Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like this post from AP. He’s dead on

“I’ve lost patience for certain things over the years so I get it. If the Vols got to play #7 Penn State or Top 5 Iowa then getting a win like that would be much easier to attain. Sadly the Vols are playing Bama and UGA trying to get those type wins and they have the best talent in the country. Couple that with a depleted roster and I really think they are playing way over their heads. Nobody wants to wait for anything….it’s become human nature.”

The int hooker threw last night was a back breaker, had he had not thrown it then it wouldn’t have gotten out of hand
Typical Tennessee fashion it went…

Clear fumble on goal line with Tennessee recovery. Bama TD

Next drive INT shortened field. Bama TD

Next drive go for it on 4th from 33 yard line. Didn’t get it. Shortened field Bama TD.

Trailed 7 with 12 minutes to play. Down 28 with 4 minutes to play.

Score does not tell the story in this one

Tennessee needs to recruit and sign the freakish athletes on the edge Georgia has been blessed with lately.
i think we have. we got BY & we hve TB. Issue is we lost 33 players to transfer portal. Matt Butler is playing 80 snaps a game. Any depth is being built on fly because Beldar refused to build a two deep.

We nearly signed an all star DE before he made us break the deal. Same for Big Cat Bryan. There's two end bodies. Imagine contain on Bama QB with two fresh rush ends.

“I’ve lost patience for certain things over the years so I get it. If the Vols got to play #7 Penn State or Top 5 Iowa then getting a win like that would be much easier to attain. Sadly the Vols are playing Bama and UGA trying to get those type wins and they have the best talent in the country. Couple that with a depleted roster and I really think they are playing way over their heads. Nobody wants to wait for anything….it’s become human nature.”
we are patient. rational people see the end game.

Whew, that game thread tho😳

C'mon. Many of our guys honestly, have no business on the field against top 15 teams. And they're combining to make up 3/4 of a team.. playing under a year 1 coach.

Yet, somehow, they're in 4th quarter dog fights with the best teams in the country before depth and talent gaps set in.
No idea what the future holds and not crowning anyone. But honestly, I don't know how in the world anyone thinks this rag tag group isn't meeting their expectations.
Yeah, we're losing to the best - as we should be. But this group is making it look like a damn scene from "The 300".
It's been way more exciting than I ever imagined and personally, I love this freaking team.
Perfect!....wish I would have had time to type it out! Looooove this team!

C'mon. Many of our guys honestly, have no business on the field against top 15 teams. And they're combining to make up 3/4 of a team.. playing under a year 1 coach.

Yet, somehow, they're in 4th quarter dog fights with the best teams in the country before depth and talent gaps set in.
No idea what the future holds and not crowning anyone. But honestly, I don't know how in the world anyone thinks this rag tag group isn't meeting their expectations.
Yeah, we're losing to the best - as we should be. But this group is making it look like a damn scene from "The 300".
It's been way more exciting than I ever imagined and personally, I love this freaking team.
Butler plays 80 snaps a game....80. 8-0.

It's definitely a good point, about the difference in top 5 teams we have to play vs other conferences and their ability to get the upsets.

As for the waiting... He's not wrong... But...(and this is not cjh's fault mind you)... We've won zero vs Bama, 1 vs Florida, 4 vs Georgia since 2007.

Fans have waited. And with every change at the helm, more waiting.

So I think, at least for me, a lot of the frustration AP is referring to is not directed at this coach or team, but that situation. Maybe that's not fair? Dunno.

Go to a bowl game, I'm happy. Win 7, and I think you really have a ton to sell if you're looking at the whole picture here... I'm impressed with what this team has done and the effort they play with. The staff has done a great job.

I can't believe TN fans are upset at last night. Did people really expect TN to go in to Tuscaloosa and beat them. At the first of the season did some of them have Bama down as a win? We have a rag tag bunch of guys, they have the best players money can buy. They have a corrupt organization that insures their wins. The SEC would never allow lowly TN to beat their flagship.

And it's not changing. They're more and more blatant now than they've ever been. Replay shows one thing, who cares, we're sticking with the bad call. The only way to have a chance against them is to beat them so bad you overcome the biased officiating. That's difficult because the officials take any momentum away as soon as you get it.

People are delusional if they're unhappy with the way the Vols played.

All my bishing aside, I agree with all this.

It's definitely a good point, about the difference in top 5 teams we have to play vs other conferences and their ability to get the upsets.

As for the waiting... He's not wrong... But...(and this is not cjh's fault mind you)... We've won zero vs Bama, 1 vs Florida, 4 vs Georgia since 2007.

Fans have waited. And with every change at the helm, more waiting.

So I think, at least for me, a lot of the frustration AP is referring to is not directed at this coach or team, but that situation. Maybe that's not fair? Dunno.

Go to a bowl game, I'm happy. Win 7, and I think you really have a ton to sell if you're looking at the whole picture here... I'm impressed with what this team has done and the effort they play with. The staff has done a great job.

We get to 7 wins and ruin Kentucky’s dream season I will be happy.

TN curse continues though. Play the top ACC team…Alabama and the hot team in the west that year in Ole Miss.

We HAVE waited. 15 years. LSU just fired a coach less than 2 years removed from a NC.

I get it though, but I don’t like the characterization we are impatient.

Reactions: jakez4ut
we can score af will against Kensucky
The main concern I have with UK is their defensive front. Our o line has gotten man handled the past two weeks and really hurt our run game. UK's front four is pretty darn good.

Need to get healthy up front, and hooker needs to be a part of the run game.

But this is a winnable game for sure.

I can't believe TN fans are upset at last night. Did people really expect TN to go in to Tuscaloosa and beat them. At the first of the season did some of them have Bama down as a win? We have a rag tag bunch of guys, they have the best players money can buy. They have a corrupt organization that insures their wins. The SEC would never allow lowly TN to beat their flagship.

And it's not changing. They're more and more blatant now than they've ever been. Replay shows one thing, who cares, we're sticking with the bad call. The only way to have a chance against them is to beat them so bad you overcome the biased officiating. That's difficult because the officials take any momentum away as soon as you get it.

We are playing out of our minds. I hate losing too but this coaching staff is going to win. I believe we are on the fast track… finally

The main concern I have with UK is their defensive front. Our o line has gotten man handled the past two weeks and really hurt our run game. UK's front four is pretty darn good.

Need to get healthy up front, and hooker needs to be a part of the run game.

But this is a winnable game for sure.
I wasnt sure Ole Miss was a winneable game. Certainly didnt like our matchup versus Florida.

Kentucky will score some points, but so will we

After the last 2 weeks, it is obvious the SEC wants 2 teams in the playoffs, be it Ga, ole Miss, or bama. If Ga wins SEC champ, then they want ole miss to have only 1 loss.

I wasnt sure Ole Miss was a winneable game. Certainly didnt like our matchup versus Florida.

Kentucky will score some points, but so will we
The schedule has played out pretty much like i thought it would. We've lost the games we should have, and will lose the Georgia game to get to 4L's. Vandy, TN tech, USA and BG being 4W's. So.. USCe, Missouri.. Pitt & Kentucky would determine how our season went.

2-1 in those 4... So Kentucky now becomes the biggest game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back