Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I’m tired of seeing my alma mater crapped on! By it continuing to happen, it holds us down longer and longer, and continues to prove we will never get a fair shake. Hard to build championship teams when that continues to happen.

There are zero teams that would leave the SEC to join a conference headlined by Tennessee. Zero.

That red line on MNF last night was a revelation. Major college football needs that on their first down markers and pylons yesterday. Absolute no brainer.

Regarding that 3rd down rush by Allen, because of that camera and line, not a single fan of either team could credibly argue he made the line to gain. Controversy over. No fans throwing crap, no endless discussion after the game, nada. So refreshing.

If the SEC is serious about avoiding incidents like Saturday night, those cameras would be a great place to start. Use the $250,000 in fine money, should be enough.
usw the $250K, roll it up and cram it Sankey

Excellent post. I'll only add that refresh rate is a really, really important metric for watching sports on TV.

Agreed, but anything over 120hz is kind of overkill (ya can't really see a visible difference between 120hz, 144hz, 240hz, etc. in 60fps (which is what most sports are shot/shown in).

hz = hertz (the way refresh rate is measured in monitors/tvs)
fps = frames per second, basically for every second 60 frames/pictures are in it. Most movies are 24 fps, most TV/YouTube is 30 fps and then sports are captured in 60 fps and it's mainly so when they slow it down they don't lose frames.

Agreed, but anything over 120hz is kind of overkill (ya can't really see a visible difference between 120hz, 144hz, 240hz, etc. in 60fps (which is what most sports are shot/shown in).

hz = hertz (the way refresh rate is measured in monitors/tvs)
fps = frames per second, basically for every second 60 frames/pictures are in it. Most movies are 24 fps, most TV/YouTube is 30 fps and then sports are captured in 60 fps and it's mainly so when they slow it down they don't lose frames.
There are a LOT of cheap tvs with 60hz refresh rate though (or fake 120), and you should definitely avoid those.

Great post. Another thing to understand since people usually don’t think about it is your Wi-Fi speed (you kinda hit this point). True 4K streaming takes up ~25-30 Mbps for data speed. If this is your plans top speed I can promise you that you aren’t getting your 4K streaming because there are most definitely other objects on the network taking up bandwidth (like little Jimmy surfing the web). To test your bandwidth speed just go to fast.com and run the test. Another thing to consider is your Wi-Fi range. Hardwired is always best, but Wi-Fi is very convenient so if you are having dropping issues it could be due to the Wi-Fi card in your device not being able to pick up the Wi-Fi signal being broadcasted by your AP.

Also, PLEASE buy a top of the line HDMI cord. Amazon basics (and other equivalents) is not top of the line nor is it going to give you that “4K” picture it says it will. Remember, there is a reason it is $4.99. And to be honest the HDMI cords that usually come with the device you buy is usually not good either. Top of the line HDMI cords will be made with better internals/metals to allow crisp clear audio and video to travel through the line consistently and will not degrade nowhere near as quick as these cheap ones.

Small piggy back, with HDMI cords ya gotta look at what type of HDMI it is too. You need a 2.1 HDMI cable to get 4k and multiple brands offer that. Also length of cable does matter, as with Ethernet the longer the cable the more quality you lose.

If a 3' cable is all you need then buy that over the 6' one. A great source for cables is monoprice.com

Sorry for the nerd/tech talk...lol

It's something I've gotten very into since filming. And a lot of the big boy cinema cameras that exist (and those used on sidelines for sports) don't capture 4K even. It's a ton of information/data and sadly a lot of people think "4K is best!" and so much more goes into it and I've seen cameras that film in 1080p get upscaled to 4K and look better than native 4K cameras.

Also one other small tip, take into account how close to the TV you're actually going to be. A huge TV you're too close to will look worse than a smaller TV you're a tad far from.

1 to 1.5 times the size of the TV is how far your optimal viewing spot is.

So for a 40" TV you'd want to be at least 40" away up to 60" away. So if you're 5' from the screen a 75" will look awful.

What's the best size TV for my room?

Couple things on Tillman… I don’t put anything on Tillman. That play is a lot harder to make than slow motion makes it out to be. Watch it in real time. That window is a tough one for QB as wel but it was a really good throw in only place it could be thrown as Ole Miss defenders were there to knock it down if thrown any lower. Tillman was jumping while sort of falling back to the spot. Milton threw a laser so still would have probably been hard to catch. I think the biggest item was our WRs played a ton of snaps and we need to open the rotation up some more again to get Callaway and Hyatt more snaps again too good of playmakers to not give them shots too. Tillman legs were gassed on the play. A breather or two earlier in game
Might have allowed him to have a little more juice there. When your worn down your body doesn’t always cooperate the way you want.

Still struggling with the fact that Milton just gingerly jogged out of bounds.
I really think he thought he had run out of options. He isn't smart enough/experienced enough to realize he could have thrown a lateral. Coming in cold and in a huge moment like that, it takes a level of mental game that I don't think Milton is at to recognize you still have one option available.

We win last Saturday if we had Cade and Evans. You'll never convince me otherwise. Davis single handily costed us multiple possessions. That OL we were forced to play changed play calling as well.
We were in the endzone and the line opened up nice holes but Small would dance around trying to pick up 30 instead of taking the 5-15 yard runs presented. Evans would have had a huge game.

Swain and Basilio both ripped him today. He was selfish and didn't want to get hit because he didn't think he'd get in. He doesn't realize that he lost so much more than that play.
This is such a bad take and has the empathy and emotional intelligence of a caveman.

There is a 0% chance he said "I know I have other options but I don't want to get tackled - even though I've been playing football all my life and have been tackled thousand of times - so I'm going to avoid that at the cost of my other options to possibly win the game."

There is a much higher chance that he simply panicked and didn't have the mental fortitude to process his options and possibly thought he was stopping the clock by not getting tackled in bounds.

Reactions: DMG and nicksjuzunk
This is such a bad take and has the empathy and emotional intelligence of a caveman.

There is a 0% chance he said "I know I have other options but I don't want to get tackled - even though I've been playing football all my life and have been tackled thousand of times - so I'm going to avoid that at the cost of my other options to possibly win the game."

There is a much higher chance that he simply panicked and didn't have the mental fortitude to process his options and possibly thought he was stopping the clock by not getting tackled in bounds.

Strong take.

I really think he thought he had run out of options. He isn't smart enough/experienced enough to realize he could have thrown a lateral. Coming in cold and in a huge moment like that, it takes a level of mental game that I don't think Milton is at to recognize you still have one option available.
With his arm, we probably would have been better off having the last play from the 50, Dobbs style. He had too many options with a medium play. Even still, everyone knows that if you're the QB the play cannot end with the ball in your hand. It just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back