Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
From R/CFB - Kentucky RB Chris Rodriguez

Some fans on r/cfb are speculating on whether this story involves drugs, gambling, or mob enforcer duties. lol

Most seem to think it's probably evasion of taxes.

You obviously hate to see it. jmo.

View attachment 460497
View attachment 460498
View attachment 460499
View attachment 460500
View attachment 460501
burn-muppet.gif

Did you have this same opinion before he died?
Yes, I have followed his career for years. He is just a couple of years older than me. He thinks like my generation. He had a great understanding of history and was a great lover of Russian literature. Dennis Miller along with most SNL alums who worked with him considered him a genius. He was funny in real life and on stage. He was not an actor, he was pure comedian.
YouTube has many of his Letterman and Conan late night appearances. Comedy gold

Just be careful who you play Jeselnik around...the guy has the most brutal jokes. I'd say he goes further than any comedian I've ever heard. Way past Pryor and the oldheads. It's too much for a lot of folks. It's funny though if you can remember...it's just a joke.
He is who I bring up when people whine about comedy and cancel culture. If you are funny and have wit, you are bulletproof.

My list would go
1. Chappelle
2. Murphy
3. Hart
4. Rickles
5. Norm
6. Burr
7. Dangerfield

I do feel like I am missing someone though
I don't get the Chappelle love. I mean I enjoy him but if he didn't have that genius show would his stand up even rate? His last specials aren't that good imo. Chris Rock is better.

Nate Bergatze is my favorite clean comic. Theo Von is my favorite comedy podcaster, followed closely by Chris Delia
Theo is better in a conversation, I feel. His comedy shows feel like they lose some of his wildness when he just riffs.

Bargatze has a chance to become on many all time lists. He's good.

Reactions: gainesvol82
On the comedian talk... if you haven't seen the video of Bill burr absolutely annihilating Philly on everything about the city after they booed him... you are missing out. He roast everything , thier sports teams, everything. Give it a listen
That Philly crowd had cut short the preceding comic’s set. Bill came out swinging and the mob was his by the end.

Yes, I have followed his career for years. He is just a couple of years older than me. He thinks like my generation. He had a great understanding of history and was a great lover of Russian literature. Dennis Miller along with most SNL alums who worked with him considered him a genius. He was funny in real life and on stage. He was not an actor, he was pure comedian.
YouTube has many of his Letterman and Conan late night appearances. Comedy gold
I’ve seen most of his stuff. He was really good at what he did. I’ve never heard a bad word about him as a person

Theo is better in a conversation, I feel. His comedy shows feel like they lose some of his wildness when he just riffs.

Bargatze has a chance to become on many all time lists. He's good.
Agreed.. that’s why I said he’s my fav comedic podcaster. I think the king, the sting and the wing is about as good as it gets in that genre. I’m not as crazy about this past weekend (when it’s just him), or his standup(some of his bits are legendary though)

Reactions: itsme
On the comedian talk... if you haven't seen the video of Bill burr absolutely annihilating Philly on everything about the city after they booed him... you are missing out. He roast everything , thier sports teams, everything. Give it a listen
Yeah, that’s awesome

Yeah, probably just poor choice of words. Coaching is important, but total package is why you should pick a school. Coaches leave, but in today’s world, so do student athletes.

He’s a transfer…he wouldn’t have come here if he didn’t like it. The coaches are the reason the program is in this position. People, people, people make a program. I would suggest listening to the interview as opposed to forming an in opinion on a short tweet. I saw the interview… he said, the ability to use the transfer portal was “one of the biggest blessings of my life…” and “Tennessee is one of the best places you will ever be.” He urges others to “take a chance.” Then he proceeded to praise his coaches.

We pick doctors, lawyers, financial advisors, etc. based on relationships…why should college kids be any different?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back