Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this line of thinking is no other coach before him at Bama has done what he has. So he HAS to have played some part.

I’ve said all long this was right coach for the right school at the right time. Probably the best fit in the history of the sport. With any other coach Bama doesn’t win like this and with any other school Saban doesn’t win like this. The Bama part is in real threat to get neutralized. Just like all the other coaches sans maybe Kirby, they have all not even approached what they did at Bama. We are probably about to see how Saban handles it as well.
I disagree that there is any evidence that saban can win without epic levels of uninterrupted cheating. The later years that you cite (and that were also crooked) were possible only by means of years upon years of stacked illegal classes in the beginning. That creates a sort of optical illusion that the later years were earned.

He was the right guy in the right place in the sense that he was able to cheat without limits at bammer due to statewide corruption and lack of institutional control at that NCAA member school, and because he was immune to investigation there and has the birmingham office in his back pocket.

I also think (in addition) that it is harmful to the sport to concede anything to that pompous crooked narcissistic crime figure. The "genius" bit is a farce.

Bammer fans should feel shame and humiliation whenever Saban is mentioned. For their sake, my friend, we shouldn't contribute to their moral corruption and mental degradation by playing along with their pathologies.

If you shot a live electrode at someone who was standing in gasoline vapors, and they burned to death, you'd be charged. If you fired a gun through the wall of your apartment and killed someone, whether you intended to kill them or not, you'd be charged. If you hit someone while driving drunk, you'd be charged.

Stop acting like the officer tripped over a cigarette butt or just gets all clumsy while taking pictures.
You need to follow the conversation better. The post I responded to said "if you or I accidentally burned someone alive we'd be charged with a felony." Then you reply with "if a civilian shot a taser at someone covered in gasoline..." which is a totally different argument than you first made. If you want to have logical discussions, use words that articulate exactly what argument you're trying to make.

And once again, you're oversimplifying. We are not authorized to taser people who are running away from us, so yes, tasting someone in general, regardless of their gasoline saturation status, would get us charged. The cop was following procedure and didn't apply his miniscule brain well enough to avoid catastrophe. What you or I get charged with for tasing someone is totally irrelevant to the conversation.

care bears 🤣
1653359838785-gif.457688

More like:
1653359904646.gif

There is a criminally negligent homicide in TN. The standard is a little higher than a civil negligence case as the state must show that the person should have known the substantial risk. Usually involves the negligent use/storage of a gun that results in death. But a nurse was convicted in Nashville recently for using the wrong meds that killed the patient. It is an E felony and carries 1-6 years.

But, at least for me, these are not really common cases I see everyday.
I'm sure there are exceptions, and you would know better than I. But in general, accidental homicide doesn't result in felony charges.

Reactions: VolGee4
You need to follow the conversation better. The post I responded to said "if you or I accidentally burned someone alive we'd be charged with a felony." Then you reply with "if a civilian shot a taser at someone covered in gasoline..." which is a totally different argument than you first made. If you want to have logical discussions, use words that articulate exactly what argument you're trying to make.

And once again, you're oversimplifying. We are not authorized to taser people who are running away from us, so yes, tasting someone in general, regardless of their gasoline saturation status, would get us charged. The cop was following procedure and didn't apply his miniscule brain well enough to avoid catastrophe. What you or I get charged with for tasing someone is totally irrelevant to the conversation.

The post you responded to pointed out the ridiculousness of making a wheelie on a motorcycle a felony while charging a police officer that burned someone alive by knowingly shooting at them with live electrodes while they were standing in gasoline vapors with a misdemeanor.

I'll stand by that, as well as the discussion as it unfolded.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I'm sure there are exceptions, and you would know better than I. But in general, accidental homicide doesn't result in felony charges.

Just being technical, but any “homicide” other than “justifiable homicide” will get someone charged. But I get what you are referring to-accidental death.

I had to look up Tony Degrate. I also remember Dave Rimington. I think he beat him out for the Outland Trophy.

Edit It was Dean Steinkuhler. I had at least heard of Dave Rimington.
Steinkuhler was a beast. He had one of the thickest necks I have ever seen on a football player. That was back when Nebraska had all of those type of guys on their line.

There’s some of our own fans complain about Jeremy Banks being too physical.

Can’t imagine how’d they react to Eric Berry’s physicality in todays rules.

There's a difference between a violent hit and a late hit that gets you flagged.

Last edited:
The post you responded to pointed out the ridiculousness of making a wheelie on a motorcycle a felony while charging a police officer that burned someone alive by knowingly shooting at them with live electrodes while they were standing in gasoline vapors with a misdemeanor.

I'll stand by that, as well as the discussion as it unfolded.
Just tough to have a logical argument when you use broad language for specific examples but then respond with specifics afterward.

To the point in question though, I guarantee you a large percentage of people do not instantly know without thinking about it first that a taser will ignite gasoline. I think that was evident by the fact that he torched his own buddies. I'm not saying he should get off with zero consequences, but felony for an accident is too harsh.

Comparing the violence cops deal with compared to nurses/doctors is absolutely ridiculous….Hospitals are more of a controlled setting then going to someone’s house not knowing what that person is capable of…

A couple of years ago…. A pastor in Atlanta was protesting police violence…. That police department invited him to come go through training to get an understanding what it was like… At first…. He was cautious deploying his weapon…. By the end of the training… he was running from the simulated bad guy and shooting at everything that moved and even shooting back over his head without even looking where he was shooting…. That pastor gained a whole new perspective for what police were dealing with.
I agree that things could be better but trust me nurses/doctors are not some kind of great de-escalation experts.
There’s a video of this out there. I’ll see what I can find

People act like it's a race issue, but I think it's an issue with law enforcement training and ideology. I saw a lot of police brutality and unnecessary force with college kids, all of whom were white. Not indicting all cops, but there is definitely an issue of a 70 year old crazy man gets shot in his home. There has to be a better way.
Stop being an idiot...???

Hahaha. “Gasoline saturation status”. Love it.

Reactions: jave36
That's not even close to true. If I tripped and knocked a can of gasoline on to someone who was smoking and they burned to death, there would be no charges. It was an accident. If I were backing up to take a picture and knocked someone over a cliff and they died, there would be no felony charges. Accidents happen.
True, but you would have to live with it for ever, regardless the situation and the people involved. It’s a lose lose situation and it sucks for all involved.

Reactions: jave36 and UTProf
That's funny you were taking an unnamed source from someone trying to make Jordan Addison not look money hungry and running with it just this morning. Proof?

Ok let’s look at the context about what we are discussing. So my statement was about someone saying Bama cheating is unrivaled in college football. Now are there ANY reports from 247, ESPN or elsewhere confirming that? Haven’t seen any.

Then I posted an article detailing Addison not being money hungry. Since you wanna chime in, that’s cool. There is an actual report saying he turned down bigger NIL deals. You obviously think he didn’t. So by all means, offer your proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back