Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure USC fans were skeptical of Clay Helton when he took over. Both he and Tee have very similar resumes at the time Clay was promoted.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the recruiting would be out of the stratosphere if he was head coach.

Butch recruited great but whats more important is can you coach them up. Good recruiting is just one phase of a HC. Not saying Tee can't or can. But we just watched CJ recruit well but couldn't coach them up. We need someone who can and has done both whomever that maybe be.

Gruden isn’t coming. Stop.

Petersen should be called first, just doubt he’s coming either.

I would also call Brohm, but I wonder if that ship has sailed also. He has HC experience but there are questions to his recruiting.

The way we’re being treated right now by the media I’m not sure we’re goinf to get one of these top options. Maybe we do with Phil, who knows? But I see nothing wrong with bringing in one of our own who wants to be here, wants the program to be on top, would have full support of all former players, current players, and fans, and would recruit lights out. Sounds like a good hire to me.

I have hope. Here's why . I think the coaching community knew something was rotten in Knoxville. That's why we had Dooley and Butch . I am unsure how many "no's" we have gotten this time around because nobody knew for sure if we actually even talked to some of the coaches. If it is viewed as righting the ship I could see Petersen, Frost , Brohm or you name it listening to Phil.

Still time to get a better choice than Steele.

When do you judge hires?

Podium?

After 1 year?

After 2 years?

After 3 years?

When they are no longer coach??

If we hire Tee and he wins 3 games next year, I'd say it's starting bad for him. If he wins 5 or 6 he might be doing ok. If after 3 years he has a losing or .500 record against Kentucky and Vanderbilt, the fanbase will be out for his blood. Let's say he has a winning record against Kentucky and Vanderbilt but, he's lost every game to UF, UGA, and bama, the fanbase will want him gone.

If we hire Tee and he wins 3 games next year, I'd say it's starting bad for him. If he wins 5 or 6 he might be doing ok. If after 3 years he has a losing or .500 record against Kentucky and Vanderbilt, the fanbase will be out for his blood. Let's say he has a winning record against Kentucky and Vanderbilt but, he's lost every game to UF, UGA, and bama, the fanbase will want him gone.

So when do you not support a bad hire as you posted?

When do you judge that?

Oh well I think he wants the job and the opportunity and the raise. Dont think he is worried about ruining his legacy here or failing.

So when do you not support a bad hire as you posted?

When do you judge that?

I won't support guys I think can't get it done. Of course it's my opinion and I could be wrong. You do realize that this is a message board where you post your opinions right? What point are you trying to make?

Butch recruited great but whats more important is can you coach them up. Good recruiting is just one phase of a HC. Not saying Tee can't or can. But we just watched CJ recruit well but couldn't coach them up. We need someone who can and has done both whomever that maybe be.

Get good people around him that can..

Look, I'm against and for tee to be the head coach at the same time. One he has no experience but if he brings in the right assistant's and lets them do their job he'll look like a genius. There's an argument for both sides.

Reactions: 1 person
I won't support guys I think can't get it done. Of course it's my opinion and I could be wrong. You do realize that this is a message board where you post your opinions right? What point are you trying to make?

Sure.
Nothing wrong with saying you think they won't get it done. I have done that on plenty of candidates but to refuse to support them before they even coach a game isn't being a true fan. Everyone should at least give the coach a year to show if they can show any promise.

You simply can't judge a coach at the podium. Period.

I believe the Coaching search started over last night. Will be swing for the fences who knows? But if he tries to swing for the fences instead of a "I tried" offer, misses, and then we end up with Tee in perfectly fine with that

Wins are without a doubt, the ultimate goal.
But first, I just want to see someone that makes me go "man, he can coach". Dooley and Jones both won several games on talent alone and several of those games were not impressive wins.

So hard to judge the talent of our current team and how long it will take to turn them around, especially in strength and conditioning. But I can handle losses stimming from those reasons. What I don't want to see is more losses because of stupid game management.

Just bring me someone who can actually coach.

Phil Fulmer's job as AD is to hire the best coach he can get. He needs to get a no from several other coaches before Tee comes into play. Frost, Brohm, Morris, Sumlin, Taggart all should be talked to. JMO

Phil Fulmer's job as AD is to hire the best coach he can get. He needs to get a no from several other coaches before Tee comes into play. Frost, Brohm, Morris, Sumlin, Taggart all should be talked to. JMO

I’m not sure Taggart, Morris, or Sumlin are better than Tee

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back