Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want the "big men" (Jeremy Pruitt accent) to get out there and get p.o.'d for greatness. Can you imagine the surge in attendance at the games and on this website if the team looked like it knew what it was doing tomorrow and put a smackdown on Pitt? I saw they are boasting about being in town and booing Vols in their own town.

duel-challenge.gif

I’m in town. Will buy beer, anyone want to take me and my girlfriend in to their tailgate?
Almost any tailgate will take you in if you offer them beer. Or what we used to do - just go around chatting up different tailgates, play some cornhole, etc. All vols are like bffs before the game.

All this Johnny stuff here lately got me thinking of him on the Johnny Majors Show always yelling at the replays like it was live.

”North to south! North to south!” And on and on he went.

Something that stood out to me in the Straight Ahead feature was when Coach Majors said the rebuild was going to take time and effort. We’re in the same boat today. It has to take time, dedication, and hard work. Perfect practice makes perfect, and that ain’t gonna happen overnight but we WILL get there.
What's interesting is the piece I linked about Neyland yesterday said the same. After he came back after the war, he told them it would take time to rebuild. People were apparently clamoring for a younger coach that didn't run the single wing. Patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back