Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

Oh, we do.

We do.
Pruitt is the perfect example of what happens when you hire a crappy human being. They tend to surround themselves with other crappy humans and think the rules don't apply to them. Players to them are just a means to an end and eventually it catches up. Thank God for Coach Heup and his assistants!

So it looks like this is the list we’re currently down to and how I’d rank them in terms of need…

Demario Tolan (LSU Commit)
Walter Nolan (A&M Commit)
Tyre West (UGA Commit, FSU/Tenn Battle)
Jeffrey M’ba (JUCO)
Miles Frazier (FIU OT Transfer) - No interest according to AP
Jahmyr Gibbs (GT Transfer) - Bama according to VQ
Zach Evans (TCU Transfer)
James Pearce
Kris Bogle (Florida Transfer)- No interest according to AP
Justin Williams
Jacoby Windmon (UNLV LB Transfer)
Branden Jennings (Maryland Transfer)
Kody Jones (Michigan Commit)
Marvin Mims (OU Transfer)
Jadon Hasslewood (OU Transfer)
Tayvion Robinson (VAtech Transfer)
Marquise Gilbert (JUCO)
CJ Smith (Florida Commit)
Kaleb Webb (ECU Commit)
Marcus Banks (Bama Transfer)
Darren Agu (Vandy Commit)
Jeremiah Caldwell - MSU Lean
Keionte Scott (JUCO)
James Mitchell (VA Tech Transfer)
Jourdan Thomas
Michael Carraway (JUCO)
Desmond Williams (JUCO)

My question is..how did so few see this coming?

Because everyone hates the NCAA 'cuz they punish muh team.' No one wants to admit they're a necessary evil or that an unregulated CFB market is an unfair playing field. No one made these arguments because NCAA is bad in their eyes and because agents who stand to make the most from all of this put forth the argument that student athletes were no better than slaves when that was never the case.

They didn't see it coming because they didn't want to see or hear the truth of any of it. Arguments about NIL as well as the rules should've been nuanced and should've been made to ensure a fair playing field but all that was thrown out the window in favor of hyperbole.

Because everyone hates the NCAA 'cuz they punish muh team.' No one wants to admit they're a necessary evil or that an unregulated CFB market is an unfair playing field. No one made these arguments because NCAA is bad in their eyes and because agents who stand to make the most from all of this put forth the argument that student athletes were no better than slaves when that was never the case.

They didn't see it coming because they didn't want to see or hear the truth of any of it. Arguments about NIL as well as the rules should've been nuanced and should've been made to ensure a fair playing field but all that was thrown out the window in favor of hyperbole.
I knew and argued on here as soon as it was said it was going to happen that it would be used by longtime scum like Bama, Texas and TA&M etc etc etc to basically legally buy rosters.

Damage to one portion of the stadium will not undermine the entire structure as there are many connected, but structurally independent portions. Therefore, this is patently false and a troll job.

Incorrect, they damaged the catacombs under the stadium where all the Civil War bodies are buried thereby compromising the entire foundation. They knew it was a problem when the ghosts started coming out. This was confirmed by my cousin Randy who is on the job site. He said it’s like that part in Ghostbusters where the EPA guy shuts down the containment unit and all the ghosts pour out.

I didn't know exactly what was coming, but these developments do not surprise me. Once the can of worms was opened, it was going to be the wild wild west eventually.
I saw this all happening clear as day, and once the transfer thing was added it was going to be a absolute free for all. I also figured it wasn't ever going to help us because we have a bunch of tightwad pencil necked academic geeks that don't care anything about athletics for BIG money. We have the Haslams, but other schools have dozens of billionaires, or in Bamas case multi-millionaire fanatics that put their money where their heart is.

Reactions: VolNash17 and UTJoe
Incorrect, they damaged the catacombs under the stadium where all the Civil War bodies are buried thereby compromising the entire foundation. They knew it was a problem when the ghosts started coming out. This was confirmed by my cousin Randy who is on the job site. He said it’s like that part in Ghostbusters where the EPA guy shuts down the containment unit and all the ghosts pour out.

I got the proton packs. Meet me at the top of McClung Tower around 5 ET and we’ll take care of this thing.

There were bodies there but they were from the 1980s, 90s, etc. They also put bodies in the Tennessee River (one time a Vol Navy member hit the gibbet that had been sunk in the river for testing water decay and reported it to police - that pretty much was what exposed the body farm to the broader Knoxville community).

So it looks like this is the list we’re currently down to and how I’d rank them in terms of need…

Demario Tolan (LSU Commit)
Walter Nolan (A&M Commit)
Tyre West (UGA Commit, FSU/Tenn Battle)
Jeffrey M’ba (JUCO)
Miles Frazier (FIU OT Transfer) - No interest according to AP
Jahmyr Gibbs (GT Transfer) - Bama according to VQ
Zach Evans (TCU Transfer)
James Pearce
Kris Bogle (Florida Transfer)- No interest according to AP
Justin Williams
Jacoby Windmon (UNLV LB Transfer)
Branden Jennings (Maryland Transfer)
Kody Jones (Michigan Commit)
Marvin Mims (OU Transfer)
Jadon Hasslewood (OU Transfer)
Tayvion Robinson (VAtech Transfer)
Marquise Gilbert (JUCO)
CJ Smith (Florida Commit)
Kaleb Webb (ECU Commit)
Marcus Banks (Bama Transfer)
Darren Agu (Vandy Commit)
Jeremiah Caldwell - MSU Lean
Keionte Scott (JUCO)
James Mitchell (VA Tech Transfer)
Jourdan Thomas
Michael Carraway (JUCO)
Desmond Williams (JUCO)

I appreciate this and your opinion and generally looks good.

Though I do think you have James Mitchell a little low. If he comes back healthy, he could put close to All-American type stats in our offense, and almost certainly would be all-conference level.

Reactions: volnut1
Gah can i really just say i despise hackers. My bank account was hacked last night and was left with .55 cents. Im beyond furious right now. Bank said it could take up to 10 business days after the investigation before they could open me a knew account and replace our money. Prayers plz!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate thieves...will be praying.

I knew and argued on here as soon as it was said it was going to happen that it would be used by longtime scum like Bama, Texas and TA&M etc etc etc to basically legally buy rosters.
You know this way better than me, but does Alabama have considerably more $$$$ from donors than us?

Reactions: volnut1
Pruitt is the perfect example of what happens when you hire a crappy human being. They tend to surround themselves with other crappy humans and think the rules don't apply to them. Players to them are just a means to an end and eventually it catches up. Thank God for Coach Heup and his assistants!

Ed Orgeron just moved to the edge of his seat. Yaw, Yaw, Yaw. Geaux Tigers.

You know this way better than me, but does Alabama have considerably more $$$$ from donors than us?
Lol...how do you think that machine operates? Ask anybody that has ever lived in Alabama. I think during the eighties and nineties through the mid aughts that we were competitive with anybody when it came to..unofficial money...being spent to procure talent, but we have not kept up with the big boys since then. When the Bama boosters finally got sick of losing to us they kicked it into a gear we have never come close to matching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back