Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge deal I guess, but he didn’t even take the time to spell his coach’s name correctly 🤷‍♂️
I think that he did that intentionally. I think for whatever reason he has an axe to grind with Heupel. The timing of this is strange.

Last edited:
There’s no way to remove the fake injuries without having players also have to play through real injuries.

My idea has always been, you go down, you are done for that drive, if you go down 3 times in a game, you are medically disqualified for the rest of the game.
Sure you’d just have Kiffin sub in his scrub players to take a fall but it would stop him from telling his starters to go down to stop momentum when that player would be out the rest of that drive.
I agree about sitting out the remainder of the drive. That would put an end to this mess in large part.

We can’t say much, though. We’ve had our share of embarrassing “injuries” this year too. Had two guys go down at once the other night against USA

Good to hear and I think it shows. This team carries themselves different.

However a family member of Morven Joseph was on Twitter saying its not as good as it appears. I don't really buy that. However if it is true I think there are maybe a few outliers that haven't bought in yet.

There’s always a few that aren’t gonna buy in for one reason or another. It’s how the rest of the team responds that makes the difference.

It’s either the few guys are crying and the other players are listening, planting seeds, and that will become an issue. Or the few are complaining and the rest of the team is ignoring them cause they balling out while those few ride the bench cause they aren’t as good as they think they are.

It’s no different than anything in life. There’s always gonna be those people that can’t do half of what another can do, but they will sit and wait for that person to make one single mistake and try to tell everyone they would’ve never done that, while ignoring the hundred other things the person has done that they are incapable of doing.

Truthfully, in the interest of player safety, an on-field injury should require the player sit a certain amount of time. 2 series is probably too much. 1 series seems about right, that's usually no more than 10 plays. Or maybe 2:30 of game clock.

Either way, something has to be done.
That's sort of where I'm at. Prevent faking AND promote player safety. The problem is that if you making the sitting time too long it does the opposite of promoting player safety because the players themselves will try to push through stuff.

If Alontae or Banks tweaks an ankle and can't play but can't sub, so they go down, none of us would want them to have to sit two series despite them being okay to come back in 2 or 3 plays normally.

Most of us really wouldn't want them to sit the rest of that series either I'd say, but I understand that ruling for player safety.

That's why my initial suggestion was 4 plays. So, if the offense gets a big first down and a player goes down to slow momentum, they wouldn't even be available for a punt or field goal should the drive stall.

Reactions: triadvolfan
There’s no way to remove the fake injuries without having players also have to play through real injuries.

My idea has always been, you go down, you are done for that drive, if you go down 3 times in a game, you are medically disqualified for the rest of the game.
Sure you’d just have Kiffin sub in his scrub players to take a fall but it would stop him from telling his starters to go down to stop momentum when that player would be out the rest of that drive.
And I don't hate that.

Reactions: JFBanicki
Good to hear and I think it shows. This team carries themselves different.

However a family member of Morven Joseph was on Twitter saying its not as good as it appears. I don't really buy that. However if it is true I think there are maybe a few outliers that haven't bought in yet.
I see it like google reviews. You're always going to have a handful of 1 star reviews from bitter customers that didn't get their way or have a vendetta. But when you've got seventy 4 and 5 star reviews to five 1 and 2 star reviews, then it's probably a good restaurant to eat at.

@VolsDoc81TX has made it to Tuesday. Keep going Doc. You'll catch up eventually.

200.gif
Unfortunately, these words of encouragement will not be seen by Doc until 2023. Thanks for trying, though.

This seems like a very very bad look. As good as the offense has been, our best player transfers? Yikes. That said, least important position in football and we have multiple guys I’m confident in. Not a huge deal to our on field production, imo.
When you can clearly see the rest of the team is totally bought in, it is only yikes for Evans, IMO. It is clearly him that is the issue and not the coaching or the team. It is also very arguable if he is our best offensive player since he had limited playing time. He is much easier to replace than Hooker will be, for example

I agree about sitting out the remainder of the drive. That would put an end to this mess in large part.

We can’t say much, though. We’ve had our share of embarrassing “injuries” this year too. Had two guys go down at once the other night against USA

Not to mention the all the extra point injuries.

Reactions: BP4Prez
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back