Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is Heupel hasnt heard a word from OU and wasnt expecting to. I feel like Ainge's question threw him off so he reverted back to his classic Vols glory answer.

He probably also saw what Brian Kelly just got paid and is thinking, hey never say never am I right?

Reactions: mrmax86
I was just joking. Mine was the type of comeback someone makes when they know they're on slippery ground.

Edit: No, YOU cool the temp in here.

cats-funny-animals.gif

Not borrowing trouble. It’s legit reason to be concerned for a guy that just left Penn St that is from Michigan will be on the list of replacement for Pry. He was who Franklin was going to bring as DC to TN. So Franklin will most definitely come calling. I don’t know what Banks aspirations are though and he has solid relationship with current staff. Maybe he doesn’t go but it’s something to watch
I just don’t see it. Not with Banks or Heupel. Not for lateral moves. They’re highly paid, doing a great job, lots of positive momentum in Knoxville and it takes a special kind of scum bag to leave after one season. Not everyone is a dbag like LK.

If true, good hire. Follows their trend of hiring either a successfully established coordinator or hotly trending variety…former in this case. Money whipping proven HCs is simply not the normal route for most programs. You’re more apt to invest huge on a declining value…jmo.

Uh 3 to be exact now what's your next question. Do you not understand how recruiting works or are you acting as an entitled child and trying to argue? I'll wait.

And this is what I've been trying to say for a whole season. Relationships outweigh a lot. We don't need UCF level guys UT has to get high level SEC recruits. If a kid is in the portal that's an indication right there. Currently there are over 2k in the portal. Most are stuck and stupid lmao. The portal is a horrible thing and helps further soften these young men to be entitled, quitters, and idiots. It also doesnt help that there's zero accountability for ADs and coaches who move at will also. So the players are due some freedom but what it has become is phucking awful
Yes which is what I've been saying and most on here disagree with. To build the roster we need to bear UGA etc... will have to come from Elite HS recruiting classes. There's a reason the majority of the players who are in the portal are in the portal. A spot or two here and there is ok but you can't use it to build a whole freaking roster.

Reactions: VolNash17
Uh 3 to be exact now what's your next question. Do you not understand how recruiting works or are you acting as an entitled child and trying to argue? I'll wait.

And this is what I've been trying to say for a whole season. Relationships outweigh a lot. We don't need UCF level guys UT has to get high level SEC recruits. If a kid is in the portal that's an indication right there. Currently there are over 2k in the portal. Most are stuck and stupid lmao. The portal is a horrible thing and helps further soften these young men to be entitled, quitters, and idiots. It also doesnt help that there's zero accountability for ADs and coaches who move at will also. So the players are due some freedom but what it has become is phucking awful

Had to give you like there in bold----

I will say though that UT has made some noise this year on the field and it shouldn't be that hard to see what the staff is doing here, so while I agree with the relationship aspect of recruiting, I also don't think you are giving our staff/accomplishments this season enough props for getting some of these portal kid's attention. We have been an exciting football team to watch this season and if I'm a higher-tier portal kid looking to play instantly, UT would be top 3 to seriously consider... I'd probably be reaching out the THEM...

My guess is Heupel hasnt heard a word from OU and wasnt expecting to. I feel like Ainge's question threw him off so he reverted back to his classic Vols glory answer.

He probably also saw what Brian Kelly just got paid and is thinking, hey never say never am I right?

I get that for sure. I work for a company but was recently asked to interview for a rival company. I did so just to see what was out there and as an prompt to keep my resume fresh, but have no real intention of leaving.
BUT there is a number/benefits package the competitor could come back with that would get me to leave. I spent 7 years trying to get a job at my company.

I don’t have enough time or energy to worry about crap like this. I’ll bet the mortgage that Heup isn’t leaving.

This is so dumb. Again, why would a guy leave a top program that he is successfully rebuilding when he holds the keys? This BVS thing is stupid. Tennessee is a top 10 program historically. The money is there to do whatever they want. DW is kicking azz and CJH is his guy. He's already in the SEC, there's no allure going to Norman, OK to rebuild for the SEC at a place he was fired from and the guy who fired him is still there.

I think Harsin is a good football coach, but it feels like that job is too big for him.
He doesn’t really feel like an Auburn coach much less an SEC coach. I think he leaves sooner than later before he gets fired. Firing two assistants in year one and not recruiting well. Can’t imagine many coaches want to work with a guy who fires guys in year one. Auburn boosters won’t stand for that for too long plus SEC only getting stronger.

The portal is a horrible thing and helps further soften these young men to be entitled, quitters, and idiots. It also doesnt help that there's zero accountability for ADs and coaches who move at will also. So the players are due some freedom but what it has become is awful
Agree 100% on this. I knew it would be a free-for-all, but this is horrible. Too many kids are going to lose out on quality education as a result. Sadly, it's probably going to end up being the ones with poor parental guidance to begin with losing the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back