Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re not closing that strong.This is and will always be Heupel’s down side. If you’re someone who thinks this guy is going to recruit top 5 or even top 10 classes every year it’s not going to happen.

The advantage we have over other teams is he’s a literal offensive genius. Case in point, Alabama took his game plan and executed it with better players and smoked GA. That’s our advantage now.

Everyone just needs to chill out and let the man do his thing. This 10-2 or whatever nonsense has to stop. The only expectation on this man next year is too beat Florida. It’s in our building, their program is sh!t just like ours, he has to be the guy to turn that series around.

We will eventually have to have the players to hang banners, but Heupel needs more to sell than himself. It’s going to take time.

Ok. A couple of observations.

Skipped ahead several pages to do this...

This is the RF...not th FF. People in the RF do things differently than the people in the FF.

First off we do NOT create a new thread for every thought in our mind.

Secondly...well f***...I don't remember the secondly...but it was a good one...I'm sure.

Thirdly... I probably should have started a new thread.
Well thanks a lot, I was right in the middle of creating a thread that asked ‘Just how many croots are we going to sign Wednesday and how many did we miss on?’ It was a sure fire thing.

Heup will get 4-5 years regardless and I think next years class will be good especially if Tn wins 8,9,10 games. Heup had a lot going against him this year with all the transfers and Tn was being negative recruiting against because the NCAA. I think the portal will be where he gets the help for next years team at.

The NCAA thing isn't likely to go away next year. This could go on for another year or more. The negative recruiting doesn't go away next year.

Reactions: SoilVol
It wasn’t the same result though this year with a first year head coach. Took a limited roster to 7-5 instead of 5-7.
Right, in year one with a team bought in. We've both witnessed what happens when the team stops buying in. The point still remains that to take the next level there must be improvement in the roster, both in depth and to a lesser degree talent. The fans aren't going to be happy with 7 and 8 wins, he's still going to have to find a way to improve and that's good to be a challenge. If not the end result is the same.

Reactions: VolNash17
Can’t really call this “closing” when there’s a bunch of prospects still not signing until February. And honestly I’m more concerned with portal guys this class. I wanted to see us get instant impact portal guys last year and this year and give the staff time to really make inroads with the 23 class.

I’ll say if 23 is a bad class, I’ll be a bit worried about recruiting but it’s off to a decent start.

Portal is most important for us right now. IMO.

Nope. We will be fine with what we are getting Wed., plus a bunch of transfers. With the way things are going , we might be best off with a smaller HS class this year.[/QUOTE]

Because we know all the portal players are looking at UT……
Hoping a few are

Right, in year one with a team bought in. We've both witnessed what happens when the team stops buying in. The point still remains that to take the next level there must be improvement in the roster, both in depth and to a lesser degree talent. The fans aren't going to be happy with 7 and 8 wins, he's still going to have to find a way to improve and that's good to be a challenge. If not the end result is the same.

Yea, but it’s clear that he doesn’t need the uber talented guys to develop. I’m not going to whine about 8 wins right now. Heupel is here for a while. Got to accept it and support the staff.

It shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re not closing that strong.This is and will always be Heupel’s down side. If you’re someone who thinks this guy is going to recruit top 5 or even top 10 classes every year it’s not going to happen.
I see no basis for this claim. His staff recruited at the top of the league at UCF - so not sure where the evidence is that he/his staff can't recruit. Recruiting is going exactly as it should probably go at this point AND hes been recruiting against the whole NCAA deal.

Currently sitting at 18th in the country and 8th in the SEC before ESD, which is on par with our last coach who was considered a "great recruiter."

We still have no idea if we will pick up any surprises on ESD, who we will close on in February, or what transfers we end up with.

Lets see what the class looks like when the smoke clears before we make blanket statements on his recruiting prowess. It's kinda like saying Hooker can't throw a downfield pass before his first start... kinda dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back