Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the religious school hired Freeze.. :-/
Honestly, probably his best route to get back to head coaching, if you think about. They acknowledge his flaws. He gets redemption. Stays the straight and narrow, and in 2 years maybe back to head coaching P5 football.

Honestly, probably his best route to get back to head coaching, if you think about. They acknowledge his flaws. He gets redemption. Stays the straight and narrow, and in 2 years maybe back to head coaching P5 football.

And LU will let Freeze do whatever he wants from a football side of things. Falwell Sr. always said that he wanted LU to be an athletic program for evangelical Christian kids like Notre Dame was for Catholics and BYU was for Mormons. I guess they are taking a step toward that today.

Oh, Hugh is a pile of sleaze and a fake christian (which makes him perfect for Jerry Falwell U, fwiw). It's just that I can live with his baggage because I'm not interested in marrying him and his sleaziness is something that only really effects his partner and family. With regards to Briarcrest, I think that's a red herring. He was a weirdo there (that much is on the record) but the fact that no one came forward to accuse him of being more than a weirdo speaks volumes. He has money and could've been sued into oblivion if he'd done anything untoward but that didn't happen and to be honest when his fall finally happened I had hoped/expected it would. But there was never any 'there there' with the Briarcrest stuff and if it was ever going to come out that was the time it would've happened.

And I don't think Kendal or even Art facilitated rape (that's actually a crime) but I do believe they covered it up in the sense that they did all they could do to hinder investigations. I don't even think they did it out of malice but much like JoePa they did do it out of a sense of protecting their own asses and just not wanting to deal with what was happening.

I actually agree with you about Briarcrest — that is, I don’t think there is anything egregious there. (But I also understand that he got outed/fired before #metoo really made it fashionable to pile on people for past transgressions, so I am willing to believe that he would have gotten dragged harder for whatever happened there if he was fired in 2018. ) I was just saying that it seemed like most people here that were opposed to Freeze in righteous indignation grounds were upset about the Briarcrest stuff more than the hookers.

Reactions: UTProf
So Enos Bama OC then. If we want Briles better seal deal today to avoid auburn/FSU making a move.

So all these dudes lied about booster involvement when the Liberty job unexpectedly opening along with Sakey push back was the real issue

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Last week when you and I went round and round I said if he graduated from
Juco he would be eligible.

Some background on why I said that. There have been baseball players be at a 4 year school leave at Christmas, play juco baseball in the spring, graduate from the juco and then play the next year at a 4 year.

Thus I said the 4-2-4 rule says if you graduate you can play. Well that's true for a spring sport but there also is a rule saying you have to be gone from the 4 year school a full year before playing. So in order for McBride to play he somehow has to get around that part of the rule

There are waivers for everything andy guess is of his new 4 year school has a good compliance director he might pull off a good waiver and make it
K

This is a guess but I bet he/NCAA compliance at new school argues he's done all the criteria and then aske for year residency to be waived based on the run off rule.

That was a rule in place a few years back that said if a kid was run off/lost his scholarship but was in good academic and social standing they didn't have to sit out. Why the hell that rule isn't srill in place I will never know but I bet it will be used here.

Reactions: Volator
So Enos Bama OC then. If we want Briles better seal deal today to avoid auburn/FSU making a move.

So all these dudes lied about booster involvement when the Liberty job unexpectedly opening along with Sakey push back was the real issue

Not sure FSU is a player for Briles

150CCB31-45E4-490D-9028-58B7CB36475D.jpeg

This is a guess but I bet he/NCAA compliance at new school argues he's done all the criteria and then aske for year residency to be waived based on the run off rule.

That was a rule in place a few years back that said if a kid was run off/lost his scholarship but was in good academic and social standing they didn't have to sit out. Why the hell that rule isn't srill in place I will never know but I bet it will be used here.
You don’t go to Blinn to not play. We’ll see him in 2020.

For all you grandpas who say Briles system won't work in the ole slow poke SEC and history shows that...

I ordered you some

Innovate-or-Die-Travel-Mug-03.jpg

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back