Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
More nugs: didnt get to see the defense do walkthrough but heard Theo is definitely starting…… didn’t think Simmons is suppose to play but he did do the hydration test today so there is a chance….. more bad news…..Cooper was not a full participant in practice but he did practice…. He was not in the part of the walk through he saw but not sure if he rotated in some.
Coop is playing

Ok serious questions. The lady i hit earlier had been in an accident recently and her back end was already messed up. She said the only thing that I messed up is her back up camera and there’s some rattling now that wasn’t before. We haven’t reported to insurance yet. Here’s the kicker, I also rear ended someone at the start of this year so I could get dropped from insurance for two accidents in a year. I asked if she was willing to negotiate on a price where we don’t report to insurance and she is willing. So what do I do?

Ok serious questions. The lady i hit earlier had been in an accident recently and her back end was already messed up. She said the only thing that I messed up is her back up camera and there’s some rattling now that wasn’t before. We haven’t reported to insurance yet. Here’s the kicker, I also rear ended someone at the start of this year so I could get dropped from insurance for two accidents in a year. I asked if she was willing to negotiate on a price where we don’t report to insurance and she is willing. So what do I do?
Maybe take some driving lessons...

What I’ve heard from Heupel in the last week –

Evans could have gone back into the game against South Carolina.

We’ll have everybody back this week with the exception of Mitchell.

Evans has been getting more work in practice as the week has gone on.

SECstats defines explosive run plays as 10 yards plus. 21.92% of Evans 73 runs are considered explosive, 20% of Whitehead’s 25 runs are considered explosive, 15.91% of Small’s 44 runs are classified as explosive, 16.67% of Hooker’s runs, including sacks, are deemed explosive.

Evans leads the running backs in broken tackles percentage at 42.47%, Small is at 22.73%, and Whitehead is at 32%. Hooker is at 51.52%.

Whitehead is the only running back right now with no negative yardage plays, Small has 1, and Evans has 4. For runs of 20+ yards, Evans is at 4.11% of his carries, Small is at 2.27%, Whitehead is at 4.00%, and Hooker is at 4.55% of his runs.

I suspect Evans if he doesn’t play won’t be because he can’t play. I suspect Heupel is just managing our roster to put us in the best position to compete going forward through the season. The thought occurs to me that we want Evans at 100% and hungry as hell going into Alabama.

I said after the Florida-Alabama game that I didn’t think Alabama was up to its usual standard this year, especially on defense. Last week Texas A&M matched their season high offensive output of 41 points against Alabama to win the game. The only other game they mustered that many points was against Kent State to open the season. In that game they hand King at QB. They were 3-2 when Bambi showed up in College Station. Texas A&M’s offense, both total and scoring, after their performance against Bambi, improved to 84th best in the nation.

In commenting about the A&M-Bambi game early last week I said the only advantage I thought A&M had was they’d be at home. Well, this week we’ll be at home but that won’t be our only advantage. It does however need to be an unbelievably overwhelming advantage. Last week A&M fans affected the outcome of their game; we will do the same this week, only more so.

We jumped out to a 35-0 lead on South Carolina last week and then sort of mailed it in from there. A couple weeks ago Alabama jumped out to a 35-0 lead on Ole Miss and finished the game off with a 4th quarter TD.

I watched Pittman’s Monday presser yesterday and he pointed out the same things I did in earlier comments that led to their loss to Ole Miss, missed a ton of tackles and busted coverages galore.

We’re having to manage a bunch of guys with bumps, bruises, strains, sprains, aches, and pains. There’s still a lot of football left to play this year. If Evans is dressed and on the sideline then obviously he’s an option this week, if not then no.

After the game last week, Jaylen McCollough was asked about his interception in the endzone, the play which according to Shane Beamer was the most critical play in the game and could potentially imperil South Carolina’s College Football Playoff hopes. Jaylen revealed that he’s been playing with a cast on his hand and that has cause him to have extra focus on catching the ball. It was his 3rd on the year and is 2nd most in the SEC. He said he has to squeeze the ball more when trying to make the catch. Velus Jones was sitting next to him. Velus said, "don’t take it off. You need to keep it on. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it."

We're inside the 48-hour preparation window before kickoff. No time for whining. Get locked in. #GBO

You heard all that from Heupel??

Quite a memory - and Heupel seems to have a keen interest in rather precise running back statistics...

Good write-up!

Don't trust strangers... report it

"These tests should no longer be required in the initial-eligibility standards. The tests are again being recognized as forces of institutional racism, which is consistent with their history, and they should be jettisoned for that reason alone; moreover, pragmatics also support this change."

Relativism reigns. Educational standards favor certain groups, so eliminate the standard. Brilliant.

Since the standards are known and widely published, and some groups still fail to perform, this tacitly admits some groups are simply more fit than others at performing to that standard. Try to have that conversation and see how it goes. While I completely understand that there are things taught in schools that may not have relevance to a future career, STEM subjects are very objective and in no way favor one group over another. By continuing to water down the standard to mask the differences between educational performance of one group vs another, you are dooming certain groups from ever succeeding in an increasingly wide area of the economy. The soft racism of lowered expectations is far more destructive than the overt racism some have faced in the past.

Last edited:
He is not 100% so hopefully he doesn’t have to leave the field again.

If he can get 10 touches it will be beneficial. Evans needs to be spelled from time to time. Whitehead has filled in well though so I wouldn't be shocked if he got some carries as well. There should be plenty to go around in this game with Ole Miss' trash run D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back