Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
OM doesn't deserve a 'good game.' Corral does but the refs robbed both teams of a good game. It would be a complete lie to congratulate a team for winning via referee.
We blew the game in our own right but we also had to battle the stripes and I’m one to never blame that bs. Tonight we got railed without lube

OM doesn't deserve a 'good game.' Corral does but the refs robbed both teams of a good game. It would be a complete lie to congratulate a team for winning via referee.

I do believe your emotions are clouding your judgement here my man.

The refs aren’t the only reason they won. They also won via their QB rushing for 195 yards. And our offense making their defense look like all stars in the first half.

Yes, plenty of bad spots on top of all that. Yet those have nothing to with Ole Miss.

I do believe your emotions are clouding your judgement here my man.

The refs aren’t the only reason they won. They also won via their QB rushing for 195 yards. And our offense making their defense look like all stars in the first half.

Yes, plenty of bad spots on top of all that. Yet those have nothing to with Ole Miss.

If a contest isn't fair it's dead. Taking a TD off the board 100 percent effected the outcome. Corral did well but there's no win when a game's outcome is changed by the refs.

You telling me your old ass ain’t do dumb sh** when you were in college? The kids have seen nothing but losing their entire life as Tennessee fans in big games and we got *****d over tonight on crucial calls and a muffed punt by velus. So stfu and get over it. Tennessee can afford the fine and should be damn proud the stadium sold out and the fans stuck around like they did until the final seconds ticked off the clock. You’re a clown and a hypocrite if you think otherwise because I can guarantee you acted the same if not worse at that age
Actually I didn't. So your guarantee is worth jack ****. I was a member of POTS when "I was their age". If we'd ever thrown anything Dr. Julian would have thrown our ass out. Also, you can go **** yourself. Playing internet tough guy isn't half as intimidating as you seem to think.

I really hope Jeremy Banks has nightmares about Corrall running up the middle and the center destroying him, tonight, because I will
Lol I’m not saying play dirty, but man…. Atleast one play just destroy the center….. just freaking full out run into him with everything you got lol, I’m sure he would think twice about trying to block you the next time. Also, Banks could of easily just got under the Center and always allowed him to just grab him it was the weirdest thing ever

Lol I’m not saying play dirty, but man…. Atleast one play just destroy the center….. just freaking full out run into him with everything you got lol, I’m sure he would think twice about trying to block you the next time. Also, Banks could of easily just got under the Center and always allowed him to just grab him it was the weirdest thing ever

Banks would do it but tbh, defense did a decent job of preventing OM from doing much points wise. Corral ran all over the field but wasn't nearly as productive as he could've been. Offense was just stagnant without RB1 and half the OL.

The refs screwed us. Not Ole Miss. Not our own team. Not our own cheerleaders or band who had to leave because of all the stuff raining down. You want to show your disdain, inundate the SEC office with complaints. Throwing **** didn't punish the refs. It didn't help our team. Hell, it certainly didn't help our image, which is one of the things Heupel has to try and rebuild. We're all pissed off at getting screwed over, but throwing **** didn't help in any way. Being frustrated doesn't give you the right to do stupid ****.

Actually I didn't. So your guarantee is worth jack ****. I was a member of POTS when "I was their age". If we'd ever thrown anything Dr. Julian would have thrown our ass out. Also, you can go **** yourself. Playing internet tough guy isn't half as intimidating as you seem to think.
Lol internet tough guy? How am I acting tough? You telling me you didn’t do dumb **** while in college? That’s pure hypocrisy. Talk all the dumb **** you want. But I don’t think what they did was right, but I also don’t blame them. Take your old ass to bed grandpa

Banks would do it but tbh, defense did a decent job of preventing OM from doing much points wise. Corral ran all over the field but wasn't nearly as productive as he could've been. Offense was just stagnant without RB1 and half the OL.
If Corrals receivers actually catch passes he has 3 more TDs.

Reactions: volfan4lyfe
Just want to say I’m so proud of our team and coaches. We fought our butts off last night against a ranked team and a corrupt conference and its refs!! We may not have called the best game at certain times, but once again, we had a game plan with limited players and a Swiss cheese OL that put us in position to win the game. We adjusted big time on offense at halftime. That’s all coaching. We have the coaches to take us where we want to be (as long as the corrupt SEC allows it). We just need to be a little patient, as they are playing with a very short deck. Keep fighting, Vols! You made us proud even in defeat last night!

GO VOLS!!!

1️⃣ - we had 4 possessions in the 2nd half with a chance to take the lead. We stalled each time.

2️⃣ - We knew before the season our Linebackers were razor thin. I so appreciate every one of them, but only one in the rotation is a bonafide SEC starter. Matt Corral put a big spotlight on that position and the coaching staff could not hide it last night.

3️⃣ - At one point, for a brief moment, in one of the above mentioned possessions, we had 3 back up OL in the game (one a walk on) and a walk on running back. I believe the Cade Mays injury may be the single biggest reason we lost the game. Hard to get a rhythm going and sustain a drive with OL breakdowns.

4️⃣ - the refs were awful. 100%. No argument here. But we’ve played in a lot of SEC games with putrid officiating. On occasion (rare), we have been the beneficiary. We still had opportunity to win the game. Once everything cools off, that’s what the coaches and players will be kicking themselves about.

5️⃣ - I’m not mad. I’m not into moral victories. None of the above is an excuse. We could have and maybe should have won last night. However, I am into observing culture. We’ve all watched a lot of Vol football through the last decade long debacle. Admit it. You expected on more than one occasion for us to surrender a knock out blow to Ole Miss and get beat by 3 scores. Times are changing. I like where Heupel is going.

Agreed. Kentucky is gonna take an Ass beating when Tennessee comes to Lexington
Refs won’t allow that either. Stoops and UK are a better feel good story than our team. They will be protected with an outside chance they could sneak into the playoffs if they win out. Sankey will make sure the refs call that game in favor of UK.

Consider this…

Let’s give Tennessee the 7 points from the fumble TD. Lets pretend you can just tack those onto the final score with us finding a safety somewhere in the game.

Before the game started, if someone would have told you we score 33 points in the game, would you have predicted a win or a loss?

I would feel pretty strongly that we lost.

Our defense did a VERY admirable job last night. So proud of their effort, and I think Heupel NAILED the hiring of his defensive staff.

Hopefully Heupel is good to work for / with, and he can avoid the big staff attrition his three predecessors experienced / created.

Louder then the Oklahoma game?
If it was, it was just for a moment here or there. The Oklahoma game was loudest for entire game if any game I’ve been to. That muffed punt really set us back in terms of keeping crowd & momentum.

Just want to say I’m so proud of our team and coaches. We fought our butts off last night against a ranked team and a corrupt conference and its refs!! We may not have called the best game at certain times, but once again, we had a game plan with limited players and a Swiss cheese OL that put us in position to win the game. We adjusted big time on offense at halftime. That’s all coaching. We have the coaches to take us where we want to be (as long as the corrupt SEC allows it). We just need to be a little patient, as they are playing with a very short deck. Keep fighting, Vols! You made us proud even in defeat last night!

GO VOLS!!!

Agree 100%

Football is a human endeavor so there has never been nor ever will be a day when we have a coach with whom we agree on every play call.

With that said, this patchwork team of players Heupel didn’t recruit sure play hard for him. I’m excited for what the future holds!

Go Vols!

I do not condone any actions of our fans with throwing items on the field. That should never happen. But how many years has it been that we have continued to be hosed by officiating? The touchdown taken off cost us the win. And letting another team fake injuries over and over with no statement is embarrassing. This University needs to grow a pair and speak up. I’m sick of it. I think tonight and going forward fans are tired of the mistreatment and obvious bias in officiating. I know I’m sick of it. It’s literally costing teams games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back