Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better idea. If all Vol fans (not just the 102,455) throw in $200. We'd have enough to buy out the players schollies and start our own team, with plenty of money left over to hit up the players in the transfer portal too.

We could call them the Tennessee Voluneffyoualls.
This would be the helmet sticker. 🖕
Count me in for $1,000 for this to happen.

Reactions: BaldBiker
If you drop for injury and the game is delayed because if it, you have to sit out the series.

Is the problem with this potential rule that players, in fear they will have to sit out a bit, might play through injuries they might otherwise have sought help for?
Yes. The example I've heard the most is specifically around head injuries and concussions.

It is ultimately up to a player whether or not they want to play through an injury. In this opt-out era, I don't think that will be a huge problem. The players that are hurt will leave for safety reasons, and that is a good cause. The players who aren't injured will be forced to leave, and that is a good cause.

Josh Pate mentioned 1 full quarter as the measure. I think that's a lot, but wouldn't protest. Missing the rest of the series is a fair amount of time to have a TRULY injured player checked out, or a team punished for faking.

There are more pros than cons to having players sit out.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Better idea. If all Vol fans (not just the 102,455) throw in $200. We'd have enough to buy out the players schollies and start our own team, with plenty of money left over to hit up the players in the transfer portal too.

We could call them the Tennessee Voluneffyoualls.
This would be the helmet sticker. 🖕
I have seen several different people (including myself) come to this conclusion on this forum. It's because we all know how much power and money is behind VolNation.

No one else wants to see us figure this out. We'll make Georgia and LSU's bags look like church offerings.

Yes. The example I've heard the most is specifically around head injuries and concussions.

It is ultimately up to a player whether or not they want to play through an injury. In this opt-out era, I don't think that will be a huge problem. The players that are hurt will leave for safety reasons, and that is a good cause. The players who aren't injured will be forced to leave, and that is a good cause.

Josh Pate mentioned 1 full quarter as the measure. I think that's a lot, but wouldn't protest. Missing the rest of the series is a fair amount of time to have a TRULY injured player checked out, or a team punished for faking.

There are more pros than cons to having players sit out.
Probably would wait until the team got in the red zone to fake injury to change personal. But that's sure better than what we been seeing. Something needs to be done. With our thin roster it would hurt more than it would for a full roster.

We need Dead End BBQ to sponsor the OL
The cookie company can have the DBs for all I care
Another business gets the QBs, RBs, WRs, DL, LBs, etc etc

Just funnel the money through them. If we gave Dead End $500,000 to sponsor our entire OL class we could boost recruiting overnight.

You know it is crazy in a way, but not really, A public NIL, kinda like the Packers.

Danny and Donde have to try to control the fans…..we were hitting our own fans with trash…. People was throwing things from the upper deck…. We ran our own cheerleaders off the field…. You cannot allow that to continue…. Quit being so sensitive about a couple of tweets…. Josh isn’t here without Danny…. That atmosphere was helped to be created by Danny…. Danny wouldn’t be here without donde…. Let our administration work and quit being so critical over things that don’t really matter.
Beast, I agree with you, 100; but, you're acting like it's suppose to be...simple...easy...like, we're not suppose to say a word, be silent...

Yes, White has to maintain professionalism and integrity, above all else...and, I thought his statement was top notch. However, yes, part of me wants him to say, in the media, in the public, "FCUK YOU, GREG SANKEY!!!" And, that's ESPECIALLY the case if it's true that Ole Miss received zero penalty for the 19 basketball game. The old adage, "they're going to continue until you make them stop", well, that's absolutely true...they're going to continue fcuking us until we FINALLY start holding our ground. It may take the combining of forces with Arkansas, Mississippi St, South Carolina, Kentucky, etc., idk; but, something HAS TO be done about it, or attempted. This placating, as we have seen, and will continue to see, has gotten us nowhere.

One thing is for sure, they absolutely hate us...proof of that is all around and aplenty; Idk why, and idk for how long they have, but they do...maybe Fulmer WAS/IS the biggest prick in the south, and everyone in the south despises him, therefore they despise the rest of us...idk, I just know they hate us; they've pinned us into a corner, and they don't plan on letting us out, and if you do not recognize that, you're blind.

Again, beast, I agree with you...I just also feel like so many others...we are a caged animal that has been poked and prodded for far too long. Trying to dig ourselves out of the hole that, yes, we dug ourselves, absolutely...however, it truly is US against the world. The NCAA hates us...our own conference hates us...the national media hates us...the local media hates us (one thing I'd do if I were Heupel: some of those fcuksticks would never be allowed near the locker room, much less be allowed to ask a question; and, we all know who they are)...

Anyway...rant over. Needed to fume, my brother. To sum everything up: IF it is true that Ole Miss faced no penalty in 19, I'd tell Sankey to go fcuk himself, period, point blank...and, I'd do it in the media, in the public; and, then id let the floodgates open about what I thought about Sankey and the rest of the SEC's ties to Alafxukingbama. Then id pack my sh!t, and move to another conference.

GIF-o-rly-really-skeptical-yeah-right-GIF.gif

You want to show Sankey how screwed up this faking injury thing is, we should have a guy fall to the ground every play against Bama once they line up on offense. 6 hour game would have Saban having a heart attack and the SEC office in shambles

I don't think Heupel would do it, but it is exactly what the league and the game deserve. I don't think anyone would hold it against us.

Take the tin foil hat off.
A cleaning crew would have to immediately service the announcing booth if Gary Danielson ever witnessed Alabama do that to another team. And it would stand, and it would be celebrated. Kiffin would stand there crying and whining at the refs, and they'd shrug him off.

On the play Corral was on the sideline and was marked short of the first down they reviewed and correctly gave him a first down, theo could have lit him up, they would have called a personal foul. If a player can pull up like he is going out of bounds making it where you cant hit him, he should not then be able to take an extra step in bounds for a first down

it wasn't just one play that was called wrong - although it was an obvious theft of a TD. It was allowing Kiffin to make a mockery of injured player time outs week after week with our game being the absolute worst, not calling obvious holding on nearly offensive play they had the ball which allowed it to continue the entire game, not calling a blatant face mask penalty in the open a couple of yards from the official at the spot of a completed pass, a line official making the call on a ball placement he did not see since he was 20 yards vertically plus to the middle of the field away from the spot (about 30-35 yards), etc. etc.

The QB draws were brilliant schematically by Kiffin and our D did not spy the QB correctly. However, call the holding penalties as they should and more than half of those Corral runs don't happen. Byron Young would have been all over them.

Every time I see Curles and his crew call a game I know one of the teams is about to get screwed and it has been that way for years and years. It's not just us, it's been other teams as well. The national sports media has called it out for years. The SEC and Sanctimonious Sankey just don't care. We need to make them care and it needs to start in Boyd's office and work its way through the rest of UT. They need to align with some other schools who have been through the same thing and put the hammer down on Sankey - publicly. With his Texas/OU public relations debacle he cannot afford an open mutiny in the news.

The SEC at its core is a good ole boy system. Money has fancied up the exterior but until the heart of it is cleansed it will remain corrupt as hell.

A cleaning crew would have to immediately service the announcing booth if Gary Danielson ever witnessed Alabama do that to another team. And it would stand, and it would be celebrated. Kiffin would stand there crying and whining at the refs, and they'd shrug him off.

Sure it would. This is what some TN fans do to make themselves feel better. If it works for you, then go for it.

It would be so easy for a fan base as big as Tennessee’s to form a “business” or fan club of some sort. Fans pay annual dues and that money goes to sponsor high profile recruits that sign with Tennessee. Form a board to make decisions and create contracts that say, if we pay you, you have to sign with Tennessee and help raise annual $ for non-profits while you’re on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back