Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna say that I have so much respect for this team and staff and the way they fight having brought a knife to a machine-gun fight. Color me impressed. Long way to go yet but I don’t think I can question the direction.

Me too. Just need some dudes. We will take a nose dive without many dudes.

With some of the coaches we've believed in, maybe disappointed was a good thing.
We clearly can't be trusted.

For a once premier program, it is weird tho.
Every hire, my wife has asked if he's a good coach.
And for every hire, I've shrugged and said "guess we're going to find out". 😐

My wife asked me if I was happy with the hire, and all I could say was, “offense might be fun for the next few years, but I don’t see a championship with him.”

I can now say, with confidence, that the offense IS fun and I DO think he could eventually win a championship. I don’t have a crystal ball and I won’t downplay how hard it is to win a championship, but if Heupel can rebuild this roster he has a chance.

My wife asked me if I was happy with the hire, and all I could say was, “offense might be fun for the next few years, but I don’t see a championship with him.”

I can now say, with confidence, that the offense IS fun and I DO think he could eventually win a championship. I don’t have a crystal ball and I won’t downplay how hard it is to win a championship, but if Heupel can rebuild this roster he has a chance.

It's hard not to think the same scheming with better athletes = serious wins.
Maybe that's oversimplified but difficult not think watching the games.
Am curious about recruiting tho. Not judging anything off of this year, obviously. But we are the Recruiting Forum, booming is like breathing.

My wife asked me if I was happy with the hire, and all I could say was, “offense might be fun for the next few years, but I don’t see a championship with him.

After what we've gone through the last decade, i'll take that.

After I calmed down and thought it through I said essentially the same thing. I love hiring an offensive innovator. They can take lemons and make lemonade - lift the program faster and create excitement. Like others including Bass, I was all about who he hired and especially on D. When I saw Banks at DC with CRG likely - that sealed the deal for me. Willie was my only worry. Now I am over that because I see the combo of Willie's and Banks' strong experience in the secondary as a terrific combo.

It feels good to forget about coaching searches for awhile. Now we can get back to focusing on recruits to rebuild this roster as fast as possible.
I was not blown away with the hire and was not shocked by it since DW hired him at UCF but I knew the hire could have been a lot worse and then I got to thinking about a high powered offense and Spurriers hire at Fla and thought maybe the same thing could happen at UT. I was not sold on Banks being hired and if he can ever get his 3rd down for what solved, he could turn out to be a star. The jury is still out on Willie, too many WRs running around open and some of those DBs cant cover anybody but over all I am pleased with this staff

Reactions: Brillovol
I got it. Just wanted to provide hilarious things I'd rather do. I don't rob VN of my content just because of sarcasm. I'm a man of the people. Trying to keep it fresh.. ya smell me?
giphy.gif

Reactions: gainesvol82
It's hard not to think the same scheming with better athletes = serious wins.
Maybe that's oversimplified but difficult not think watching the games.
Am curious about recruiting tho. Not judging anything off of this year, obviously. But we are the Recruiting Forum, booming is like breathing.

Yup. I’m sold on his scheming and mostly sold on his in game coaching. The big question mark left is can he build a roster? It’s yet to be seen but with the buy in he’s getting from current players and the way he’s been punching above his weight this year I think it’ll come. He’s not a coach that’s going to get the recruiting buzz right away like some big names or big personalities will, but winning cures all. If he keeps progressing with on field results, recruiting will progress as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back