Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly forced it in an attempt to be funny. If he wasn't a toolbag and if the Catholic church didn't have a long history of executing people then maybe it would've been more funny.

Actually.... that latter part makes it funnier
I don’t understand your Catholic point. Every time there’s an execution in the US, the Pope is out front and center pleading for clemency. The church itself hasn’t conducted an execution since Venice was a country.

I don’t think he played well just not as bad as I had originally thought….. he was pretty good early and mad a couple of really really good throws…..he was off deep but had been really consistent in practice with his deep throws so hopefully he will play the next game like he does in practice.
I thought that same. And if Hyatt catches the 2 across the middle we all probably have a different perception. No doubt he has to play better to win this weekend.

Which was what I thought he mimicked…subtle greatness from the 70’s. That would have escaped most (not all) cancel culture scrutiny today. Kelly’s version with a paragraph and diagrams of the planned assassination was a little clunky. Style points. Typical squawking over nothing but he gave them too much material.
Exactly. And McKay was a natural comedian, with great wit and timing. He delivered it without missing a beat, in a perfect deadpan. Kelly seems to be a humorless grouch with an unfortunate incident in his background that people will use against him. It’s a nontroversy that will be gone in the next 24 hours.

Bailey is also a hard worker…. Just bc he is not consistent in practice now….. does not mean that he won’t reach that point.

True. People forget he is in essence a red shirt freshman. He missed all of spring 2020 camp due to the shut down and was out pretty much all of camp last fall due to Covid. After the season was lost he did get some live game action. And then had to start over with an entirely new staff and system. His time will come.

Did I say that? It's a simple statement and concept. Some guys practice well (JG) and suck in games. Some guys suck at practice (Dobbs) and play well in games. You only know which is which when they play in games.

I just think that’s the exception and not the rule. The only way a competent coach gets QB3 (who hasn’t practiced as well) out there is when QB1 isn’t doing the job.

239368737_4851543728206376_2760295404543805780_n.jpg

That joke was DOA.

I don’t think he played well just not as bad as I had originally thought….. he was pretty good early and mad a couple of really really good throws…..he was off deep but had been really consistent in practice with his deep throws so hopefully he will play the next game like he does in practice.
I noticed in practice videos (I know… practice videos) that he had more air under his throws. I truly think that is his biggest issue from connecting them. He is trying to rocket them instead of putting air under it and giving the receiver time to get to the spot. It looked a lot like his misses at Michigan. I wonder if he was too anxious and wanting to make big plays and reverted to bad habits. Either way, all coachable and fixable if he listens. It is never as bad or as good as it seems. Plus we played BG and I’m sure we didn’t show much. We will know a lot more this week in regards to our team and QB.

I see everyone is distraught over the QB play.........WE WON..... and he threw the ball to the guy's with ORANGE shirts on !!!! Not very many QB'S ,and Teams for that matter, lived up to their billing. I'm reading about how we should have scored all the point's since BGU sucked last year......SO DID WE !!!! I think we will be fine and win the games we're supposed too and win several that people think we want.

As far as the QB, why don't we let the coach who see's them practice and run things everyday decide who is best at doing what they want done on the field.

I noticed in practice videos (I know… practice videos) that he had more air under his throws. I truly think that is his biggest issue from connecting them. He is trying to rocket them instead of putting air under it and giving the receiver time to get to the spot. It looked a lot like his misses at Michigan. I wonder if he was too anxious and wanting to make big plays and reverted to bad habits. Either way, all coachable and fixable if he listens. It is never as bad or as good as it seems. Plus we played BG and I’m sure we didn’t show much. We will know a lot more this week in regards to our team and QB.
Yep I am hopeful that we see better play from him this weekend.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Yep I am hopeful that we see better play from him this weekend.
Obviously we could have ran the ball every play and been just fine in the last game. How much can we expect the playbook to open up next week? I really liked the plays on the first few drives then later in the game we were just running all over them since that’s what they were giving us.

I mean you have two staffs now that are telling you that he’s 3rd best in QB rooms that are less than ideal.
The last staff couldn't coach a high school team. They kept shoving JG in there only to fail miserably. I wouldn't trust the last staff's judgment with regards to anything football. I'm reserving judgment on this staff.

I mean you have two staffs now that are telling you that he’s 3rd best in QB rooms that are less than ideal.
True. I just chalked up last season to being an EE and not getting to go through spring and then all SEC schedule and not getting much practice. I do believe he can be a serviceable QB and some guys do play better in games than practice. I by no means think he is All SEC or more. I feel comfortable enough with what I saw last year that he wouldn’t truly “screw up” a game if he was forced into action. I do know I saw a lot more designed QB runs than I expected from our Offense that he just doesn’t fit.

Y’all gotta turn the page on HB lol

He's a redshirt freshman lol. Competing against two veterans.

If this is the mentality now, I don't want to hear anyone getting mad about kids who won't "wait their turn". The expectation to play immediately is clearly there in the fans just as much as it is in the players.

Did that one 5 yard pass from the back up qb impress you? If Milton doesn’t improve then we will move on to Hooker…. I don’t think JH will put with poor QB play….. after re-watching the game…. I don’t think Milton played as poorly as I originally thought but he still has a lot to prove this Saturday.
I think if it weren’t for the dropped balls his performance would have been considered solid. Not amazing but definitely less criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back