Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
#overprotectiveDad

Pitts are very good dogs. They are big sweethearts, but have gotten a horrible reputation because of idiots who train them to be dangerous. Kind of like guns in that way. If you use a pittbull for violence, they will be violent. If you use them the right way and give them love and train them to be sweet boys and good girls then that is what they will be. All in how they are treated.

Throwing this out there into the universe hoping it takes root and makes it's way to someone in the renovation process but the warning track around the wall would look banging if it was checkerboard.
giphy.gif

That looks awesome!!!! How far out do you need to book?

In general it is good to book out 4-5 months in advance. If you can do earlier then do it.

The really hot weeks for 2023 will start booking in about 1-2 months. People tend to plan out their trips about a year in advance.

That seems to be the trend.

Although we normally have some pockets open on some random weeks in Aug/Sept.

Here is the main website for the house:

Caesar Falls Villa

Feel free to email me with questions (anyone for that matter) - happy to help out some VFLs looking to party in Orlando.

Very kind to offer. It's always a challenge to find overnight parking for loads that size. I'll definitely keep that in mind as we plan the route. It's going to Lake Murray.

Here I thought you might be taking it to Grand Lake. I know it's slightly over 10 hours (source: my wife is in Maryville right now) from here to E. Tennessee, which IIRC is about the limit of what a tractor trailer driver can run in a day. I'm not posting my work information on here (too many heatherns), but if you wanna drop your email, I'll shoot you the details.

Weekend observations…..

1). Evan Russell and family are special people. I pray God continues in this healing process. I know he is being used. Will be great to see how this plays out. He will be instrumental in our “Run for One”.

2). Earlier in the year our plate discipline was unreal. We were able to drive the pitch count up and get to second level pitchers in the 4-6 inning vs 5-8. We need to get back to that.

3). Not worried about our defense….Lawson had a tough night (some of which was not his fault).

Enjoy the ride….it’s going to be fun!

In our last 7 games (SEC Tournament + NCAA Regional) our scoring average on the year (9.4 runs per game) suggests we should have scored 66 runs across those 7 games. We did in fact score 66 runs across those 7 games.

Our opponents based on their scoring averages on the year should have scored 54 runs over the course of those 7 games. They scored 23, less than half their averages.

So we went from a 4 game 35-10 triumphant run in the SEC tournament to a 31-13 sweep of the Knoxville regional while hosting 2 of the top 10 offenses in the country, so they said.

So here’s my question. Much was made of the fact that there was going to be 3 top 10 offenses in the Knoxville regional, but really, how many of those offenses were actually real?

I mean, okay, so let’s say LNS is widely known as a friendly stadium for high scoring offenses. What happened? Did they not show up? Was it Covid? Was it the heat? Maybe our visiting players were smoking too many Marlboro cigarettes in their dugout?

Or maybe they couldn’t beat our pitching and fielding.

A note on Notre Dame – Two of the biggest differences I could find between our teams are On Base Percentage (we’re 4th best in the country and ND is ranked #122) and pitching. ND has 3 pitchers with an ERA below 3, we have 11. Of course we do have 150 home runs to their 68. We’re ahead in fielding percentage and WHIP, really just about every category. Of course in some things when you’re #1 in a category you’re going to be ahead of everybody by default, like in WHIP or say Slugging percentage, the latter of which ND ranks #66 behind #6 Georgia Tech, #7 Campbell, #13 Tennessee Tech (lol), #16 LSU, #31 UF, #33 Ole Miss, #58 Miss State, just to name a few.

Right now we're #1 in RPI, Vanderbilt is #6, and ND has moved up to #7. We've played Vanderbilt 4 times this year and won all 4 games by a combined score of 26-5. Now ND has as noted a few good pitchers but so does Vanderbilt. Their team ERAs are almost exactly the same and according to RPI Vandy played the toughest schedule in the country. ND SOS is at #50.

I’m not suggesting ND has a really bad baseball team. I’m just saying I’ve looked and looked and looked and for the life of me I can’t find a single commentator or opposing coach that says this ND team may be the best college baseball team they’ve ever seen in their whole life. OTOH, well, you know. jmo.

We have an 11 game winning streak going. This weekend we probably push that to 13 then pack our bags for the trip to Omaha. jmo.

So here’s my question. Much was made of the fact that there was going to be 3 top 10 offenses in the Knoxville regional, but really, how many of those offenses were actually real?

I mean, okay, so let’s say LNS is widely known as a friendly stadium for high scoring offenses. What happened? Did they not show up? Was it Covid? Was it the heat? Maybe our visiting players were smoking too many Marlboro cigarettes in their dugout?

I’d guess Vols pitching staff having the lowest ERA in the entire country might have something to do with it.

Just a guess.

I don't know if this acct is run by anyone on here; but, my thoughts exactly...

This is the monster they made. So much ish had nothing to do with us and we were blamed for it over and over again. Now there's 20 years of credit that any player can spend with this fanbase and the basevols are spending it. I wish it were football but at this point I don't care what sport it is as long as it drives the jackasses that have hounded us nuts.

This is the monster they made. So much ish had nothing to do with us and we were blamed for it over and over again. Now there's 20 years of credit that any player can spend with this fanbase and the basevols are spending it. I wish it were football but at this point I don't care what sport it is as long as it drives the jackasses that have hounded us nuts.

My (21 year old) brother asked me the other day why TN is always the villain in any sport. Or how we have such disproportional amount of game-altering officiating across all sports. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

We aren't anymore irrational than Florida, LSU, Auburn, etc. And in my experiences at multiple SEC stadiums, arenas, fields we are significantly more friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back