Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took a quick look at the ESPN top 100 Bball recruits for '19..... We picked up #21 Josiah James, but other than that, who we got? Looks like Penny signed the #1 player and has a couple others in the top 100 along with KY, AL, GA, and FL... I would think with how well we are doing there would be more interest ... full disclosure, I know zip about Bball recruiting! ;)

Pember and Gaines are our other 2 signees

I just don't think many people outside of LA or St. Louis are going to care about the Rams (hell, I don't think most of LA cares, either), and everyone outside of Boston is sick of the Patriots. I think the ratings are going to dip compared to what a Saints/Chiefs Super Bowl could have been, or even one including just one of those teams. My twitter feed more or less confirms this.

*sorry, meant to quote the post with the article that you were responding to, @bignewt

It’s the Super Bowl. I really don’t think it matters much. Sure, some say they won’t watch, but if any of those people gather with others, then the Super Bowl will be on the tv. It’s an American tradition now for most people to do “sonething” for the Super Bowl.

It’s the Super Bowl. I really don’t think it matters much. Sure, some say they won’t watch, but if any of those people gather with others, then the Super Bowl will be on the tv. It’s an American tradition now for most people to do “sonething” for the Super Bowl.

you're probably right, but i saw somewhere that ticket prices are plummeting for the game. i guess i meant enthusiasm for the game will be pretty low.

you're probably right, but i saw somewhere that ticket prices are plummeting for the game. i guess i meant enthusiasm for the game will be pretty low.

Yea, probably so. I think a majority of the tickets are corporate anyway.

I can’t say that I am excited to watch, but we will have people over and the tv will be on.

Just took a quick look at the ESPN top 100 Bball recruits for '19..... We picked up #21 Josiah James, but other than that, who we got? Looks like Penny signed the #1 player and has a couple others in the top 100 along with KY, AL, GA, and FL... I would think with how well we are doing there would be more interest ... full disclosure, I know zip about Bball recruiting! ;)
Our current team is ranked #1 without a single top 100 recruit on the roster. We gonna be fine 👌👌

I just don't think many people outside of LA or St. Louis are going to care about the Rams (hell, I don't think most of LA cares, either), and everyone outside of Boston is sick of the Patriots. I think the ratings are going to dip compared to what a Saints/Chiefs Super Bowl could have been, or even one including just one of those teams. My twitter feed more or less confirms this.

*sorry, meant to quote the post with the article that you were responding to, @bignewt

nope .. the whole world watches the Superbowl

Three commits for 2019 -
#15 Josiah James
#192 Drew Pember
#217 Davonte Gaines

2019 Target List
Tennessee 2019 Basketball Commits

UT is big on #29 Keon Johnson for 2020

Keon Johnson, The Webb School, Shooting Guard
2020 Target List

Penny got Wiseman, (the #1 recruit) and Dandridge (#135) because they played for him at Memphis East High School. DJ Jeffries (#48) is the cousin of the Lawson brothers who went to Memphis and now Kansas(and have two other younger brothers that are still in high school). I guess it doesn't matter how he got them but we'll see if that turns into more wins and losses for the taggers. On paper though, they should have a good team next year.

Not worried about Barnes though. He has proven he can get the most out of the talent he has, and I think he has gotten the program back to a place where there shouldn't be a huge dropoff when the team loses a few players. It also helps that he is starting to get the higher rated recruits like Burns and James.

People will take bathroom and bar breaks during the Super Bowl to avoid missing the commercials. Budweiser is ponying up the Clydesdales, a Dalmation, Bob Dylan and wind power-- all with more rootability than Tom Brady.
I'll be taking a cannabis break the entire game. Doing something else besides watching a fake azz SB.

Our current team is ranked #1 without a single top 100 recruit on the roster. We gonna be fine 👌👌

Yep, definitely fine right now, but don't want to be a flash in the pan--- other SEC teams seem to be loading up on top 100 talent and I want to make sure we stay on top! Especially over Bama-- they look to be picking up several top 100 players and I don't want them getting too good in Bball or any other sport.... not much we can do at this point in football...

Yeah I think I knew they had another location but I haven't been. You know if it is as good as the original? I like Princes just think Pepperfire is better.

I honestly haven’t been to the south location. That’s about 15-20 minutes out of my way when there are other good hot chicken places closer. I live 5 min to the Hattie Bs on the west side of the city, so usually go there. When I lived in East Nashville I used to go to Pepperfire the most. Princes was great but I just hated their process and the place was a dump. I think their chicken was probably best to be honest, but Pepperfire and Hattie Bs weren’t far behind and much easier to get food from so that wins out for me. Bolton’s is another one that’s good but just too far out of the way.

Reactions: bparker
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back