Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're supposedly "tamper proof" stickers. They're not supposed to just come off.

I personally don't think they were ever put on by Vandy, and I said that last night. I think it was "gamesmanship" on behalf of Corbin. TV said multiple times, "I've never heard of stickers coming off, but somehow we managed to have 3 more bats without new stickers." And he said all the bats were inspected by Vandy on Thursday.

What would provoke the catcher to inspect the sticker after a huge hit like that? And there's been series with Vandy where Corbin, iirc, has requested multiple bat checks.
That is not "gamesmanship" it is pure dishonorable cheating..

So someone help me understand the sticker situation.

We give them our bats and they give us theirs?
We test and sticker their bats, and they test and sticker ours? And they're "tamper-proof" stickers. They don't just "fall off."

If that's the case, I wonder if Vandy purposefully didn't sticker a couple of bats, betting we wouldn't notice. Said, "Hey all good!" Then instructed the catcher to check bats after big plays in hopes of getting one back.
Beck said the sticker was on his bat but he saw it fly off during batting practice and he didn't think much about it since it had been inspected. They'll know better next time

So I know someone that has tried to join this site and have not been granted permission to post or like… anyone know why that would be?
Back in the day, there was a grace period before you could start a post but I don't remember what it involved. I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday though

The leader in HRs for all of last year was Arkansas with 109. That was 4 better than the runner-up, or about 4% better.

So far this year we lead the NCAA with 66. Second best only has 50, for a +16 margin. That also puts us 32% ahead of the next best team.

I get why opponents are skeptical when one team is that far ahead of the pack. I just hope we increase our lead even more and break all the damn NCAA records while they're in shock...they'll never realize they may just be watching one of the greatest teams in history.

Oh, and our #1 ERA is also 20% lower than the 2nd best pitching staff...

Just arrest the whole dang team 🤣

I can only imagine the swagger Vitello’s squad is gonna have tomorrow night. You know they’ll have some fun with the stickers. Maybe after every run a player slaps a sticker on the bulletin board in the dugout 😂
They should just put a bunch of stickers on their batting helmets just to piss off everybody

My take, he was a gambling addict, and there is no evidence he ever bet against his own team, and I believe from his effort that he bet only for his team to win every night and played as such.
He did not inject performance enhancing drugs into his body.
One seems forgivable, and one does not

We are impying some measure of being morally incorrupt before we can recognize someone was great at their craft. In this case the greatest

The Pete Rose Betting Scandal and Why He Should be in the Hall of Fame - Baseball Spotlight
Except that's a fallacy. He was never the greatest. He's a guy who played too long so he could break a record. At the end he was a singles hitter that was more a detriment to his team than an asset. But he still inserted himself into the lineup (remember, he was a player-coach at the end). That's not greatness, that's selfishness. And he broke the one rule in baseball that holds a very clear punishment. It's his own fault but he still refuses to own up to his mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back