Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished getting caught up on here since the game. Took 4 days but, by God I did it.

I think I may need therapy.

And a drink... Drinks... Multiple drinksss.

multiple shots of Grey Goose is called what?

Grey Geese, a flock, maybe, I'll have a flock of vodka please

Last edited:
Reactions: bigorange
Tony B said recruiting is going worse than expected so that’s neat.
Not sure why anyone thought we'd do well this year. We will end up with the worst recruiting class in Tennessees history since they started ranking them. This is the single biggest rebuild we've ever had though, gotta keep reminding myself it's a 4-5 year deal

Reactions: Jack Burton
This. ESPN+ is not needed, unless something has changed.

That said, if you wouldn't pay $7 to watch a UT game live...could never be me. That's like half a beer at Neyland and you'd get 30 for 30s and Peyton's places for an entire month too. Do like Shia Lebouf says.
Coming off the pandemic where a long people couldn’t work and businesses were lost, I no longer take $7 a month for granted. somenpeople just aren’t in a position to spend anything extra

Coming off the pandemic where a long people couldn’t work and businesses were lost, I no longer take $7 a month for granted. somenpeople just aren’t in a position to spend anything extra
Especially when Frank's YouTube UT Football Package is free.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Paste those links where it happened all season long.

Wasn't trying to suggest it was all season long but it also wasn't just a gimmick for a few plays. Articles I saw were from the AJC and some USCe paper. They referenced 6 games where he did it regularly throughout the game: '97 (FSU), '98 (UK, us & I can't remember the 3rd) and '06 (Ark & FSU).

My whole point was that it might be beneficial for Heupel to do that from time to time during games given the lack of continuity that exists and the deficiencies in the QB room.

Wasn't trying to suggest it was all season long but it also wasn't just a gimmick for a few plays. Articles I saw were from the AJC and some USCe paper. They referenced 6 games where he did it regularly throughout the game: '97 (FSU), '98 (UK, us & I can't remember the 3rd) and '06 (Ark & FSU).

My whole point was that it might be beneficial for Heupel to do that from time to time during games given the lack of continuity that exists and the deficiencies in the QB room.
It was a mess when spurrier did that…. We don’t need to rotate them like he did.

6 games over a coaching career doesn’t lend to that “flipping” comment in your previous post. I’ll assume you didn’t mean it in that context. My point is that it’s never been a valid strategy since Landry tried it with Morton/Staubach. Trick package? No issue…but that’s not what it sounded like in your OP.

It was a mess when spurrier did that…. We don’t need to rotate them like he did.
What made him great and innovative also was a fault. He never felt like any QB he coached measured up to his own Heisman performance. Sometimes he’d attempt to prove it. When he needed to WIN? He picked his guy and rode.

What made him great and innovative also was a fault. He never felt like any QB he coached measured up to his own Heisman performance. Sometimes he’d attempt to prove it. When he needed to WIN? He picked his guy and rode.
Yep this is true.

Dang recruiting is down the drain.

Stay with me KPT. Hear me out.

Huepel will kill it in the portal, this year and prob for the 2023 class. That's how we are going to get back. We are going to take the Mullen route (hopefully)

If he is smart, he would be doing that anyways..we lose a lot of seniors this year, if I'm not mistaken, and we don't have quality depth guys to start next year, or at least I don't trust any of them. So he needs to get 6-7 quality transfer players for next year.

Who do we likely end up with on signing day? We don't appear to be in it with many recruits and so many spots left.

Stay with me KPT. Hear me out.

Huepel will kill it in the portal, this year and prob for the 2023 class. That's how we are going to get back. We are going to take the Mullen route (hopefully)

If he is smart, he would be doing that anyways..we lose a lot of seniors this year, if I'm not mistaken, and we don't have quality depth guys to start next year, or at least I don't trust any of them. So he needs to get 6-7 quality transfer players for next year.
I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back