Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Dr Danny White a/k/a the Plumber had put the kibosh on NIL by prohibiting UT coaches from communicating with Spyre about recruits. Talk about hamstringing recruiting. Yet another self-inflicted soy to the nether regions.
Thanks. I missed you when I was taking advantage of the Tate frenzy to fatten my ignore folder.

Last edited:
Athletic director Danny White and his leadership team “conducted a detailed review of the stadium project and identified new strategic priorities aimed at delivering an unparalleled experience for the UT community through impactful and resourceful modifications,” according to Tennessee’s release. The revisions to the original project include a $108 million budget increase, bringing the total Phase I figure to $288 million, which Tennessee says will be “fully funded.” The estimated total project budget in 2017 was $340 million.

Mystery solved! We need state of the art wifi so people can get on the their phones to distract them from the beat down we are taking on the field. Donors giving millions to Spyre? Don’t think so. Not while Danny’s projects need additional funding so people will feel more comfortable while taking a dump at halftime.

Reactions: patrick
Completely random, but if anyone is dead bored OR has kids they're trying to entertain - Erik Dobell of the Impossibilities Interactive Comedy Magic and Mind-Reading show in Gatlinburg is live hosting an event in 10 minutes (4 EST) from Country Roads Axe Co. with some magic, axe throwing, and other activities. There will also be a giveaway for free tickets, good for the whole family. Decent shot at winning those.

This is a Facebook link, but you don't need FB to view the live stream.
(4) Erik Dobell LIVE @ Country Roads Axe Co. |

Reactions: SugarCC
Completely random, but if anyone is dead bored OR has kids they're trying to entertain - Erik Dobell of the Impossibilities Interactive Comedy Magic and Mind-Reading show in Gatlinburg is live hosting an event in 10 minutes (4 EST) from Country Roads Axe Co. with some magic, axe throwing, and other activities. There will also be a giveaway for free tickets, good for the whole family. Decent shot at winning those.

This is a Facebook link, but you don't need FB to view the live stream.
(4) Erik Dobell LIVE @ Country Roads Axe Co. |
There's enough axe throwing in here. 😂

More summer reading. To come with debating I'm sure.

This whole thing started with the Georgia Bulldogs.

In an offseason mailbag 15 years ago, I innocuously referred to Georgia as a “regional power.” This was midway through Mark Richt’s tenure, a decade before Kirby Smart would come in and turn the program into a behemoth. Still, many Bulldogs fans took this as a slight at the time.

The next week, Adam from Philadelphia — a Penn State fan — asked me: “Can you give us rankings of schools and their prestige and place in the national scene?”

So I decided to divide all power conference teams into a four-tiered feudal hierarchy: Kings, Barons, Knights and Peasants. For reasons I don’t understand but immensely appreciate, loyal readers reference my entirely subjective rankings to this day. The list is only partially tied to actual on-field performance. It’s more a measuring stick of which programs’ brands carry the most national cachet.

And because brands tend to be pretty resilient, I’ve held firm about only updating the list once every five years — previously in 2012 and 2017.

It’s 2022. Time for Kings and Barons 4.0.

Note: In his 2007 article we were a King with an asterisk to indicate fringe-King, in 2012 we were a Baron, in 2017 we were a Baron.

Emperors:
Alabama

Kings:
Clemson
Georgia
LSU
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Texas
USC

Barons:
Auburn
Florida
Florida St
Iowa
Miami
Mich St
Nebraska
Oregon
Penn St
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Wisconsin

Knights:
Arizona St
Arkansas
Baylor
BYU
Cal
Georgia Tech
Kansas St
Kentucky
Louisville
Minnesota
Mississippi St
Missouri
North Carolina
NC St
Northwestern
Okla St
Ole Miss
Pitt
SCar
Stanford
TCU
Texas Tech
UCLA
Utah
Va Tech
WVU
Washington

Peasants:
Arizona
BC
Colorado
Duke
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa St
Kansas
Maryland
Ore St
Purdue
Rutgers
Syracuse
Wake
Wash St
Vandy
UVA

Some of the highest voted comments:
If Florida and Penn St are not kings, there is no way Texas and USC are.
I need an explanation behind the Knight ranking for GT
Random observation, but Purdue feels more like a knight than a peasant
Why is Texas A&M a ‘Baron?’ The last time the program won a conference championship was 1998, and the last time they won a national championship was 1939. They have great recruiting, tradition, facilities, etc., but shouldn’t ‘Baron’ status be based at least in part on success at the highest level, which is at least a conference title?

Typically, lots of fans from other fanbases pecking away at our reputation and resume. We better start curb stomping people again. We should have skull drug Purdue. Ready to bury Pitt and start reminding people.

Last edited:
More summer reading. To come with debating I'm sure.

Note: In his 2007 article we were a King with an asterisk to indicate fringe-King, in 2012 we were a Baron, in 2017 we were a Baron.
Kind of surprised that Texas is still listed as a King. I know they still have clout but still.

Athletic director Danny White and his leadership team “conducted a detailed review of the stadium project and identified new strategic priorities aimed at delivering an unparalleled experience for the UT community through impactful and resourceful modifications,” according to Tennessee’s release. The revisions to the original project include a $108 million budget increase, bringing the total Phase I figure to $288 million, which Tennessee says will be “fully funded.” The estimated total project budget in 2017 was $340 million.

Mystery solved! We need state of the art wifi so people can get on the their phones to distract them from the beat down we are taking on the field. Donors giving millions to Spyre? Don’t think so. Not while Danny’s projects need additional funding so people will feel more comfortable while taking a dump at halftime.

Donating to the school is tax deductible while donating to Spyre is not. What would you do with your millions?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Kind of surprised that Texas is still listed as a King. I know they still have clout but still.
His reasoning:
Some will roll their eyes at Texas’ continued inclusion, but if you have the power to orchestrate your own move into a better conference and send the entire sport into chaos, you are in fact a King. Some will roll their eyes at USC’s continued inclusion, but if you can steal away another King’s highly successful head coach, you, too, are a King.

Thanks. I missed you when I was taking advantage of the Tate frenzy to fatten my ignore folder.

Have at it. Prob should have ignored me years ago when I dared say Dooley should have been canned after 2 years and when I criticized the Butch and Pruitt hires. But I don’t know ish I guess.

Reactions: BigOrangeVols
Have at it. Prob should have ignored me years ago when I dared say Dooley should have been canned after 2 years and when I criticized the Butch and Pruitt hires. But I don’t know ish I guess.
That's a solid track record as the Canary in the coal mine of VolNation.

What are your current thoughts on the state of the program? What are your thoughts on Heupel? 2022 season prediction?

What did Danny White do to you? Steal your parking spot at Food City one day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back