Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone is excited about recruiting and the upcoming holidays but i need to vent a little and ask a couple questions for the ones who may know. So after a week the investigation wrapped up, the bank finally puts the money back that was stolen out of our account only to find out the funds are frozen and my account restricted due to it being compromised. The bank needs me to send them a copy of my drivers liscense front/back, most recent utility bill proving my identification is what they have on file. After that they are gonna send me a hard copy check of the amount owed and could take up to 14 business days. I told the bank if they made it this hard for the hackers to get my money it woulda never gotten stolen. My question is this protocol for it to be so hard to get my money back and to take this long? I know its a long shot but is there any legal action that can be taken??Im the only income for my family and this has almost crippled us with my next paycheck still a week away.

Sorry for such a long post.
Can you physically go to your bank?

There's plenty of legit concerns but we really need to appreciate how impactful Hooker returning is - not only for the season, but the future. It's just massive.

We were so far underwater to start the year, we weren't even on recruits radar. Already written off as on our way to "burning thru another coach".
Somehow, Heupel hit an extreme rarity and earned a 2nd chance at a 1st impression, with 7 wins.
We will be on the radar from the start next season and what could've easily been a dropoff, now is the possibility to put on a show about the direction of the program.

The impact that keeping him in year 2 will have on the future, just can't be overstated.

the portal is great for teams like us, Michigan State, FSU, etc right now. Can get a lot better in a hurry by using it.

Hopefully we close strong on Wednesday with this recruiting class, but even if we don't, we just take our list of needs to the portal and get to work filling in holes.

I think the plan all along was to bolster the defense through the portal anyway. I'm ready to see who we end up taking. Portal season is going to be a 6 month adventure anyway, so we still have PLENTY of time and opportunities to strengthen the roster.

Hopefully we close strong on Wednesday with this recruiting class, but even if we don't, we just take our list of needs to the portal and get to work filling in holes.

I think the plan all along was to bolster the defense through the portal anyway. I'm ready to see who we end up taking. Portal season is going to be a 6 month adventure anyway, so we still have PLENTY of time and opportunities to strengthen the roster.

Well you also have a National Signing Day in February as well. So you can continue to recruit HS seniors and try and meet needs that way as well.

Well you also have a National Signing Day in February as well. So you can continue to recruit HS seniors and try and meet needs that way as well.
That's a good point, and maybe we add some more for that date as well.

We will see the portal swell after this Early Signing Day and the Traditional Signing Day. Then we will see the portal get active again going into Spring Practice. Finally, the last wave will shake things up coming out of Spring practice.

We'll have 3-4 more opportunities to add guys through May, probably.

totally agree.

Definitely feels like the plan was to use the portal on the defensive side. Maybe an experienced WR or OL but the majority was for Defense. Im cool with it.

A random bowl in December against Purdue doesn’t mean much regardless.

But a win gets us to 8 and for recruiting and “marketing” it helps immensely. Nobody cares if Purdue is out two guys when you can go into recruits homes and say that you won 8 games in your first year with like 65 scholarship players
I wasn’t planning on losing to Purdue if they were at full strength…. I want them at full strength….I want their fans talking smack thinking they are going to win and I want us to destroy them by 30 or more points.

Pretty sure the sky is falling.

R.2441fe805892192565a15eab3d92e01b

Let's see what happens Wednesday and with the portal situation, but if we continue to whiff on kids with all that this program has going right now and where we are trending, I really hope we don't find ourselves with the opposite of the last staff.... Pruitt and Co--- can recruit, but can't coach... Heup and Co--- can coach, but can't recruit...

I know Heup and staff haven't had a lot of time to build relationships, and that is key, but there are a few whiffs (other than us failing in the NIL department) that will be surprising with how we stack up with a few other current programs... Time will definitely tell...

Reactions: VolNash17
Let's see what happens Wednesday and with the portal situation, but if we continue to whiff on kids with all that this program has going right now and where we are trending, I really hope we don't find ourselves with the opposite of the last staff.... Pruitt and Co--- can recruit, but can't coach... Heup and Co--- can coach, but can't recruit...

I know Heup and staff haven't had a lot of time to build relationships, and that is key, but there are a few whiffs (other than us failing in the NIL department) that will be surprising with how we stack up with a few other current programs... Time will definitely tell...
we are likely going to have a top 20 class after early signing day, with plenty of room to bring on more guys by the next signing day, and/or through portal season

WAY, WAY too early to freak out

I'd say a top 25 class was way ahead of schedule, given how far behind this staff was taking up recruiting anyway, and where the program was

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back