hard pressed to find anyone on UT or in the program that will say Butch is their guy.

Anyway, I'm sure Pruitt will have his own growing pains but I see a big difference in the two situations. This team is starving for success.

I hope you’re right

You don’t have to believe me or the CFB writers who are telling you they’re gonna have a good offense.

You asked why they’re expected to have a good season and I told you why.

Maybe #theygonlearn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back