Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pictures?

The pictures of Bama Dave picking up Butch at the airport (still think that was so amateur...you couldn't hire a driver? The AD has to pick him up in a sedan?) Nobody really wanted to believe the Butch rumors, but then those damn pictures showed up...smh

Last edited:
This is the Mullen debate all over again

Is Les the best possible coach?

If not, can you do better?

If not, then we are in... but try to do better first

Same debate with one exception: pretty much all the coaches better than Miles have already turned us down once, signed elsewhere or extended with their current employer. Debate needs context this time around.

Reactions: 1 person
Only 2 coaches to pick from:
Who you take?

Miles

Kiffin

Kiffin without hesitation. Miles didn't do much at Ok St. Worries me that he simply inherited a good thing and didn't mess it up. Not sure if he can build or win with less talent

Off topic, but Kennesaw State beat Jacksonville State to move onto the FCS quarterfinals in only their third year of existence. They are 12-1 In the year now.

The Miles hate by many is ridiculous. Even worse is the gray hair hate unless the name is Saban. Phil's right about that.

A TeeLes pairing is a home run. Fulmer knows what to do with it. We get the orange blooded Vol leading the program after he is mentored for a time by a really good football coach that players admire and perform at their highest level for in Les. Folks - he has 7 double digit win seasons in 11 years at LSU and has only been out for a little over a year. His worst two seasons were 8-5 in the toughest division in CFB. Most of it without quality QB's and with predictable offenses. Which is what Tee can address Day One.

Barring finding the perfect HC hire - this combo can win and build into what we want.

You always make me feel better

1. Just because someone is mentioned as being talked to doesn't mean they have been hired. Fulmer is hearing out what people that want the job have to say.

2. If you want Tee as HC then you really shouldn't have any issue with a Les/Tee combo.

3. We don't know what is in Les package. Les biggest issue was holding on to Cam cameron too long. A new OC he hand reigns to which he supposedly has learned would be different. Les has the rest of the package from handling boosters, rabid fan base, players and motivational/discipline/media. What if his package is Tee/Steele or Chavis/Austin thomas/Tommy Moffit..... thomas and Moffit alone would be critical to the long term success of this program.

Really is no reason to be so upset if Les comes. Upgrade from the guy we just had and some of the other names remaining at this point. Les and Phil grooming Tee is actually pretty good for Tee imo.

Again may not even be serious so just let it play out.

Reactions: 2 people
Kiffin without hesitation. Miles didn't do much at Ok St. Worries me that he simply inherited a good thing and didn't mess it up. Not sure if he can build or win with less talent

Not exactly a full on rebuild at TN. Plus once it's on your resume it's on there forever. Kids see that part of it. Kids love les regardless of what others may think his resume would sell to the kids it needs to

Anymore Lincoln Riley types out there? He did pretty good first year. Who are the best offensive coordinators in college football right now. I’m leaning going that route rather than experienced HC

As much as I liked the idea of giving an oddball like Leach a shot I like the idea of giving Les a second chance just as much.

Les has done as much and has underperformed no less than Jimbo that A&M just hired for a ridiculous sum. IMO we get a steal with Les.

You guys keep reminding me to remember how he underperformed but I would ask you to remember the talent he coached up. That is what we have been missing. Just give him a good OC.

Lol people are crazy. I think his record is actually better than Jimbo. His “bad” years at LSU were 8-5.

I agree with you. Get him a top notch OC and let’s ride. Imo Phil would need to make sure he is willing to let someone run the offense the way they want to.

If his offenses hadn’t struggled he would be seen differently but the mans record is great.

I think the Saban effect has clouded people’s judgement to the point that if you dip below 10 wins for 2 seasons it’s unacceptable.

Also, people say he rode Sabans coattails and that’s true, but how long does that last? 2 maybe 3 years? He went to the NC game like 7 years after Saban left.

Drinkwitz as OC?

Last edited:
Anymore Lincoln Riley types out there? He did pretty good first year. Who are the best offensive coordinators in college football right now. I’m leaning going that route rather than experienced HC

Kid at USC has the 14th best offense in the nation and is a top 10 recruiter

Reactions: 4 people

If Morris was still at Clemson it would be him. He went to rebuild SMU though. He is the best offensive guy/recruiter I think that would be realistic at this point.

Reactions: 2 people
Please stop with even mentioning Kiffin. It's like you all have forgotten who is the current AD now and who absolutely despises Kiffin

The boosters backing Phil despise him too. It’ll never happen. He could coach for free and they’d say eff off.

8188, I’d like to see you break down the air raid for us and compare it to the Todd Graham Malzahn coaching tree system, another interesting one that’s proliferating.

If it’s Les, we’ll all have to get behind it, but it’s Fulmer’s 2nd day on the job. This is not where I want the beeline going

Surely you must believe we can do better... or should at least TRY to do better before we settle for a guy who cannot get one of over 120 coaching jobs in America.

We should all want more, not Les.

I understand there are concerns about his offense, but you aren’t gonna find a coach with a better record that would even remotely consider coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back