Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Roth contribution limit so much lower than tsp?
Compared to a regular TSP? Because a Roth is after tax money so the growth and distributions are tax free. Government has to get their greedy little paws on our money somehow. They don’t want too much money growing tax free.
I contribute to a ROTH TSP and my limit is now 20,500.
So a Roth TSP is closer to a 401k.

Roth is a term used in different levels of investing, the difference here is between a TSP & IRA. And all IRAs are limited to a 6k a year (for 2021) contribution. Last I looked into the "why" it was basically because only employers can offer 401k or TSP and anyone can setup a personal IRA.

Also one reason IRAs have a lower contribution limit is they have a much wider range of stocks/funds to invest in available. Usually TSPs & 401ks have limited mutual/index fund options for you to pick from.
I guess that’s a perk of being a federal employee/military.
Roth started as a term exclusively for IRAs but was added as an option for 401ks/TSPs many years ago in the Penson Protection Act. For a while when they were first made available they were fairly rare but now the option is more common than not (using national plan statistics). First, check your plan to make sure it isn't already available and the company just didn't promote it well enough. If you check and it isn't there, petition the company to add it. It is an option but not a requirement to offer so a lot of times a company will just take the approach of "we aren't going to offer it because nobody has asked".

And if you find out that your plan's advisor hasn't even brought up the idea to the company/HR department then encourage them to look for a new advisor (then come back and look up old @NochNoch and I'll be happy to get them sorted ;))

I'm just laughing at Hole saying we need to get rid of Hendon Hooker and use his spot on someone else.My God that would have been a catastrophe,Hooker is the sole reason that offense exploded like it did.Just goes to show most us ain't got a effing clue.Were just fans shooting the sh*t,it's just when sh*t gets turned into facts we have problems.
That wasn’t even that wild of an opinion at that time. Hell up until he came in for the Pitt game, a lot of people here wanted Hooker 3rd on the depth chart.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
And this isn’t acting high and mighty? I admitted I was wrong in the post you’re replying to, yet you can’t ever let go of your signature smugness 🙄
You qualified it. And you take shots as you deflect. How TF do you know what my “signature” is?

Not really. Just shows how things change as more evidence is presented. Spring game Hooker wasn’t impressive and showed no indications of playing to the level he did this season.
I don't recall any of them being over impressive after the spring game.

Salahs form to start this season has been unreal. He’s always been a top player but this just on a whole other level. Going to be interesting to see how well Liverpool can keep up with him and Sane away at AFCON.

That being said, Up the Chels! 🔵
Unfortunately it is probably a moot point with City being gift wrapped the PL title by Tierney and Co. I don’t have much confidence w/o Mo & Super Sadio, especially given injuries and C19 exposure. I just hope Senegal and Egypt get bounced early in order to get them back for next leg of CL. Looking at the group stages of ACON, I don’t think either get bounced out of group stage.

Is it not weird Harrison Bailey has yet to transfer anywhere? His Market value not what he expected?

My take on it is that QB is the riskiest transfer. There can be only one QB1 so there are only ~130 spots with playing time. If a QB is leaving a school, they are probably looking for playing time. If a school is going to take a QB from the portal, they are probably looking for a proven, immediate impact type player.

With a QB like HB, he has potential but has not proven enough to walk into a starting spot anywhere in FBS and maybe not even in lower divisions. Not many coaches are going to look at his resume and hand him the keys. That is not to say that he cannot succeed, but he is likely in a situation where he is leaving a place where he was a backup and he is finding that all of his options are to go to a place where he is also a backup.

Add in the complexities of finding a good academic and community fit, and I think a lot of kids are going to run into this issue. A lot of portal guys are not going to be able to find a guaranteed spot at a place they actually want to go. Either be willing to settle or be willing to take a chance and work hard to earn a spot somewhere.

One thing is for sure. The days of a team keeping a stable of highly rated QBs on the bench is quickly fading.

Jack is tellling you right. For any amount, you can open an IRA at someplace like Schwab or Fidelity online and buy an equal amount of an index fund every month. If it's going up, you win. If it's going down, it's on sale: you win. This is most important for people who do NOT have a company plan and are not out there talking about millions. The reason is the compounding you will get over time. $100 a month at your age will absolutely crush $1000 a month invested at 50. It's maths. If $100 a month is too much, start with $50 or $10. Just set a regular minimum and never miss your deposit. You can put the deposit and even the purchase on auto. You will never have to touch it, except when you want to increase the amount.

You qualified it. And you take shots as you deflect. How TF do you know what my “signature” is?
Lol I “take shots” by pointing out that judging things in hindsight is pointless? So when they got their highest rated commit after CJH left and their starting QB was seemingly elated he was gone you thought those were good signs?

Also I’ve been on this forum for over a decade and seen you’re posts through pretty much that entire time, and your two constants are that you’re not an idiot and that you’re smug as hell. Sorry if that’s news to you, thought you were aware of that.

Thoughts on Fidelity 401k vs. Roth IRAs or a mix? I have access to both but am 100% 401k right now.

Unfortunately it is probably a moot point with City being gift wrapped the PL title by Tierney and Co. I don’t have much confidence w/o Mo & Super Sadio, especially given injuries and C19 exposure. I just hope Senegal and Egypt get bounced early in order to get them back for next leg of CL. Looking at the group stages of ACON, I don’t think either get bounced out of group stage.

Yup, unless City falters in the 2nd half of the season, which is unlikely, and Chelsea/Liverpool go on a tear it looks like it’s City’s to lose… again. I’m right there with you on hoping Senegal gets bounced early. I would love to get Mendy back sooner rather than later. I just want to see City get bounced from the Champions League early on. If they are going to keep winning the EPL, I hope we can at least keep seeing the ultimate disappointment on their faces when they still fail to win the CL.

Yup, unless City falters in the 2nd half of the season, which is unlikely, and Chelsea/Liverpool go on a tear it looks like it’s City’s to lose… again. I’m right there with you on hoping Senegal gets bounced early. I would love to get Mendy back sooner rather than later. I just want to see City get bounced from the Champions League early on. If they are going to keep winning the EPL, I hope we can at least keep seeing the ultimate disappointment on their faces when they still fail to win the CL.
Just imagine being a LFC & Vol fan in 2021 with the comedy of mistakes made throughout the season by refs against both teams. I hate refs….

Just imagine being a LFC & Vol fan in 2021 with the comedy of mistakes made throughout the season by refs against both teams. I hate refs….
After the Tottenham match I wanted to not watch another PL match for the rest of the season. It's awful how bad refs are across all sports and even at the highest level in the PL.

Not sure if this has been shared yet.
271443747_4585489648172967_3926625801961627234_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back