Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top 5 most ambitious NIL collectives

1. Spyre Sports (Tennessee)
No collective to date has pushed the envelope more – or been bolder and more ambitious – than this Tennessee-centric collective. These rankings could change as the collectives’ arms race ramps up over the next year. But right now, Spyre is the clear No. 1. As one industry source said, “Spyre is not messing around. They are big spenders and are smart about it.” Spyre is also not shy about publicizing its grand vision, putting figures behind their ambition. In a February story in The Athletic that piqued the interest of all industry stakeholders, Spyre president and co-founder Hunter Baddour said the collective is aiming to generate at least $25 million annually to put into the pockets of student-athletes (or recruits). In an ultra-competitive landscape in the SEC, this could help lure an increasing number of five-star prospects to Knoxville. Baddour didn’t mince words to The Athletic story: “We realized being involved in recruiting was going to be a priority. Then we realized how much money we were going to need to be elite. And we’re shooting to be No. 1.” The state of Tennessee also recently relaxed its state NIL law to create a friendlier landscape for collectives.

It’s strange. There’s a lot of love for Levis right now. Many folks beyond PFF talking him up as one of the top QBs - or the top QB - behind the bammer and the buckeye.

I agree with you. I don’t see it at all.
hes similar to Pickett. Asked to do a lot within the offense. Handles all the checks and protections at the LOS and throws a nice ball.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Darn, I really want him to succeed. He's just one of those guys you pull for. Hopefully fights through it and comes around this season. We need him.

AP

I mean Hooker had a bad spring last year too...

Simmons has changed his body, didn't expect him to really return and have a great spring. But he was able to go through spring and stay healthy that's the bigger win imo.

Stupid fans...

tEnNesSeE iS sOsoSoO fAr bEhiNd oThErs

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, Danny like...

jordan-belfort-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 10-30-24 2023 NFL Mock Draft QBs take top five spots of first round.pngScreenshot 2022-05-03 at 10-30-36 2023 NFL Mock Draft QBs take top five spots of first round.pngScreenshot 2022-05-03 at 10-32-53 2023 NFL Mock Draft QBs take top five spots of first round.png

Is it.. crack?

I think this last class proved teams aren't going to reach for QB's in a weak QB class just for the sake of drafting a QB. I don't see this class being much different, so not sure why they believe these mediocre prospects would go so high. I'd be surprised if Will Andersen doesn't hear his name called at #1 next year.

Edit: Oops, I got beat to the punch. Even still, join the club! Tell friends, family, other fans to join!

This is the biggest advantage that we have had in the CFB landscape in a few decades.

https://www.spyresports.com/volunteer-club-levels

This is going to create a super toxic atmosphere between fan/players when they don’t perform up to their “salary”. Also worry about these players being busted for tax penalties simply be of ignorance.

This is going to create a super toxic atmosphere between fan/players when they don’t perform up to their “salary”. Also worry about these players being busted for tax penalties simply be of ignorance.

I'm not worried about it, I think some of them will benefit from a dose of real world reality.

Then the players better have their acts together and take on an NFL mindset. They aren't amateurs anymore. And ignorance of tax laws usually won't be a solid defense when the IRS comes a callin'.

It's better than the old system where bammer and kirbie have immunity to buy players and everyone pretends that's not exactly how they stack classes. Living that lie was horrible.

Those Arkansas pigs are pi$$ed because they had their future head coach and let him leave for the hills of Tennessee. There's nothing else to it-----just like the poster said----rent free :cool::cool:
How soon were they planning to boot DVH? They didn’t “let” Vitello do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back