Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a zippy, speedy guy in the portal that we can line up at slot, or motion all over the field to keep DCs up at night. There will be at least one. Hope whoever holds the NIL money is ready to unload.

He will suck there. Can’t handle the pressure. His ego is too big
I think Texas is a good example that even when you get the hottest name(s) or most obvious choice, it's still so hard to hit on your coach
Florida is kind of in that realm as well
Unfortunately, we are the example of what happens when you don't even have many choices

Reactions: mrMet and Brillovol
Err'body can pay big money these days. the playing field is as even as it's ever been when it comes to resources in general. gone are the days of out bidding for coaches, or have the best facilities by wide margins or programs with better exposure etc. when liberty can pay a coach $4m a year to keep him from being poached by SEC programs that would have him....that's all you need to know. Programs are going to have to adjust their way of thinking when it comes to hiring, and more importantly, firing coaches. you can't just 'go get' a guy anymore. they're not lining up for your job. FL should know that. we definitely should know that. i think Texas, USCw and a few others are figuring that out as well. maybe that's why Michigan hasn't gone ahead and pulled the trigger on CJH, or why PSU just signed CJF to a 10 year extenstion?

throw in that Billy Napier is perfectly happy at UL adds more fuel to that notion.

coaching in college, in the SEC in particular, is a 24/7 job. and it's not for everybody.....and it's not worth the money anymore, if you can make the same elsewhere.
All of this + new incoming TV money may just mean another coaching salary explosion where $10mm is the new $5mm and the top dogs get $15mm plus...aaand if that happens again I just hope the 85 players get a piece too

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
One thing I think I haven’t seen mentioned enough is how badly we need depth at DB next year. 3 of 5 starters graduating + plus two more depth guys. I think you would want close to 15 guys on the roster to complete the 3 deep. What do we have returning? 10 guys? Really need 4-6 in this class.
We need depth all over the defense, plus on the OL.

As long as he beats Louisville and UK basketball gets into the swing of things, he should be good, right?
Try to understand...they hate us worse than anything, they don't bring up him beating UF a couple of times, they are furious that he lost to us.

IMO he is doomed long term here, the next time(and there will be a next time) he falls to 5-6 wins...along with Heupel hanging 50+ on him..this place will become toxic, and then it is just a matter of time.

Try to understand...they hate us worse than anything, they don't bring up him beating UF a couple of times, they are furious that he lost to us.

IMO he is doomed long term here, the next time(and there will be a next time) he falls to 5-6 wins...along with Heupel hanging 50+ on him..this place will become toxic, and then it is just a matter of time.

I really do love us being hated.

If that happens then we are FOR SURE going to a Florida bowl.

I'd love it.

Their fans might whine and moan, but there's no way that Kentucky would fire Stoops. They could not do better, especially this year. And he just extended his contract again by becoming bowl eligible.

Kentucky has bigger fish to fry, like what to do with Coach Cal.
He will get fired at some point if he doesn't get out of here first good chance he gets. If he falls back to 5-6 next year it going to get ugly.

Reactions: volsfan_17
All of this + new incoming TV money may just mean another coaching salary explosion where $10mm is the new $5mm and the top dogs get $15mm plus...aaand if that happens again I just hope the 85 players get a piece too
Which 85 players? How is getting a six figure education not a "piece"? Just because a lot of dumbasses are too stupid to value it, does not make it's real value any less.

If you go this route, it will eventually force smaller rosters and then thousands of players will get screwed because of a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back