Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a really stupid thing to lie about, didn't pick up attn hunting. But we've seen dumber on this board.

I also took him at face value because I come from a long line of kings in Africa, as I recently found out from some distant relatives that contacted me via email. Imagine my consternation!
If they're paying huge interest and dishing palace invites, give them my address.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Has anyone confirmed the new poster’s info? Or is it accepted because of the username? 🤔

I doubt that information is available online…

Everyone can email me will@spyresports.com. I only had one person reach out but they gave me a great idea about memorabilia that we’re looking into trying to put into practice. I’m happy to talk to anyone to confirm who I am.

As far as we know or heard, Nico is the only recruit Spyre has been successful with? Besides current players. I hope they dont start paying big money to 3*. I use to think Tn would have to start winning before the recruits started to jump on board but 8-4 got Tx A&M big time recruits. We will find out at seasons end just how valuable to Tenn recruiting Spyre is going to be

As far as we know or heard, Nico is the only recruit Spyre has been successful with? Besides current players. I hope they dont start paying big money to 3*. I use to think Tn would have to start winning before the recruits started to jump on board but 8-4 got Tx A&M big time recruits. We will find out at seasons end just how valuable to Tenn recruiting Spyre is going to be
AM got that class because they paid an absurd amount of money for it. Even with the Nico deal and Spyre I dont think TN or many schools in general will be spending 30mil on a class.

That’s cool and all but it’s also deja vu of explaining away why the Vols always miss out on elite classes. It’s always some version of our current staff’s “moral” high road philosophy of not making promises, paying players, etc. And turns out that’s usually mainly bullsh*t considering the last staff paid everyone.

It doesn’t bother me that we recruit 10-20th every year. I just want to win games. I also just want all the excuses to go away.

“Won’t pay them”
“Won’t make promises”
“Not our culture”

How about just admitting and accepting that we won’t even have a chance for an elite class until we consistently put a better product on the field. Not that many superstar recruits gonna sign up to go play for a program that hasn’t been good their entire lives.
🎯

That’s cool and all but it’s also deja vu of explaining away why the Vols always miss out on elite classes. It’s always some version of our current staff’s “moral” high road philosophy of not making promises, paying players, etc. And turns out that’s usually mainly bullsh*t considering the last staff paid everyone.

It doesn’t bother me that we recruit 10-20th every year. I just want to win games. I also just want all the excuses to go away.

“Won’t pay them”
“Won’t make promises”
“Not our culture”

How about just admitting and accepting that we won’t even have a chance for an elite class until we consistently put a better product on the field. Not that many superstar recruits gonna sign up to go play for a program that hasn’t been good their entire lives.
Couldn’t of said it better my guy

Reactions: MarcoVol
Kopeka basically just admitted he cannot get it done on the PGAT. Injuries, brainwaves, whatever. He clearly has lost what he once had.

IMO, there will be some sort of compromise on this down the road. The part I agree with the LIV golfers about is with the independent contractor status. As long as you meet minimum playing requirements on either PGA or Euro, it should not matter what you do with the rest of your time. You are not an employee. But I get if the rules require it to remain a member. I just see that being where the compromise comes.

JMO - I don't care for the format with the regular team and three day events. That's exhibition goofy golf. Four days and total dependence on self brings in stress, endurance, physical/mental conditioning, skillset. LIV might as well just let them use carts and drink beer like the average duffer does at the local club. They are going to make big money regardless of how bad they suck. For all the people who claim golfers are not athletes, they just proved your theory. It will not bring elite golf to the mix. It also undercuts the tradition of the game stretching over centuries that many have no clue about. That bugs me.

It matters not to me if FedEx goes along with anything - that's their issue to decide. I'll still accept my packages coming from FedEx. They are a nothing in my world, just like the Saudis and LIV. Don't care. I do care that the PGAT is under attack. Will see if they use it as an opportunity to redefine and improve their product or if they dilute it like the rest of the world.

To each his/her own.

I have always felt that the bold part of your post would be the easiest way to get to a compromise and I think a fair one. Did Kopeka really say that about he cannot get it done on the PGA somewhere? He is a good good golfer but I never really like his demeanor on the golf course especially toward people.

VolNation: “Wow! Things are really going great. Optimism is up. BVS is down. Recruiting is going great in every sport. Baseball team is heading to Omaha and looks like they can’t be stopped. We’re even winning titles in the non-revenue sports. Nothing can stop this train right now!”

Peyton Manning: “I think I’ll try to make it in for a super regional game…”

It's funny how quickly fans on a fan site pivot to it being a failure of our processes and product when a kid ultimately picks the school he's a fan of. It's what fans do guys.

Makes me wonder how far a competitor would go to weaponize social media? Are recruiting budgets in the modern social media era big enough to justify paid provocateurs, akin to Russian trolls on political sites? I wonder. Wouldn't cost much to make a lot of (damaging) noise on the forums and Twitter of your top competitors.

I think more than likely that's already common practice. I read the customer product reviews on retail websites and think, "Oh, that doesn't sound good." Then I remind myself that some of these reviews are absolutely coming from competitors. Paid posting is everywhere on the internet, on any topic that affects money or power. No reason to doubt it's happening in the big money world of cfb.

Reactions: SSVol
Everyone can email me will@spyresports.com. I only had one person reach out but they gave me a great idea about memorabilia that we’re looking into trying to put into practice. I’m happy to talk to anyone to confirm who I am.
Do y’all have plans to advertise and be present at games to put this in front of fans? I am sure the majority of our Fanbase will not even know about this unless it is put in front of them at games or some other method.

Honestly you just need to advertise more, Twitter is great but your main supporters are guys like us on this board, I can almost guarantee half of your members are posters on here.

Your main people that would love to donate to the cause could be reached by better advertisement. Start advertising any and everywhere. On game tickets, on billboards, on stadium walls, anywhere and everywhere.

You have to get those individuals that have the money to do it, and Twitter is full of a lot of kiddos.

Do a Spyre tailgate for the football games, etc. that will get people interested.

Who is Julian Phillips for $100 Alex

Need to Bookmark:

What I took from the podcast was if our recruiting class doesn’t look a lot better by August 5th we need to light some couches on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back