Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lineup was a mess because our bigs were in foul trouble. It was officiated better than most games this year, but there is just no consistency in the college game anymore.

Barnes was having to rotate bigs every few minutes because of foul issues, so it affects the game. Arkansas was in the bonus with 12 minutes left.
Arkansas shot about exactly the same amount of free throws as we did…. As for our bigs….. our biggest issue is being without Olivier…..He would give us 30 minutes a game…. Play good defense and only give up to 3 fouls a game typically…. Our other bigs especially Uros are more uncoordinated when it comes to defense….. remember the Villanova game…..Olivier played 27 minutes with three fouls while uros played 5 minutes and had 3 fouls.

Arkansas shot about exactly the same amount of free throws as we did…. As for our bigs….. our biggest issue is being without Olivier…..He would give us 30 minutes a game…. Play good defense and only give up to 3 fouls a game typically…. Our other bigs especially Uros are more uncoordinated when it comes to defense….. remember the Villanova game…..Olivier played 27 minutes with three fouls while uros played 5 minutes and had 3 fouls.
What was the difference in free throws for Arky in today's game vs in Bud Walton?

What was the difference in free throws for Arky in today's game vs in Bud Walton?
Arkansas shot 5 less free throws at Bud Walton Arena…. I do agree at bud walton Arena some of those charge calls were crap…. I have ran into a crew or two doing showcase basketball tournaments that are the same way…. They call almost every play like that a charge…. I hate it.

Arkansas shot 5 less free throws at Bud Walton Arena…. I do agree at bud walton Arena some of those charge calls were crap…. I have ran into a crew or two doing showcase basketball tournaments that are the same way…. They call almost every play like that a charge…. I hate it.
Yea. They need to get rid of the arc if they aren't going to call charges correctly. One thing I did notice today though our guys didn't leave their feet like they did last time against Arky. Didn't out refs in the position to make the call. I thought that was a good adjustment

Reactions: UTJoe
Yea. They need to get rid of the arc if they aren't going to call charges correctly. One thing I did notice today though our guys didn't leave their feet like they did last time against Arky. Didn't out refs in the position to make the call. I thought that was a good adjustment
Yeah….. we have to figure out how the refs are calling the game and adjust…. We didn’t adjust at all that game…. Glad we made that adjustment today…. We know that is the Hogs game plan….. have to be ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back