Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I would argue it’s also a socioeconomic issue as well.
I can go to McDonald’s and for 5 bucks get a whole meal.
Have you ever bought all natural, organic foods at Fresh Market? It’s very expensive in both dollars and times to eat healthy home cooked meals, at least in contrast to the convenience and low cost of grabbing burgers on the way home.
I have never purchased anything organic nor do I ever plan too….. it’s something I never plan to do in my lifetime….. that and never going to splash country are two of my things on my anti- bucket list.

You sure about that? In the video of the company surprising the byu walk-ons, he literally says he’s making them “employee #_____”. It’s most likely a bunch of independent contractor deals, given that the players are providing advertising and marketing assets, not tax deductible donations.
Maybe you are right.

And I would argue it’s also a socioeconomic issue as well.
I can go to McDonald’s and for 5 bucks get a whole meal.
Have you ever bought all natural, organic foods at Fresh Market? It’s very expensive in both dollars and times to eat healthy home cooked meals, at least in contrast to the convenience and low cost of grabbing burgers on the way home.
And most people don't realize that many people in the lower socioeconomic category don't actually know how to cook (or how to cook the healthy options).

My mom used to help our county's home ec/nutrition employee hold cooking classes at the housing authority when I was younger. I'd go too. As a kid there was basic cooking knowledge that I had that adults had no idea of.

Disjointed families and lack of generational knowledge passed to Gen X and younger, coincidentally (or as a consequence of) aligning with the rise of fast food joints.

I’m not sure the genes needed to accommodate affluence are in our DNA. We store fat for, no pun, lean times. Our bodies still want us to consume as though food is a scarce resource even though it isn’t for most of us. If we eventually evolve to harness that abundant energy we are going to be a bunch of big brained Marshawn Lynch lookin Einstein He-men (or She-rahs)

As long as I get a Battle Cat I'm ok with that! I'm actually one of the genetic anomalies that can eat whatever I want, not exercise and not gain weight. I'm pretty sure I'd have struggled mightily in famine eras and that's why my genes are rare rather than more plentiful but I really want that Battle Cat. :D

Wow. You are making him even goofier than I already think he is.

LMAO. I've stared at that Batman pic too much but it's not my fault people keep using it. In all seriousness, I'd totally hang out with nerdy Iron Man guy as long as he wasn't creepy bitcoin hooker murderer guy.

yeah you can….. only very few will though
Look at the math. Fast food and unhealthy eating easily puts 2,500-3,000 calories/day in someone. With a BEE of 1,500, still have to burn 1,500 calories/day just to keep same weight.

An exercise regimen that burns 1,500 calories/day would be near impossible for someone who really just eats unhealthy fast foods.

Can it be done? Sure, but burning 500 calories/hour is still a three hour workout.

Eh Heupel looks kinda goofy but in a good way. He's the nice guy at the company picnic with the killer collection of movie props and comic books that everyone is secretly jealous of and I'm fairly sure he's in one of my mmo guilds and/or attends ren fairs. He builds the coolest armor and weapons, you've ever seen. :)
🤣

Re-watched the Tech game, I know the OL has been pretty underwhelming in run blocking but in a lot of the cases I've seen the hole is there but the RB's aren't seeing them quick enough.
I've not been nearly as impressed with our rb's as many here have been.

And I’d argue that it’s mostly laziness of choosing to eat unhealthy food. Unhealthy food is easy. For the amount of time driving to a fast food joint, sitting in a line, that person could spend that time at home prepping a healthy meal for their needs.
Two different issues we're talking about. I'm saying you could eat fast food every day if you ran an hour a day.

Look at the math. Fast food and unhealthy eating easily puts 2,500-3,000 calories/day in someone. With a BEE of 1,500, still have to burn 1,500 calories/day just to keep same weight.

An exercise regimen that burns 1,500 calories/day would be near impossible for someone who really just eats unhealthy fast foods.

Can it be done? Sure, but burning 500 calories/hour is still a three hour workout.
I know the math…. Besides being young…. It was why I was able to eat anything I wanted when I was a teenager……I played sports outside from morning to night….. Have seen some of the professional athletes meals…… some consume 15,000 calories in a sitting.Most people can’t outwork a bad diet bc we sit/lie for the majority of our day.

I know the math…. Besides being young…. It was why I was able to eat anything I wanted when I was a teenager……I played sports outside from morning to night….. Have seen some of the professional athletes meals…… some consume 15,000 calories in a sitting.Most people can’t outwork a bad diet bc we sit/lie for the majority of our day.
I will agree with that. And the youth part as well. As people age, very difficult to maintain metabolism and if you are eating a lot of fast food, you obviously are not taking time to work out.

Exercise isn't just about burning calories in the moment, it's also about raising your metabolism. I was eating 3000+ calories a day before COVID ruined my appetite, and that was just to maintain my weight. If America weren't so sedentary, eating bad food wouldn't be as bad of an issue.

Exercise isn't just about burning calories in the moment, it's also about raising your metabolism. I was eating 3000+ calories a day before COVID ruined my appetite, and that was just to maintain my weight. If America weren't so sedentary, eating bad food wouldn't be as bad of an issue.
This is the truth

Couldn't disagree more. Some people absolutely can. Every body is different, but I'd say more people than not can out exercise a bad diet.

It's easy as hell to intake more than you can possibly burn in a day even if you spend the entire day exercising and have a high metabolism. We have made that not only possible but very easy to accomplish. "Bad" diet as in eating crappy food or too much of it isn't the same as a bad diet that includes some of the caloric monstrosities we have today.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Don't get me wrong I think the group has a ton of potential and it could have just been a bad day, but if you go back and watch the OL and tight ends were creating some gaps.
They aren't bad, they're young and not of the caliber we've seen here recently. Depth is a problem, we probably need to bring a transfer in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back