Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there something else going on in Knoxville this weekend? Hotel rooms are crazy expensive for a game like TTU.

It doesn’t even feel like we have a game Saturday. Sucks playing nobodies. Feels like a bye week
I’m pretty excited to watch a glorified scrimmage. Coming at a great time. The coaches were able to see problems we have in live games, and now have a chance to fix them in live action without having to worry too much about game plan and winning the game

Recently changed jobs and went from a 17” mac with the touchbar to a 13” mac without.. I feel like I’ve gone back in time 20 years
That's just sad for work. I do well to use my 17" laptop just for music producing. But if I don't have dual 22+" monitors when doing real work...might as well not even.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
That's just sad for work. I do well to use my 17" laptop just for music producing. But if I don't have dual 22+" monitors when doing real work...might as well not even.

Wanted the surface pro so I could take it with me in the car on trips and still mess around with photoshop and illustrator with that stylus. I’m stoked to mess around with it later

Reactions: Devo182
It doesn’t even feel like we have a game Saturday. Sucks playing nobodies. Feels like a bye week
Normally...maybe (though I love a UT win any way it comes) but we legit need a qb to settle in. We absolutely need this.

Besides...for UT fans this isn't a game between UT and TN Tech. It's a game among the Milton Militia, Hooker's Heroes, and Bailey Bros.

My point was the coaches may have never known Dobbs was a gamer if the QBs in front of him never got hurt. He may have transferred before year 3 if he had to wait behind the practice warrior QBs.

IIRC, Dobbs first appearance was the 2nd half against Bama where he led TN to a couple TDs which was light years better than the QBs ahead of him did against Bama. His 2nd appearance was USCJr where he directed a miraculous comeback for the win. So no matter his early stats, the coaches were forced to find out he was a gamer and should have been QB1 all along.
Dobb's parents wanted UT to redshirt him in his first year. That was the plan until it wasn't and the rest is history.

I just took a job as a substitute teacher while I’m in a program to get my teaching certificate post-degree.. which is me basically admitting defeat on my history degree being useful for anything other than teaching

But I asked some of my old teachers at my high school what I’m walking into and he said it’s a hell hole. It’s the biggest school in the state, and very diverse. Racial tensions “haven’t been this high here since the early 90’s.”

Great.

what else would you do with a history degree?

I do at least have two 27” monitors so that’s where I get most work done, but I do miss being able to be remotely productive while traveling

Reactions: Devo182
Lol you say what you want, but blaming the game on one person is ridiculous 😂. What about Hookers two turnovers or Jeremy Banks 15 yd penalty that allowed Pittsburgh to score or the terrible execution on 4th and 1…..

But again, you have an agenda.
Yes to point out 21 points to 0 in the first would have crushed their will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back