Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn on this. What I'm afraid is if they make the tournament with Holly at the helm, is that enough of an excuse to keep her around for another year? Being the only team to have never missed the tournament is a huge deal in my eyes. But if that's what it takes to insure Holly doesn't return, I'm starting to feel like it will be worth it.

I understand this...I just can't hope we don't make the tournament, though. I just can't.

I do hope she steps away - if not, I hope ADF is watching and listening.

@BigOrangeFanatic Love your optimistic posts.

Would you mind updating the avi? Can't stand seeing reminders of CBJ...!

Lol. I've had this avi for a long time, not too long in to the Butch era. It was a shot at our dumb head coach and remains that way. I didnt like his corny sayings from the very beginning. I'll see what I can come up with.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Any news today on Jay?
6kVL.gif

The schedule sets up 8 potential wins next year: four OOC wins and four lower-tier SEC wins (Mizzou, SCAR, Vandy and UK). In that scenario, we still lose to all of our rivals and both SECW teams, but we get four beatable SECE teams late in the season, with a chance to finish strong. That should put us at #3 in the SECE, which would be meaningful progress. Just getting to a bowl game isn't good enough, IMO. We should've made a bowl this year, so resetting expectations downward isn't the way to push forward.

The coaches are aggressive in their demands and expectations; fans should be, too. Our players will be older and better conditioned, with talented FR who can contribute. Given the schedule and our roster vs. other SECE teams, I think 8-4 is reasonable, with 7-5 as the floor.

7-8 wins is definitely reasonable. I would consider MS State on par or interchangeable with the other teams you mention as wins with regards to Mizzou, SCAR, Vandy, and UK. I'd say Vegas will have our win total at 7.5 for the season. But in true TN fashion-- we probably will win one game that we shouldn't and lose two that we should of won. I just do not think we'll lose to Ms State. I believe it's reasonable to think we can beat FL--I just do not think they are as far ahead of us in roster talent as Bama and GA. If injuries and luck go our way-- 10 wins (including the bowl game) is plausible in my homer state of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back