Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ralph’s Donuts is in Cookeville. Worth a stop if you ever passing through, butter twists 🤤 probably the best donut I’ve ever had.
Forest City, NC. Davis Donut House. Get the orange twists.

Owned by a vol fan. Guy on 247 would bring them to our Carolinas meetups and they quickly became the thing of legends.

Hahaha you don’t even know me dude. I hope you’re life’s going well.

Lol, no complaints on my end. I’m not the one letting a possible QB ruin my day 😂, also not the one who hasn’t read the board where it was reported Hooker is playing and they are resting Milton.

Take your negative self and GIT

If he marches out there on the first possession I’ll just do something else today lol

Dumb take. Anyone can see why they want him to play. The potential of the offense if things click with his deep ball he takes offense to another level. You got to let him work through it. Whether that is as starter or backup I don’t care but you can’t write the kid off because he is needed in SEC play for us to be as successful as possible. If he can hit the deep ball we become much harder to defend. I hate all this picking a qb side and hating everyone else crap. Pull for this kids to get better

Lol, no complaints on my end. I’m not the one letting a possible QB ruin my day 😂, also not the one who hasn’t read the board where it was reported Hooker is playing and they are resting Milton.

Take your negative self and GIT
My day isn’t ruined, I’d just rather do something else with my one day off than watch Milton overthrow our receivers by 30 yards. I work 15 hours a day, I don’t get much time throughout the week to see what’s going on hence why I asked in this thread. Thanks for the information though.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Dumb take. Anyone can see why they want him to play. The potential of the offense if things click with his deep ball he takes offense to another level. You got to let him work through it. Whether that is as starter or backup I don’t care but you can’t write the kid off because he is needed in SEC play for us to be as successful as possible. If he can hit the deep ball we become much harder to defend. I hate all this picking a qb side and hating everyone else crap. Pull for this kids to get better
He’s got superstar potential.
Hopefully it clicks for him one day

My day isn’t ruined, I’d just rather do something else with my one day off than watch Milton overthrow our receivers by 30 yards. I work 15 hours a day, I don’t get much time throughout the week to see what’s going on hence why I asked in this thread. Thanks for the information though.
Freak does these awesome things called YouTube videos after every win. You could just not watch the game and if you decide to watch us beat them at some later point just go and watch the YouTube video.

agreed

imo Milton is our only shot to win next week even if it’s a small chance. I just don’t see 5 being able to win more than 5-6 games

Let's do. Bookmark that post and set to reminder after any loss for the upcoming 5 years.

We need to be eyeballing our strategic vision toward the late 2020s at this point and I would much rather hope that means we are in ~Y6 of Hype , even if that means ups and downs...even a barely above .500 record in 6 years (yeah I said it) than to be on our 3rd or 4th HC of the decade.

We can Johnny our way out from this like we did before. There's a formula and the past 13 years ain't it.

Good post. Agree, although I don't think it will take as long as Johnny or a Ferentz type deal because Heup is an innovator on one side of the ball and seems to understand the transfer portal and NIL. I think it is a 4-6 years type deal. Find as good or better Gabriel for QB and some receivers who can get the job done with the T-Evans type RB to run that O. Hold onto Banks and Garner at all costs. Those two know what they are doing and can win you some games with D once they get their guys.

Heup is the right type of guy to get along with Vol fans and the money guys. He fits in here and will get more comfortable over time. He knows the history and the loss fatigue we have. Being a great family man creating a fun, family environment with the program is perfect. It all adds up. Having met Joey, Dools, Botch, and Cornbread due to VFL friends at the football complex - none of them personally fit in the culture here and it was obvious in 10 minute discussions while observing them at the events. Joey was the closest. Just too Cali, young and brash to pull it off. Dools and Cornbread were as different as could be, but major league arrogant jerks. Botch was a psycho salesman. The only way you could not see it with each would be due to coach worship.

There are only two things I will hold Heup accountable. The first is recruiting and utilizing a successful QB. Period. The single most important thing that must happen with each team. The second is staff continuity. I understand turnover will happen. Replace with as good or better. Period. He has the resources to do both of those things. I have confidence he knows how to win and keep the pedal down with the program.

Daughter is ready. Her arm got stuck on the last arm hole and I put it down and she goes "ugh... Being beautiful hurts sometimes"
View attachment 395281
Kids are awesome…. I was talking to my son about how we were going to start eating healthier and exercising more…. He plays center and defensive end on his football team… he is stocky but not fat at all….. he looked up at me and goes….. I can be fat playing center. LOL

Forest City, NC. Davis Donut House. Get the orange twists.

Owned by a vol fan. Guy on 247 would bring them to our Carolinas meetups and they quickly became the thing of legends.
I live near there…. I will try to check it out…. My son went to state with a mixture of kids from forest city, rutherfordton, and Boiling Springs…. Isn’t the forest city owls baseball team run by someone with Tennessee ties?

agreed

imo Milton is our only shot to win next week even if it’s a small chance. I just don’t see 5 being able to win more than 5-6 games

Milton didn’t win more than 6 games in a season in HS and his record at Michigan (when he played) was 8-6 combined 3 season. Kid is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back