Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. I was sitting in my Tennessee chair and a guy came over and said “finally, my kind of people”. We watched the first half of Georgia game on my phone while our kids were playing soccer! Lol
I just knew the team was from Morgantown.
I live in South Charleston. All the details on Dana comes from a friend who is the president of the Coal Association. Him and Catlett best friends

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
What's up with AP being a negative nancy? Every quote is like the most depressed, tired person in the world wrote it. "Hey, can we get some cruits?!" "Who knows." "Don't we have 4-5 leans heading to Knoxville this weekend?!" "Maybe one." "Do we have a chance with this guy or that guy in the portal?!" "Not really."
All the Golden Corrals are still closed...

It is just a bad look to publicly be shopping for a coach while you still have one. Cut him loose.
I mean it’s a business. Lots of gray area stuff. Diaz took the Temple job and like a week later resigned and took the Miami job. Every stakeholder looks out for their own interest. Part of the deal.

Anybody pulling for Bama is smoking crack. GA is going regardless of the outcome, barring some complete domination embarrassment.

Better to pull for GA here and hoped they knocked off by one of the other playoff teams.

Why would anybody want Bama AND Georgia in the playoffs?
If Bama beats UGA, and they both go to the playoffs, I think we get a better bowl game. PLUS, if that happens and then they both lose in the playoffs, they are both 2-loss teams. The disappointment for both would be make me smile a bit. Except of course for the part about someone in Alabama getting shot because of it.

Would love for Cristobal to leave Oregon high and dry and go to Miami. A strong Miami is good for us.

It looks like Miami is about to make their USC/LSU Godfather offer to Cristobal.

Cristobal would get Miami rolling again. He is a monster in recruiting South Florida.

Lane would kill it there too but the folks love Mario down thero

Georgia is in the playoffs regardless of tomorrow. If Bama loses they are out barring multiple surprising loses. Go Bulldogs. Now I’m going to slit my wrists. Lol
Bama wins, Michigan wins, Cincinnati wins, that’s three. Oklahoma state wins and they have one loss and a conference championship. So they should jump UGA. You also have a one loss ND sitting there too. It is not a guarantee that they get in if they lose. I actually prefer they lose and miss the playoffs. Would be an epic meltdown form Dawg fans.

Cristobal would get Miami rolling again. He is a monster in recruiting South Florida.

Lane would kill it there too but the folks love Mario down thero
The U doesn't have the allure to SF kids anymore. He Cristobal might get a few more elite players than they are now, but that pipeline has a big leak.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Danny White and our money guys better have the Brinks truck loaded. It looks like everyone is picking their dancing partner and officially setting their program's trajectory for the 2020's. If we're all in on Heupel we'll have to lock him in. If we're worried about losing him, we better have the money cannon ready and a short list of favorites.

The U doesn't have the allure to SF kids anymore. He Cristobal might get a few more elite players than they are now, but that pipeline has a big leak.
Yeah it's gotten bad when Alabama and Ohio State can just stroll on down and take whoever right out of your city. They have a lot of work to do with relationships, administration, basically every part of college football that isn't actual football. But Cristobal would be a giant, sprinting first step in the right direction.

Reactions: peaygolf
Well this coaching staff made walk ons decent soooo I’ll take ‘em.
Yeah I'm not even particular about most of the guys that we take this cycle in recruiting or in the portal. Just get us some depth and improve the roster enough for 1-2 more wins next year. We still have to build the foundation and depth across many positions. Even with the portal this isn't a one-class rebuild.

Bama wins, Michigan wins, Cincinnati wins, that’s three. Oklahoma state wins and they have one loss and a conference championship. So they should jump UGA. You also have a one loss ND sitting there too. It is not a guarantee that they get in if they lose. I actually prefer they lose and miss the playoffs. Would be an epic meltdown form Dawg fans.

Georgia is in regardless of what happens tomorrow

Reactions: BigSteve09
3 are obvious, Williams, Thomas, and Webb. I’m not saying the other one but it isn’t hard to figure out.

People think silents are guaranteed, but they’re not. So many kids tell coaches they’re coming and change their minds in a matter of days.

Nyland Green had a commitment video to Ut shot and then went to ga. Jay Hardy same thing. Justin Rogers. On and on.

Completely indifferent on silents.
They can give whatever reason they want but I immediately put them in the "don't want to hurt my chances with ____ " category.

So, no different than 'they have some interest'.

Looks like Miami will get Mario… Mario is one of the best recruiters out there. He’ll lock up that talent down there and it’ll ultimately put the squeeze on Florida and Bama… but he does flounder in 2-3 games a season so for Miami 10-3 isn’t bad at all at this point for them. They’ll be in Top 5 recruiting every season as well keeping kids away from Napier and Bama which is always a good thing

I wish it were possible but zero chance UGA misses the championship unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back