Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saban won't be there another 5 years. When he is gone bama is back to 6-6 and 7-5 seasons like they are supposed be

No way. Bama might not always be THIS dominant, but they'll almost guaranteed 10 wins a year as long as they don't hire a complete idiot

The NCAA set up this officials mess by not having a national operation for the hiring, policy/procedures, training, assignment, and termination of same. Letting conferences and independents do their own things and interpret their own ways without recourse for cronyism and corruption takes the game down a bad path IMO. There's enough money in the game to centralize and standardize the officials and how they administer games, which will improve the quality and consistency.

I saw it do this type stuff in my career in the business world. The economy would explode with new products and innovation. However, there are rules (laws/regulations) to that game as well. Even the regulators would join in the fun and allow things to happen they shouldn't. They knew it would be a detriment to certain aspects of society and other industries by bending the regs/laws, but fell into the trap. Most of them wanted higher paying jobs in the industries they regulated. So if they ignored this or that and misinterpreted this or that reg a little - no harm, no foul, right?

We have laws on the books, like rules of a football game, that were ignored or misinterpreted to protect the cronyism. That led to corruption and eventually to bubbles that blew the overall economy up and we all suffered as citizens for the excesses of the few. The few that later found roles/employment elsewhere with their cronies to live another day and rinse/repeat what they do.

Same deal in CFB and other sports. They can fix it. They choose not to. The only way to change it is to expose it, call it out loudly, and handle it with how you spend your money. The later is what they understand the most. Your choice.

I mean if you want to tag me for one good catch, I’m gonna tag you every time he screws up. So far I’m winning. Oh, and he fumbled again.

I was there and on that play we had a blocker ignore blocking the guy who was flying up and blasted Hooker. Vicious hit and the blocker wanted no part of the guy. Fumble was on the pathetic missed block. After seeing Bailey, he is NOT ready yet.

Man, helmets have really changed. . . I remember the "cheese-pack", the "air-pack" and the double "air pack". I saw the Schutt being used yesterday and looked them up, pretty wild changes from the 80's-00's.

View attachment 395553

New Schutt:

New VICIS ZERO2:

New VICIS for designed for linemen:
View attachment 395554

Old Riddell:

newest iteration of helmets... love how wide open the mask is456FD6CA-DFC4-427B-BDF7-056E194FBD36.jpeg

The NCAA set up this officials mess by not having a national operation for the hiring, policy/procedures, training, assignment, and termination of same. Letting conferences and independents do their own things and interpret their own ways without recourse for cronyism and corruption takes the game down a bad path IMO. There's enough money in the game to centralize and standardize the officials and how they administer games, which will improve the quality and consistency.

I saw it do this type stuff in my career in the business world. The economy would explode with new products and innovation. However, there are rules (laws/regulations) to that game as well. Even the regulators would join in the fun and allow things to happen they shouldn't. They knew it would be a detriment to certain aspects of society and other industries by bending the regs/laws, but fell into the trap. Most of them wanted higher paying jobs in the industries they regulated. So if they ignored this or that and misinterpreted this or that reg a little - no harm, no foul, right?

We have laws on the books, like rules of a football game, that were ignored or misinterpreted to protect the cronyism. That led to corruption and eventually to bubbles that blew the overall economy up and we all suffered as citizens for the excesses of the few. The few that later found roles/employment elsewhere with their cronies to live another day and rinse/repeat what they do.

Same deal in CFB and other sports. They can fix it. They choose not to. The only way to change it is to expose it, call it out loudly, and handle it with how you spend your money. The later is what they understand the most. Your choice.
Excellent post. I also really believe it should be a full time job, if it is not already. Make it so that they spend the time they are not reffing the games, coordinating, learning, training, etc. to standardize the process and to improve their craft.

This WR rotation is extremely puzzling.

For example game1 VJ barely played.

11 played very little yesterday

yesterday 9 didn’t play much if any until the second half.

did 9 play the first half? maybe suspended for a half?

Excellent post. I also really believe it should be a full time job, if it is not already. Make it so that they spend the time they are not reffing the games, coordinating, learning, training, etc. to standardize the process and to improve their craft.

100% agree. Make it a career. The money is big enough now to handle it right. It levels the playing field, which runs counter to what the cronyism wants.

It's the only way we and many other schools make it all the way back to the highest levels of competition IMO. For example, how many times have you seen the most abused potential penalty dictate what happens in a game - offensive holding? That call or non-call makes or breaks games. Posters on here rail about it frequently. We saw Pitt get by with it the entire game with that ACC crew. We lose because no consistent pass rush on Pickett who has a career type day. Bama, Ohio State, etc. all get by with it every single game. Make officiating uniform throughout CFB with no regional/conference bias and penalties on full time, well paid officials who violate or are incompetent. Done.

You can't spell Hyatt and Callaway?

C'mon bruh

Honesty Hyatt is a hard one lol

I get Calloway and holiday confused. I think it’s because we had M Calloway a few years ago

besides I don’t understand posters getting upset with numbers. It’s easier to post quickly and I feel certain posters here know the players numbers when the positions are being discussed at least the skill players anyways

Reactions: crazyguy

I get Calloway and holiday confused. I think it’s because we had M Calloway a few years ago

besides I don’t understand posters getting upset with numbers. It’s easier to post quickly and I feel certain posters here know the players numbers when the positions are being discussed

Confusing 9 with 6? Might ease up on the alcohol during the game. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: #1GatorHater
This WR rotation is extremely puzzling.

For example game1 VJ barely played.

11 played very little yesterday

yesterday 9 didn’t play much if any until the second half.

did 9 play the first half? maybe suspended for a half?
Prob health related

400 yards of total offense. Hooker threw for nearly 200 and 3TDs, rushed for another TD and 64yds. 7 total offensive TDs. A defensive shutout. Both sides of the ball did their jobs and executed.... some people are still mad? Or at least complaining about Hooker?

Like... yeah it was Tenn Tech and he had a fumble but.... look at Kentucky and UTC... guarantee we would've blasted UTC too.

Confusing 9 with 6? Might ease up on the alcohol during the game. 🤣🤣🤣

Lol. I never confuse the numbers just the names

My brain says “9 is the good one but that isn’t collaway, he plays for the saints and is doing well there”

anyways these damn 11am games aren’t allowing for drinking

Next week however is an different story. It 6 gets in the game I may be yelling “throw the damn ball to Copeland”

Reactions: utvolmaniac

besides I don’t understand posters getting upset with numbers. It’s easier to post quickly and I feel certain posters here know the players numbers when the positions are being discussed at least the skill players anyways
Lol I'm just messing with you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back