Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna put extra pressure on these guys to perform.
iu

So down the stretch we came in 2nd on all of these guys?:

Tolan (LSU)
West (FSU)
Nolen (A$M)
Agu (Vandy (!!) )
Gilbert (Auburn)
Scott (Auburn)
Jones (Michigan)
Igbinosun (Ole Miss)
Pearce (we are 2nd to “seeing what else comes along before NSD”)
Probably others I am forgetting

And we hit on only Webb (ECU), J Williams (WVU), and D Williams (Houston); and maybe flipped a Tulane commit in Jacas (assuming we can hold off mighty Illinois).

I like the guys we got, but we just flat out failed to close in a meaningful way. The guys we got were not being heavily recruited by SEC level programs, the guys we failed on were. Frankly, we simply did not recruit at the standard that is required.

There can be no sugar coating failing this badly down the stretch, especially with the positive momentum we had throughout the season.

CJH must make changes immediately — whether on his staff and/or in his recruiting philosophy. Recruiting at a high level in the SEC is blood sport. We have demonstrated down the stretch that we aren’t prepared to win these tough fights.

Get ready bro. You’re about to get clobbered. 😂

As for Agu.. I am told he committed to Clark Lea, not Vanderbilt. If that helps any.

Depends on who you ask around here. Some say yes. Some get VERY upset if you mention this as a possibility.

A. I think there are many more conventional explanations for the defensive recruiting woes. However, this explanation makes more sense if we also struggle to attract defensive transfers.

B. If it is the offense, then that’s a big problem, because the offense isn’t changing. Heupel without the offense doesn’t really have much to sell as a head coach.

Well yeah. Especially if you're going to sign ZERO of the Top 12 players in the state, you're gonna have to start casting a MUCH wider net.

When the top mentor program in your state is pushing the top players to get the bag elsewhere yeah your going to whiff. Free Kroger gas for life

Part of this is true. But, we got Kaleb Webb over Michigan and Justin Williams over AU. Those are high level programs. It’s defense that we’ve struggled to recruit. I think therein lies the problem

Our offensive haul is solid. Defense leaves much to be desired, which is why I do not think the investigation is playing a substantial role in this class. Our offensive philosophy (warp speed) is being utilized against us in defensive recruiting. If it were about the investigation it would affect both sides of the ball equally, I think. Who knows at this point.

Reactions: VolNash17
Our offensive haul is solid. Defense leaves much to be desired, which is why I do not think the investigation is playing a substantial role in this class. Our offensive philosophy (warp speed) is being utilized against us in defensive recruiting. If it were about the investigation it would affect both sides of the ball equally, I think. Who knows at this point.
Portal changes everything. Go crush the portal for defensive players. I would be calling Copeland and Diabute all the time.

Say a prayer for our family tonight, my Mother in law found out earlier today she did not have insurance to cover her storm damage. My brother in law and I will be doing the repairs beginning this weekend.

She's had a rough couple of years, her husband passed a year ago and my wifes older sister has been diagnosed with psychosis/schizophrenia. She's beyond stressed but this is where we get to be a blessing. I'll get firewood and she'll get repairs, we just need a slight break in the weather this weekend. That's where your prayers and best wishes come into play!
Prayers Sent

I'm good with either or both. Rocket ship the O next year and do contain on D until it is fully stocked. Another transition year anyway.
no excuses in '22-'23, we HAVE to land some big time players on D. We have the cruiters. no reason 6-6 Auburn or Arkansas gets high rated 3-4 star dlineman over us. Make it happen

Every school is trying to sell a culture, an Education and a chance to play on Sunday.( and now a cash deal as well for some of the best) I really think CJH and crew are going after what they need as far as, rebuild and need it now, while they also are trying to build a strong program from the linemen out and not star power in. All those fast RB, sure handed WR and strong armed OB's are useless unless the big boys give them a chance to perform or on the other hand stop or at least seriously disrupt everybody else's studs from performing.

Heupel’s ability to adapt will be crucial in terms of elevating our recruiting. The current model isn’t cutting it. Some may be do to the NIL issue, but other kids turning us down aren’t exactly world beaters by SEC standards.

It's like the gall dang walking dead got loose in here. Gotta root em out.
Contrary to popular belief in here, you can still be a die hard Vol fan and have concerns about the way this coaching staff recruits. Both can be true.

You can love the Vols and even believe in Heupel and still be concerned that:
  • The recruiting on the defensive side of the ball is struggling.
  • Our recruiting class is ranked behind South Carolina, Kentucky and Missouri.
  • We're coming in 2nd and losing tight recruiting battles to schools who don't even have a DC.
It's ok to admit you're concerned about these things. You don't have to turn in your fan card to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back