Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be blind...there is a fix. Sometimes I think it is just the crew as a whole doesn't like one team or the other, but I believe with all my heart that the league instructs them to protect the fat cows.
I don't think Ole Miss is a fat cow. If there was a fix, I believe it would benefit us. TN has the ability to bring more money than any other team in the conference. We are one of the highest revenue programs in the country right now and we've been terrible for 15 years.

I don't think Ole Miss is a fat cow. If there was a fix, I believe it would benefit us. TN has the ability to bring more money than any other team in the conference. We are one of the highest revenue programs in the country right now and we've been terrible for 15 years.

There is just a lot of hate for Tennessee. Nobody wants to see us good again and after what happened Saturday they love that they have a talking point that redirects from the clear officiating screw job we always get.

I suspect a fine will be handed down by Sankey, there will be no accountability on the officiating and we will be told to sit down and take it like good sheep and be good with all the calls next week at Tuscaloosa.

There is just a lot of hate for Tennessee. Nobody wants to see us good again and after what happened Saturday they love that they have a talking point that redirects from the clear officiating screw job we always get.

I suspect a fine will be handed down by Sankey, there will be no accountability on the officiating and we will be told to sit down and take it like good sheep and be good with all the calls next week at Tuscaloosa.
It is true that there's a lot of hate for us in Birmingham. Gee, I wonder why?

I'm going to piggyback on this and say we fake 30+ injuries on defense and make this game excruciating to follow. You want real change you go through Saban.
Anyone on here connected to the program? Pass these ideas on to Heupel and White tp do them for the Bama game!! Let’s start the movement to make a change. I say conference crews should be sent to other conferences to call games. When interconference games are played, have a crew from a neutral conference call it. If they don’t want to call games fairly, then the crews that call their conferences’ games will call them unfairly. That’s the only way every team will ever have a chance to get a fair shake.

But we are also the fanbase that made a public outcry against SchiaNO and nobody likes us.

it wasn't just one play that was called wrong - although it was an obvious theft of a TD. It was allowing Kiffin to make a mockery of injured player time outs week after week with our game being the absolute worst, not calling obvious holding on nearly offensive play they had the ball which allowed it to continue the entire game, not calling a blatant face mask penalty in the open a couple of yards from the official at the spot of a completed pass, a line official making the call on a ball placement he did not see since he was 20 yards vertically plus to the middle of the field away from the spot (about 30-35 yards), etc. etc.

The QB draws were brilliant schematically by Kiffin and our D did not spy the QB correctly. However, call the holding penalties as they should and more than half of those Corral runs don't happen. Byron Young would have been all over them.

Every time I see Curles and his crew call a game I know one of the teams is about to get screwed and it has been that way for years and years. It's not just us, it's been other teams as well. The national sports media has called it out for years. The SEC and Sanctimonious Sankey just don't care. We need to make them care and it needs to start in Boyd's office and work its way through the rest of UT. They need to align with some other schools who have been through the same thing and put the hammer down on Sankey - publicly. With his Texas/OU public relations debacle he cannot afford an open mutiny in the news.
Not to mention the bad spots that we were routinely getting all night. We were spotted 1-3 yards short several times. A few of us were mentioning it in real-time in the game thread. I know everyone else saw it. There were no less than 6, probably more.

One of my buddies said he heard of rumor that hooker tore his ACL I hope that rumor isn’t true
Honestly, the way he came down, leg planted, body shifted forward and down, that’s what it looked like to me. (I’ve torn my acl)
He jumped up, and it could have fully let loose when he tried to run off?! Lord I hope not!!

It is true that there's a lot of hate for us in Birmingham. Gee, I wonder why?

I absolutely cannot stand the front office is there and it seems like all the officials live there as well. It’s BS. After the 2019 game and personal fouls on Taylor and stopping the game so Bama could get set and flags thrown at opportune times to keep drives alive and kill our momentum was horrendous and embarrassing for the SEC yet nothing is done about it because Birmingham.

It literally drives me crazy and why I don’t think we will ever be good again, the homers in Birmingham won’t allow it.

I'm reading all these articles about "What has happened to Clemson?". Apparently, you can't have a rebuilding season in college sports anymore.

You can at normal schools but not at Clemson should your offense look like the Larry Scott JG offense in Butch final year with the #1 player in country from his class…y’all think Milton looks bad….watch a Clemson game this year they have no idea how to use him or he is massively overrated

This article is a day old, so I bet it has been posted here, but posting again just in case.

Saturday Night in Neyland Stadium Was About So Much More Than One Missed Call

Very proud of Big T at Barstool. Having a Tennessee grad working there has helped to level the ridiculous reputation that the national writers have spun against our program and fans. I've noticed over the past couple of years that he let the other guys working there haw haw at him and make their Tennessee jokes, and he's slowly turned them all, starting with Duggs last year. Smart guy.

We are 200+ miles away from that office and the primary enemy has it surrounded. They know from 75 years of history we are the only credible threat as the primary power broker in the SEC. Under Dickey we had as much influence as any conference member. Since then our university presidents and AD's have been horrid (with the notable exception of an interim president). We have not had anyone worthy of a seat at the adult table when the conference meets in some time. The rest of the conference took advantage of that. Our peers saw the opportunity to subjugate a threat. Our lessors saw an opportunity to leapfrog an "oppressor."

White can command a seat at that table. Boyd possibly could too, we'll see. Right now the only way we mitigate all the influences aligned against us is to be good enough that they cannot influence the outcome. We're not there yet, but everyone can see that it might finally be a real possibility.

So who does Heup roll with Milton or Bailey? Unpopular opinion, but I give Milton a shot next few weeks just because of depth issues and I will save Bailey for USA and Vandy.

We are @ Bama, @ UK, and then have UGA. There is no chance that BOTH Milton and Bailey survive behind that OL that is only going to get more beat up. We'll have to see both.

I can't see the team getting motivated to play with Milton. Maybe you line him up to get slaughtered by Bama, then spend the off week getting Bailey ready, and we'll see what we can do vs Kentucky.

That's a really tight spot for the staff to be in. I trust their preparation, though.

We are 200+ miles away from that office and the primary enemy has it surrounded. They know from 75 years of history we are the only credible threat as the primary power broker in the SEC. Under Dickey we had as much influence as any conference member. Since then our university presidents and AD's have been horrid (with the notable exception of an interim president). We have not had anyone worthy of a seat at the adult table when the conference meets in some time. The rest of the conference took advantage of that. Our peers saw the opportunity to subjugate a threat. Our lessors saw an opportunity to leapfrog an "oppressor."

White can command a seat at that table. Boyd possibly could too, we'll see. Right now the only way we mitigate all the influences aligned against us is to be good enough that they cannot influence the outcome. We're not there yet, but everyone can see that it might finally be a real possibility.
The only reason that we still play Bama is because Bama wants it. If not, the conference would have trashed that game/rivalry a long time ago.

Bama will forever be the golden child. They are taken care of play-by-play, game-to-game, year round, and even fought for when they call on the conference for backup.
Under Bama they favor UGA, Florida. I would put LSU in the group of teams that they actively favor, but I think it's more that they're turning the blind eye and that's as favored as that relationship can be (for now). But when LSU is "cleaner", they love that LSU represents passion and culture of SEC.
At the bottom they prop up Vandy enough for all of the obvious reasons. They'll take it easy on Vandy as long as Vandy wants to be around.

Whenever OU and Texas get here, they'll throw a fit when they see that they'll never be Bama-level. Particularly Texas. Could be some crazy drama in the conference meetings and behind the scenes because those Texas folks think they're the hottest thing ever. I think OU will slide into second place, or at least at level with Georgia in terms of preferential treatment.

A&M will become miserable. They'll be "you're in our conference, but we don't hold you up" territory with us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back